Code of Conduct

Default Gift Set's Or Bottle?

Do you tend to buy gift set's or just the bottle? Many times I buy the gift set's, most of the time the extra's are very very cheap or free. So, what do ya tend to do?

Default Re: Gift Set's Or Bottle?

I'm just getting into the niche world, so I don't know. Today going to look at some niche frags for the first time at a store.

Usually just purchase bottles. If the gift set is a bargain I would.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 30th December 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have stuff that's been laying around for years from gift sets..
    After shave balms-shower gels.. etc..
    I rarely get the set

For me, I know logically that if a gift set is available, it should make more sense to buy because often it's the same price but you get a free X on the side, but as a collector I just buy the regular bottle anyway because
    1. I like having a simple compact box for the perfume so I can store it with the others instead of a large display box, or no box at all
    2. I wear so many different scents that I prefer to keep all my shampoo/bodywash/moisturizer, etc neutral and just wear a scented perfume. If I only had that one scent, sure then a matching deodorant wouldn't hurt, but changing my scent every day wouldn't work if I still had the same strongly scented deodorant.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I go with bottle's only because I don't need that gel, shaving cream, body wash, etc, etc. Like Master-Classter said, I prefer to keep any wash product neutral smelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Do you tend to buy gift set's or just the bottle?
    In my case, just the bottle.

(2345)
    Last edited by hednic; 30th December 2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

If the gift set includes either lotion or a travel atomizer, I'll purchase that, otherwise, just the bottle as I'd never use the other items typically found in gift sets.

Usually just the bottle. I like to have the box to store the bottle in, which you don't have in a gift set. Also, I don't like the light exposure that gift set bottles are subjected to. Keep it in the dark. I'm overly cautious about light exposure, especially after seeing how some stores store their bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    For me, I know logically that if a gift set is available, it should make more sense to buy because often it's the same price but you get a free X on the side, but as a collector I just buy the regular bottle anyway because
    1. I like having a simple compact box for the perfume so I can store it with the others instead of a large display box, or no box at all
    2. I wear so many different scents that I prefer to keep all my shampoo/bodywash/moisturizer, etc neutral and just wear a scented perfume. If I only had that one scent, sure then a matching deodorant wouldn't hurt, but changing my scent every day wouldn't work if I still had the same strongly scented deodorant.

If I would have been here first, this would have been pretty close to what I would have said!

Just the bottle, because I do not like to be obliged to bath with a particular body wash or use a particular deodrant

I prefer to buy the bottle only because I like to store my fragrances in their box and the extras tend to go unused.

Bottles only (with the exception of one or two that, with experience, I love so much, that I might want an extra fume boost).

Otherwise, for me, it's just too much stuff to take up space etc.

Blog Entries

l have been known to buy gift sets, if l spot a good deal on a perfume that l already love.

My favourites have been;

Alien; the shower gel & body cream are just gorgeous!

Jasmin Noir; a very nice purse spray along with the bottle.

Ghost; another lovely body cream.

Not having the box is not a big problem for me, as l keep all my bottles together in pretty storage boxes anyway.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Gift sets usually provide me, both for personal purchases and for presents, with additional matched cosmetics/grooming/bath product lines at truly very affordable prices. Thus, it's mostly quite rewarding for me to find and to buy a gift set.

I wish the type of perfumes I tend to buy came in gift sets lol.

for swap/sale:

Gift sets for few bucks more, you can get goodies