Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Have $50 gift certificate for Lucky Scent - What would you apply it towards ?

Hey guys,

Got a last minute Christmas present from my sis in texas....Trying to decide what I would apply it towards at the retailer Lucky Scent....

This is what I currently have:

Molecule 01
    Escentric 02
    Gengis Khan
    Divine L'homme Sage
    Floris Santal
    Fougere Royale
    Ulrich Lang Anvers
    Sartorial (so no Invasion Barbare, please)
    Lubin Itasca
    Chez Bond
    Eau des Baux
    Brecourt Esprit Mondain
    Murdock's Black Tea
    Sel Marin
    Bentley Intense
    Puredistance M
    Fragonard Confidential
    Creed OV
    Creed MI
    Creed Aventus
    LIDG
    Sycomore
    Malle's VE
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge

Gives you a little idea what I kinda like...No Creeds please, Montale's, Rose scents or Amber....Not a big fan of these anymore....

Looking for a great smelling, daily wear scent that will harbor the compliments as well as satifsy the "nicheness" in me...

Thanks again guys for all of the help !

Default Re: Have $50 gift certificate for Lucky Scent - What would you apply it towards ?

Cuir Mandarine by David Jourquin and Eight & Bob would be two possibilities.

(2349)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Have $50 gift certificate for Lucky Scent - What would you apply it towards ?

Parfum d Empire Fougere Bengale

Basenotes Plus

Thanks guys....Hednic...Im curious about the Cuir Mandarine....Is it great smelling, compliment getting and a great scent to wear daily IYO?

Got a sample of Idole Eau De Parfum from Luckyscent two weeks ago. Very nice sandlewood with a boozy background and leather base. You can also request three sample with your order.

How about Azzaro Chrome?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nzrsaa View Post
    How about Azzaro Chrome?
    Lucky Scents deals with Niche.
    Check em out

I would say CDG..
    Incense is a good thing

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Got a sample of Idole Eau De Parfum from Luckyscent two weeks ago. Very nice sandlewood with a boozy background and leather base. You can also request three sample with your order.
    Sounds good as I love Lubin or the HOUSE of Lubin...Most of their stuff is fantastic...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Check em out

I would say CDG..
    Incense is a good thing
    Which one tony ? 2 Man?

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Thanks guys....Hednic...Im curious about the Cuir Mandarine....Is it great smelling, compliment getting and a great scent to wear daily IYO?
    IMO Yes.

(2350)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Which one tony ? 2 Man?
    Are you getting a bunch of samples or a FB blind buy?
    CDG Black 2013 is my favorite

Basenotes Plus

Are you getting a bunch of samples or a FB blind buy?
    CDG Black 2013 is my favorite
    i know i will get a lot of flack but probably a blind-buy.....i like the element of surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post

I think that will make him regret his Bentley for Men Intense purchase.

I would give De Bachmakov a grab. My sample is out, and I will be picking up a bottle of this one very soon.

Also, I would suggest - if you havent't tried it already: Diptyque Tam Dao

Both very versatile and safe.

Check em out
    Yep I guess it is a bit popular. I'm thinking Maybe Bamboo for men by Frank Olivier then

The Penhaligon's are nice. And you'd only be $40 out of pocket.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    The Penhaligon's are nice. And you'd only be $40 out of pocket.
    Which ones Chuck ?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I think that will make him regret his Bentley for Men Intense purchase.

I would give De Bachmakov a grab. My sample is out, and I will be picking up a bottle of this one very soon.

Also, I would suggest - if you havent't tried it already: Diptyque Tam Dao

Both very versatile and safe.
    Oh NO! I LOVE my Bentley Intense...lol...Dont tell me that....

Oh NO! I LOVE my Bentley Intense...lol...Dont tell me that....
    Most people seem to love Bentley Intense. I blind bought it too a short time ago - and while only giving it one wearing, I found it to be a lesser version of Lubin Idole. I would certainly recommend you get a sample of Idole (I prefer the EDP, but most people seem to like the EDT) so you can compare and decide for yourself.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Most people seem to love Bentley Intense. I blind bought it too a short time ago - and while only giving it one wearing, I found it to be a lesser version of Lubin Idole. I would certainly recommend you get a sample of Idole (I prefer the EDP, but most people seem to like the EDT) so you can compare and decide for yourself.
    well I ONLY dropped 70 bucks on it and it is very hard to get unless you buy it off of ebay...Im afraid that I might like the Lubin Idole so I better not...lol

I would put it towards Liquid Night by A Lab on Fire (if you're really looking for a safe blind buy that's easy to wear) or Eau Duelle.

Other interesting choices are Ex Idolo's Thirty Three and Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterranea by Profumi del Forte. However, these do not seem like safe blind buys or something you could wear to work every day.

Basenotes Plus

Perhaps not helpful as it is a critique and not a suggestion, but I would NOT by Chez Bond. It was my SOTD yesterday, and I just hated it. I would say the comparisons with Cool Water and GIT are accurate; a similar constellation of notes. Green, sour and just horrid. The good news (debatable if you hate the scent), about this and all the Bonds I have sampled, is that the longevity is outstanding. They all seem to stick around like the overcast skies here in the great Pacific Northwest.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Perhaps not helpful as it is a critique and not a suggestion, but I would NOT by Chez Bond. It was my SOTD yesterday, and I just hated it. I would say the comparisons with Cool Water and GIT are accurate; a similar constellation of notes. Green, sour and just horrid. The good news (debatable if you hate the scent), about this and all the Bonds I have sampled, is that the longevity is outstanding. They all seem to stick around like the overcast skies here in the great Pacific Northwest.
    Thanks for the critique....yea, not a Bond no. 9 fan at all....it was a gift and surprisingly enough, my wife loves it on me.....but she also loves cool water too
    Last edited by FSU92grad; 30th December 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I'm glad you started this thread FSU because I got a 50 dollar gift certificate to LuckyScent also and was trying to figure out what to put it towards!

If I had such a certificate - Lubin Itasca, nothing else in my scent library smells like it.

3 everyday fragrances that garner plenty of compliments..

Penhaligons Endymion
    Diptyque Volutes
    Serge Lutens 5 O'clock au Gingambre
    Currently wearing: Tardes by Carner Barcelona

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=insomniac;3029634]If I had such a certificate - Lubin Itasca, nothing else in my scent library smells like it.[/QUOTE

I was actually considering this one. How is the longevity and projection?

CdG Sugi, Bruno Acampora Nero, Naomi Goodsir Cuir Velours or Andrea Maack Coal
    Currently wearing: Giselle by Carla Fracci

Penhaligon's Endymion and Sartorial are both nice. Endymion is sweet and warm, Sartorial is dry and business-like. Quercus is also a good one, but a bit CK One like. I was very tempted to order the Sartorial Gift Set before Christmas.

-------------
    Last edited by Oproust; 30th December 2013 at 08:35 PM.

Frank No. 2 - Frank Los Angeles. A great boozy fragrance.