Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Displays

My modest fragrance collection is tucked away in the sock drawer and is put to shame by the display shelves featured in many member's pictures. At what point do I move the bottles from their cozy hideaway to a curio cabinet or my wife's china cabinet?

Default Re: Fragrance Displays

When you need the space for more socks. Seriously you'll know when it's the right time and if it's something you want to display more openly for your viewing enjoyment.

(2340)
    Last edited by hednic; 30th December 2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I recommend keeping perfume in the dark in a cool place. Don't let light, or heat destroy your scents.

As long as its cool and dark, you're good.

Your sock drawer is likely the best place to keep your frag. LIght damages perfumes. If you want to use the frags within, say, 5 years, keeping them outside (but out of sunlight) could be good, but otherwise, better in the dark. Many of the displays you see here are actually in dark parts of the house, where they don't receive light.

cacio

Banned
    Blog Entries

Some here are nice but I keep most in the basement..
    Even if I had the space I would not spend hundreds on these cabinets..

Blog Entries

I found these leather covered boxes at hobby lobby for about $20 each. I keep my perfumes, decants, samples and decanting supplies in them. You can store them in a closet or on a table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I found these leather covered boxes at hobby lobby for about $20 each. I keep my perfumes, decants, samples and decanting supplies in them. You can store them in a closet or on a table.
    Those look quite nice.

(2358)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Those look quite nice.

(2358)
    Thanks! Sorry the picture is so dark. The box on the left has cut outs for handles. I have stacks of these here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    When you need the space for more socks.

Excellent!

I recommend keeping perfume in the dark in a cool place. Don't let light, or heat destroy your scents.
    Agree. I don't display my collection. I keep my full bottles in large rubbermaid containers in my basement. Cool and Dark. I put 5ml into atomizers, and keep the atomizers in my bathroom closet. Easy to organize, easy to find, all at my fingertips.

I like the look of that box. It will match the one I use to organize keys and such on my nightstand.

Only some of my fragrances are openly displayed, most of them are simply kept in closed, cool and dark cabinets.

I store my fragrances in their original boxes. I keep them cool and in the dark.

I store my frags in their boxes in a dark cabinet. Sometimes I display my Scent of the Day on top of my dresser for a day or two to enjoy the beauty of the bottle. Otherwise, the bottles are well protected. I believe some, but not all, of the photos on BN are staged for photographic purposes and are not their regular display/storage.

In a closet that has a door

for swap/sale:

I have my collection stored in an antique cabinet. Included is a small library on the subject & my seasonal rotation in a leather chest. I use a cigarette case with my seasonal/travel samples, while the rest of the sample collection is in a bedside dresser drawer.
    Last edited by Arij; 14th January 2014 at 04:18 AM.

Thank's for sharing Arij.