Code of Conduct

Default Tokyo Milk Favorite?

I've recently had opportunity to sample several offerings from this house and found them to have a few unique scents.

I wondered which are interesting to fellow BNers.

Dead Sexy might be dead first in terms of my favorites. I find it actually reminds me a bit of Bois Farine, with a sort of bready, putty opening which I'm guessing is the Ebony. As it dries down, I found that a lightly honeyed sweetness rose to the surface to tickle my olfactories unexpectedly. It's not terribly long lasting, perhaps 3 hours but the uniqueness of the scent and lower pricing made that seem less of a concern.

Tainted Love came next and felt like a bit of a honey bomb, quite sweet but with a little bit of sophistication added by faint woods.

Everything & Nothing was tested only briefly but I found the sharp Citrix opening to be intoxicating. I'm looking forward to further exploration!

Any other thoughts on this house?

Default Re: Tokyo Milk Favorite?

I wore Le Petite for years before falling down the rabbit hole. It's a sweet, soft violet/vanilla. The first time I smelled the drydown of Tom Ford's Violet Blonde, I was reminded of this one, but it may just be the violet talking! My roommate wears Honey and the Moon occasionally, and that one is too sweet for my tastes.I've sniffed quite a few of the others but have not tested extensively. Have fun!

Bulletproof is pretty fun! A milky, incense-y tea scent.

Bought Everything and Nothing for my wife. I thought it was too heady and not unique. Then it never changed: what you get at first sniff is all you get. It has put me off the entire Tokyo Milk house. Maybe I'll try another one in the future...
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Bulletproof, from the few times I've worn it, is very fun and interesting.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    Bought Everything and Nothing for my wife. I thought it was too heady and not unique. Then it never changed: what you get at first sniff is all you get. It has put me off the entire Tokyo Milk house. Maybe I'll try another one in the future...
    The ones I've tried don't change dramatically, but since I like what I smell, I am ok with that for now.

The horrible experience of Tokyo milks's Arsenic, kind of put me off trying them further.. Maybe should try to get over my phobia and hit it again

I was left relatively unimpressed by all fragrances in their line up. I was disappointed.

Own and like: Bulletproof, Arsenic, and Crushed (which is really nice in the summertime).
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey