Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 31 December 2013.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Le Dix - Balenciaga.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 31 December 2013.

Eau Demoiselle - Givenchy

Good morning to all those just starting the last day of 2013!

30 Roses I string tinsel everywhere for my kitty, would that keep your George entertained? I get kneaded (is that the same as patting?) when he’s bored. It’s the strangest thing it’s like he’s making bread or giving me a kitty massage.

Robin what a amazing gift and sweet sister! Sounds like it was what you needed to finish off a less than stellar 2013.

((shades)) hope you are feeling better today.

Everyone who is in the midst of the deep freeze, take care out there.

Getting ready for this evening festivities with a double shot of risretto, it’s been a long day. Going to a ‘Mad Men’ themed New Years celebration. Dressing will be snap seamed stocking, pencil skirt and chignon. Staying awake will be much more challenging. Une Fleur de Cassie today and partying in Chanel No.5 vintage parfum and EdC this evening.

Have wonderful day and evening everyone see you in 2014 and a for anyone still up at midnight!

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hello all.

My first every Parfumerie Generale. Iris Oriental / Iris Taïzo 14 by Parfumerie Generale
    DONNA

Vintage extract Nuit de Noel.

Basenotes Plus

Seeing out the old year with that party in a bottle, Angel.

Wish you all fun and safe celebrations tonight! Catch ya on the flip side. xxxooo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello All,

Closing out with Chanel Cuir de Russie (what else?).
    Thank you all for your humour, generosity, insightfulness and friendship these past 12 months.
    xx

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 31 December 2013.

HABIT ROUGE , Eau de Parfum
    L'Echappée du Cavalier edition

Thanks to Monsieur Guerlain for the photo
    https://www.facebook.com/monsieurguerlain
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Wearing Encens Flamboyant for a lazy day off today.

l'll check in again with my SOTE before we head off to the pub tonight, but l wish you all a very Happy New Year, whatever you're up to today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello everyone -

I'm in Repetto this morning ...not sure what tonight's fragrance will be, but I'll be back later to wish everyone well, too, so I'll probably mention it then. In the meantime, y'all have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Closing out with Chanel Cuir de Russie (what else?).
    Thank you all for your humour, generosity, insightfulness and friendship these past 12 months.
    xx
    Likewise g, though the pleasure has been all mine ...and in case you don't already know it, you smell wonderful. xo

((Roberto)) - that was lovely, thank you! xo

teardrop - enjoy your last day of pottering for 2013! xo
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lidge

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone! We're still in the deep freeze here, -26F this morning. When you add the wind chill it's -49, I'm glad I don't have to go out today. Yesterday when I left for an eye doctor appointment it was -20F, the cold wasn't a problems but the icy roads from the storm on Saturday were. There were several cars in the ditch and one DHL delivery truck was stuck way out in the field. He must have been going pretty fast to end up way out there when he slid off the road. Thankfully I didn't have any problems.

I hope you feel better soon, Shades!

Wearing 24, Faubourg this morning.

Hard to believe this is the last day of 2013, all in all it's been a pretty good year. I want to thank all of you for being such a fun and loveable bunch. I can't tell you the number of times just reading the sotd has lifted my spirits. I love each and every one of you. I hope all of you have a wonderful 2014!! xoxo
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 31st December 2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Parfums Raffy Dragon this New Years Eve morning,
    Saying goodbye to the Chinese year of the Dragon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!
    Last edited by kbe; 31st December 2013 at 02:25 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Xscent,

George is funny, he'll actually reach out and pat my leg once or twice. I can almost hear him say, "Pardon me?" He's also not a lap cat at all, and only tolerates being held for brief moments-- a minute is a long time and he only lasts that long if he likes the neck/upper back massage he's getting! Pretty soon he squirms to be let down.

I don't leave any sort of stringy things around-- no tinsel, no yarn etc. Reason is, he'll lick at it-- and because the papillae on cat's tongues face backwards, once they start licking, they can't readily disengage their tongues from the string. They will tend to swallow it (the way they swallow hair). Any "linear foreign body" can cause a lot of damage requiring surgery and can even be fatal.

This will explain it better:
    http://thepreventivevet.tumblr.com/p...hristmas-day-1

Financial fiscal year end closing closing today!

Nothing but Bois d'Armenie on such a hectic day.

for swap/sale:

Cedre Olympe by Armani Prive

(2374)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hello to all. I'm in Chanel Eau de Cologne tody from a tester. Beautiful criteria but very little staying power. The dry down reminds me of Frapin Espirit du Fleurs.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

All good things wished for this planet's best-smelling, good-hearted peeps for 2014.
    I'm grateful we're riding this pale blue dot together.
    Here's to one more swing around the sun, dancing with all of you.
    Ending the year in weird Marni.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm testing Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose Amber today (thank you kalli! ) It is sweetly old-fashioned and nostalgic, and I mean that in a good way. It's like having afternoon tea with your elderly aunt and using the antique bone china tea cups ... a special treat once in a while.

Thank you for the get well wishes! I'm getting a surprise day off today to help fully recuperate. We supposed to go to a party for my nephew's 30th birthday tonight, but neither hubby nor I really want to get out. We'll see ...

My mother got a new cat. She belonged to my niece, who really couldn't keep in in her new apartment. My niece saw her thrown out of a car into the ditch and rescued her last summer (stupid people!) My dog Cali met her for the first time and it was so funny! Cali has not been around cats ... At first Kitty walked into the room and puffed up to about 3 times her normal size and hissed at Cali. Cali looked at me like "what is THIS?" Kitty started stalking her and finally came up to her and wanted to play ... but she let Cali know who is the boss.

Have a fun New Year's Eve, but please everyone, stay safe!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 31st December 2013 at 06:30 PM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Posting my SOTE now as soon we'll be eating before getting ready to go out.

This completes my first year of posting on this thread every single day, (except while on holiday) & l just want to thank everyone here for sharing their lives, fragrant thoughts, laughter & tears each day. You are truly a wonderful bunch, & l so appreciate being on this ride with you all. Here's to a very happy, peaceful & prosperous 2014!

Today is also the anniversary of mine & Mr teardrop's first meeting, so we're celebrating four years together tonight, as well as seeing in the new year, at a party at our local pub. SOTE is Allure; his favourite.

P.S. Cute pics, shades!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good afternoon, good smelling people. Jailia for today for sure!

Good luck with your year end close, Hedonist. Our office is closed this week and we face the same when we go back on Thursday.

My house is filled with daughters for a few days it's nice. Though there is much competition for the bathroom.

A big scented hug to every single one of you
    Happy end, happy beginning of the year!
    Don't know what my SotE will be, yet, as I'm not at home and my choice is limited to a few samples... But I'll smell, for sure!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

I love the kitty stories!

Shades, we adopted a young cat that we found near my child's school a year a half ago. We'd never seen homeless cats there before, and it was clear she had not been lost for a long time. She was declawed, very friendly and clearly wanted human company! She didn't have a chip. Long story short, we couldn't find her owners although we tried, and she ended up with us. We have a much older male cat, who is not declawed and is bigger than she. Somehow, she managed to show him who the boss is very quickly. To this day, I think he is afraid of this smaller, younger, declawed kitty. It's all in the attitude!

I'm in Costume National 21 today: my choice for spicy, creamy, and woody.

Happy New Year to all!
    Last edited by catnip_too; 31st December 2013 at 06:30 PM.

queen of the universe

Ringing out the old in a vintage drugstore classic, Fabergé Flambeau. I'll be entertaining tomorrow; tonight I'm home with the cable TV and some locally sourced ice-cream.

Happy New Year to all.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Hi, Lovelies--

Bottega Veneta today. No idea about the evening. I'm thinking Opium, maybe Insolence...

Happy New Year's! Hooray!

Blog Entries

I have been wearing my wardrobe in alphabetical order for the last few weeks. Lots of funny surprises when you do that (like wearing EL Bronze Goddess in a snowstorm). Anyway, today, 12/31/13 find me in my lonely bottle of Chloe by Chloe so that is what I'm wearing. Have a wonderful kickoff for 2014!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

I wish everyone a healthy, happy & prosperous new year.

I decided that I'd wear on this NYE what took my breath away this year:

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Happy New Year, Everybody!

Caron- En Avion, Mais oui!

Basenotes Plus

Happy New Year all - loved the fireworks, hedonist!

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    I have been wearing my wardrobe in alphabetical order for the last few weeks. Lots of funny surprises when you do that (like wearing EL Bronze Goddess in a snowstorm). Anyway, today, 12/31/13 find me in my lonely bottle of Chloe by Chloe so that is what I'm wearing. Have a wonderful kickoff for 2014!
    What a concept! I might have to try that, tho it would tax my organizational skills.

Happy New Year to all my new scented friends! Out to dinner with my fella in Bal à Versailles. Will we remarry before the license expires on January 26? No idea. Have a wonderful night.

Hello everyone!

We're just about ready to head out for the evening's celebrations, starting with an intimate little pre-party cocktail party, then comes the main-event soirée which will culminate at midnight as the fleur de-lys drops over Jackson Square, followed by a traditional réveillon dinner/breakfast stretching into the wee hours of the morning ...I need a fragrance that'll last! I originally had my mind all set on Amouage Gold, but at the last moment surprised myself with Sisley's Eau du Soir ...*such* a good decision. It's been such a long time since I've worn this I'd almost forgotten how perfectly glorious it is, and I've got the perfumed body cream for extra-luxurious staying power.

Y'all have a magnificent evening, and a perfectly magical new year, too. Wishing everyone all the best for 2014, a year filled with love, laughter, and beautiful perfume! xoxo

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

queen of the universe

Synchronicity, Evangeline! I was looking through various goodies my Basenotes friends had sent over the past year and happened on Eau de Soir. I may be housebound, but I will smell festive!

ScentFan, your evening sounds like it could be made into a Claudette Colbert/Clark Gable movie!

Chanel Cuir de Russie for me this evening. Happy New Year!

Ringing in the New and Happy(er) 2014 in Pierre PG Bois de Copaiba.

Exactly my sentiment, teardrop. yeah, a wonderful bunch! And many may thanks.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Finishing up the year in Annick Goutal Duel
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Pleasures Delight.