Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Argan Oil Craze

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Argan Oil Craze

No, the oil doesn't, just the fresh plant.

Yep! Fresh mint is good in water too

Banned

For anyone interested in buying 100% Argan Oil. I found these two sellers who have everything going for them. Price is cheapest I found in UK.
    1. Realargan
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-PURE-O...item1e68d32da2

2. Moroccon Gold
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Organic-Moro...=Moroccan+Gold

I see, so it may not be borage what smells like dead sea life. In any case, if anyone happens in a Aesop store and tries some of the shine, I'd be happy to hear reactions. (note, the first smell is ok. The marine part comes out after a while).

cacio

LOL! I looked the product up and it says it has Ylang Ylang and a few other EO's. Thats funny Cacio! Now I wonder what their sales are like, ha!

No perceptible ylang ylang in this one. There's very perceptible ylang ylang in the Aesop oil for the face, which smells good.

cacio

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ajmcguire View Post
    Cold pressed 100% Borage oil have a very low scent, hardly anything detectable, so it's great for making serums and adding essential oils too. Borage oils comes from the seeds of the plant. Have you heard this? Marula oil out of Africa has recently been touted as the next "miracle oil" as is great for burns. Yep, a soothing oil for burns. The oil comes from the nuts the tree produces and has a detectable smell, some clients of mine say it smells musty. I don't use that one at full strength though, it's expensive too. I love making products, it is so much fun. Thank goodness for a forum like this to learn more and more from!
    If Marula Oil was so good how comes no supermodel has picked up on it? And noone talks about it on modelmayhem or even thefashionspot whereas Argan Oil is talked about. Two of the biggest and leading fashion beauty forums.

- - - Updated - - -

celebrities/models who use argan oil:
    Anais Pouliot
    Susie Amy
    Giselle Bundchen
    Kim Kardashian
    Charlize Theron
    Madonna
    Eva Mendes
    Katy Perry
    Angelina Jolie
    Jennifer Aniston
    Josie Maran
    Julianne Moore
    Kelly Ripa
    Kylie Minogue
    Marion Cotillard
    Scarlett Johansson
    Salma Hayek
    Selena Gomez
    Taylor Swift
    Nigella Lawson
    Jamie Oliver

http://www.essentialsyou.com/who-is-using-argan-oil/
    Last edited by klimax; 12th January 2014 at 02:54 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by patburton View Post
    I also heard argan is very good for the hair. I want something to revive my hair and reduce hairfall, is argan product effective for that?
    Pure Argan Oil is good for the skin but where it exceeds is the Hair. It's used in the leading salons, but usually it's Moroccan Oil that's used for hair which contains a small amount of Argan Oil with other ingredients and fillers. It's safer as a standalone. U can see on this post how it helps with hair http://www.basenotes.net/threads/373...=1#post3036455

After comparing two of the products, Realargan from ebay, absorbs into the skin more easily than Moroccan gold company, makes skin softer and leaves no residue. Whereas the Moroccan Gold company leaves a matte finish. I recommend the realargan for UK buyers. Over 11,000 sold!
    Last edited by klimax; 19th January 2014 at 12:01 PM.

My Moroccan friends dip their bread in it and eat it He asks he'd rather have it do it's magic from the inside. Apparently it is common practice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    My Moroccan friends dip their bread in it and eat it He asks he'd rather have it do it's magic from the inside. Apparently it is common practice.
    Yep but the edible one is usually roasted so it has that nutty smell. If it's roasted it loses some of it's properties, that's why there is a culinary grade (edible) and cosmetic grade (raw). Although I've been told by ebay seller (link posted above), they're both edible.

Aah, that's right. I've got some at home somewhere. Haven't tried it with bread yet...

Thanks.

Yep, Argan Oil can work wonders for your hair and skin. I personally use them and the improvements are visible. Though it does not come cheap, a few drops go a long way!

I've tried it and I love it. I also have the shampoo and condition, my hair definitely feels thicker and less dry.

I use argan oil when it's 100% pure. Some of the "argan oil" hair products can be nothing but silicones with a bit of argan oil near the bottom of the ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by themaleedit View Post
    I use argan oil when it's 100% pure. Some of the "argan oil" hair products can be nothing but silicones with a bit of argan oil near the bottom of the ingredients.
    Very true, also there is a cooking version which is not as refined as the one for the skin.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Quote Originally Posted by themaleedit View Post
    agreed, some places market themselves as containing it but actually contain very little!

I am using a natural Japanese silk facial treatment mask with Argan oil and Vitamin C which really works on my skin and make it soft and smooth. I ordered this masks at Essenzza Health last few months and I've been applying it twice a month. My skin brightens because of the Vitamin C and Argan oil really hydrates my skin.