Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 302
  1. #271
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,379

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Thank you, SportsFan - hopefully everyone will do the same or check out some of the other current threads

  2. #272
    Basenotes Junkie NYCBoomBoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    I've tried it once and enjoyed it. I don't have Dior Homme Sport, so the citrus that's included in Eau is perfect for me as I already have and enjoy DH and DHI. I think for those who have DHS, this might be too close, but for those without, it could fill a 'need'.

  3. #273
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    I, for one, will be wearing DHE to work today - inspired somewhat by all the activity in this thread

    Bought it the first weekend available in Houston, and am still loving it.

    Just for grins, I'll report back tonight.

  4. #274
    Basenotes Junkie ScottW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    738

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    I happened to be in Macy's yesterday so I gave this a try.

    FWIW, this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly like DH or DHI. I have not done much exploration of iris as a note so I don't yet know if I dislike iris in general, or just its rendition in DH in combination with the cocoa. Not only do I find it somewhat less than masculine on a test strip, but the "grandma's lipstick" scent gets a bit nasty on my skin, almost sour. I didn't really know what to expect of DHEFM but this thread gave me the general impression that it was different enough from its predecessors (for better or worse) that it would at least be interesting.

    I just want to say that the name of this frag is ridiculous. Dior Homme Eau for Men, a spectacular marketing coup by the Department of Redundancy Department. Maybe they felt the repetition was necessary to convince people that this Dior Homme is the manly one. Should we anticipate a future release of Dior Homme Eau for Women?

    It actually smells okay to me. The "Eau" part of the name is appropriate IMO, since it comes off as a slightly more watery fresh summer-wearable version of the original. Not an aquatic by any means, but in that direction from the original DH. The iris is still noticeable, but gone is the grandma's lipstick smell that turned me off of DH. I wore one generous spray on each wrist, and projection was pretty solid (couple of feet) for about 90 minutes, after which it seemed to drop off quickly along with the fading of the iris. After that, I totally get the comparison to Chanel Allure Homme Sport, and it smelled somewhat linear from the 90 minute point to becoming a skin scent around 4-5 hours, and it was gone to my nose around 9 hours. I also kept a test strip, and 36 hours after spraying it is still quite persistent on paper. IMO a spray to your clothes (which I didn't do) would be a good way to get a little longevity to last through a work day.

    This flanker is more wearable for me, probably for similar reasons why some people who love DH and DHI may not like DHEFM. I won't be buying it because to me it's "just okay" and I can find better ways to spend $80 as I build my wardrobe. But it does smell fresh & clean, it's inoffensive, it's from a respected house, and its price will appeal to a wide audience. It will probably sell very well.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

  5. #275

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Dior Homme Eau for Women? Now there is an idea....
    Currently wearing: Exotic by Jimmy Choo

  6. #276
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    I, for one, will be wearing DHE to work today - inspired somewhat by all the activity in this thread

    Bought it the first weekend available in Houston, and am still loving it.

    Just for grins, I'll report back tonight.

    Reporting back from today's wearing, with a little objective data.

    7:40am: Applied 4 sprays, 2 on chest/undershirt, 1 each on both wrists, for a total of 4
    12:00pm: Lunch time check and I'm still getting a nice scent bubble that is noticeable as I move around
    3:15pm: Down to a skin scent on my exposed wrists, but still pretty hefty on my chest/shirt
    5:30pm: Have to put my nose right to my wrists to smell it, but shirt is still moderately strong

    So, as far as wear performance, I got about 7:35, between application and the point I noticed DHE down to a skin scent on my wrists. On my shirt, it lasted within close-quarter range the business day, plus a bit. If I were going out for dinner, I would've hit one or two more sprays to freshen up.

    All throughout, I thought the scent smelled pretty good to very good. It died down gracefully, with not bad spots during this wearing.

  7. #277
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Have to pop into my local town now, going to be passing Boots so i shall see if they have this in stock, and if they do give myself a spray and see what its all about...

  8. #278

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Just tried this in store. SAs out in force in Boots. First impression is of damp cardboard, glue sticks and bubble-bath. I've got a carded sample for sniffing later.
    He boiled for our sins.

  9. #279

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Tried this again today - still not impressed. But I want to be impressed. Its just too weak for me. I like the ingredients and the smell but need it all magnified X 5. I want more of the iris and more of the citrus.
    Unfortunately, at the same time , I sprayed Fahrenheit Parfum on the other arm. Homme Eau suddenly made Fahrenheit Parfum seem very much more interesting and complex when comparing one against the other all afternoon.

  10. #280
    Basenotes Plus
    FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,174

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    I'll have to give this one a sniff....But so far, havent been impressed with any of Dior's fragrances...not one...Im selling Dior homme becasue of that lipstick powdery thing going on...Not my cup of tea...

    I would love to find a nice SUMMER fragrance preferably citrus that actually LASTS all day in the hot heat...I can't wear the incensy woodsy stuff here in Florida except perhaps at night...Clean and Fresh scents are good but so utterly boring...Still looking for that perfect panacea fragrance for the Summer....
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR SUMMER (HOT):
    1.) MFK Pluriel for him
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Guerlain L'eau
    4.) Anat Fritz Tzora
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Dior Homme Eau
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Byredo Bal D'Afrique
    10.) Escentric 02

  11. #281
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I'll have to give this one a sniff....But so far, havent been impressed with any of Dior's fragrances...not one...Im selling Dior homme becasue of that lipstick powdery thing going on...Not my cup of tea...

    I would love to find a nice SUMMER fragrance preferably citrus that actually LASTS all day in the hot heat...I can't wear the incensy woodsy stuff here in Florida except perhaps at night...Clean and Fresh scents are good but so utterly boring...Still looking for that perfect panacea fragrance for the Summer....
    Citrus fragrances by nature will not last all day long. Probably the best I am aware of is Acqua Viva by Profumum.

  12. #282
    Basenotes Plus
    remik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,011

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I would love to find a nice SUMMER fragrance preferably citrus that actually LASTS all day in the hot heat...I can't wear the incensy woodsy stuff here in Florida except perhaps at night...Clean and Fresh scents are good but so utterly boring...Still looking for that perfect panacea fragrance for the Summer....
    Acqua di Parma Essenza is very clean, fresh, neroli/citrus throughout, and works great in heat (I'm in SoCal and our summers are 110-125F) and lasts a long time (10+ hours). Terre d'Hermes EDT is also great in the summer, with that citrus fruit smashed on hot rocks sort of vibe - and definitely lasts all day. TDC Sel de Vetiver and Heeley Sel Marin are also excellent in the summer - slightly different from citrus, but definitely have that hot summer vibe, and longevity is above average. I personally also like Tom Ford Grey Vetiver in the spring and summer - another one that lasts all day. If you can get your hands on Dior Vetiver (sadly discontinued) - this one works all day and does well in the heat. All these recommendations are definitely not boring, they all have distinct personalities, and are some of my all time favorites.
    Currently wearing: Odoon by Pekji

  13. #283
    Super Member LJD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Carribean
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    My 2 cents on Dior Homme Eau without having smelled it...

    Yes, that's right, after a couple of months going back and forth between this (interesting) thread and the fragrance store, I finally decided (frustrated) to write to Dior about DH Eau. Still not available where I live (carribean), but I go to France at least once a year, so...

    I was surprised by their answer : DHE will NOT be commercialised in France.

    We're certainly more used to the other way around (Jules, DHI, Fahrenheit Parfum,...).

    Is it the first time they release a masculine fragrance only for the USA (and UK) ? (it is absent on all the Dior online local sites except US & UK).

    Why would they do that ?

    (I'm only trying to guess here, so bear with me...please)

    Perhaps Dior Homme (original) sales are still below their expectations on the US market...and Dior Homme Sport is a better seller here...

    Then...I remembered a post I read here on BN :


    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    And there's where the huge irony comes in. I've had Dior Homme, and sampled several times Dior Homme Sport, Dior Homme Cologne...pretty much all of them except Dior Homme Intense. And to me, this was the first one that I really liked enough to not only feel OK wearing it, but in actually wanting to own a bottle. I owned Dior Homme before, but sold my 95% full bottle of it, primarily because it was simply a bit too feminine/odd smelling for my taste (my tastes are considerably more mainstream, I realize that). But that's why they came out with this one and released it in America, where tastes in fragrances are a bit more mainstream....to satisfy another segment of the market. Interestingly enough, this is one I've actually received several compliments on while wearing.
    What do you guys think ? Are tastes in USA generally more "mainstream", more "safe" ?

    Another thing I was wondering about : if it is in fact generally so...why NOT releasing it in France (and Europe...and the rest of the world too...) ?

    Has Dior Homme Eau been deemed redundant in the Line (DHS, DHC...) for the rest of the world ?

    Did Dior even presented it to focus groups (in France, Europe and other countries) for testing ?

    Regards,
    LJD
    Last edited by LJD; 16th March 2014 at 11:42 PM.

  14. #284

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    This is Dior Homme with a big dose of synthetic woody amber. As a huge fan of Dior Homme, I'm disappointed by this. The opening is ok, but after that wears off, it's garbage.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

  15. #285
    Basenotes Plus
    remik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,011

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    What do you guys think ?
    I think the explanation may be simpler than that conspiracy theory.

    The name Dior Homme Eau for Men would simply not fly in France. It's something that must have originated from the Department of Redundancy Department. It works in the US (I guess) because few people speak French and general population doesn't realize "Homme" and "for Men" is... rather redundant. I have a feeling DHEFM was created purely for the North American market, hence why they didn't spend much time thinking the name idea all the way through, and why it wouldn't work in France even if they tried to sell it there.
    Currently wearing: Odoon by Pekji

  16. #286

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Perhaps because it smells just like a lady's purse they felt the need to tack on the words "For Men". People may get confused otherwise.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 17th March 2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

  17. #287
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    My 2 cents on Dior Homme Eau without having smelled it...

    Yes, that's right, after a couple of months going back and forth between this (interesting) thread and the fragrance store, I finally decided (frustrated) to write to Dior about DH Eau. Still not available where I live (carribean), but I go to France at least once a year, so...

    I was surprised by their answer : DHE will NOT be commercialised in France.

    We're certainly more used to the other way around (Jules, DHI, Fahrenheit Parfum,...).

    Is it the first time they release a masculine fragrance only for the USA (and UK) ? (it is absent on all the Dior online local sites except US & UK).

    Why would they do that ?

    (I'm only trying to guess here, so bear with me...please)

    Perhaps Dior Homme (original) sales are still below their expectations on the US market...and Dior Homme Sport is a better seller here...

    Then...I remembered a post I read here on BN :




    What do you guys think ? Are tastes in USA generally more "mainstream", more "safe" ?

    Another thing I was wondering about : if it is in fact generally so...why NOT releasing it in France (and Europe...and the rest of the world too...) ?

    Has Dior Homme Eau been deemed redundant in the Line (DHS, DHC...) for the rest of the world ?

    Did Dior even presented it to focus groups (in France, Europe and other countries) for testing ?

    Regards,
    LJD
    Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    I think the explanation may be simpler than that conspiracy theory.

    The name Dior Homme Eau for Men would simply not fly in France. It's something that must have originated from the Department of Redundancy Department. It works in the US (I guess) because few people speak French and general population doesn't realize "Homme" and "for Men" is... rather redundant. I have a feeling DHEFM was created purely for the North American market, hence why they didn't spend much time thinking the name idea all the way through, and why it wouldn't work in France even if they tried to sell it there.
    It's clear they didn't even name it properly for France, I agree. And that would indicate to me that they are not concerned with the French market (no pun intended).

    This all makes sense. I like bolder, more "feminine", and richer fragrances. Even when you look at the sporty stuff, Dior Homme Sport takes the genre in a "Euro" direction.

    I was in Macy's and immediately after trying DHEFM, I tried the new Karl Lagerfeld Men, which is also quite mainstream. Hands down, the KLM just won for me. Stronger, spicier, and a more natural fruit. I forgot about DHEFM instantly. That is how much they compromised Dior Homme.

    I'm not saying it's BAD - I'm just saying it's not for me, and probably not for a lot of the guys who liked DH just fine.

    We don't have to love everything Dior puts out. There are plenty of great things for all tastes. Right now, Dior Addict EDP, Dior Vetiver, and the various Fahrenheit fragrances are all thrilling me. I think I'm allowed to skip at least one Dior masculine and still be a fanboy!
    * * * *

  18. #288
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Perhaps because it smells just like a ladies purse they felt the need to tack on the words "For Men". People may get confused otherwise.
    LMAO!

    It's like testosterone shampoo and testosterone deodorant, or belt and suspenders. You can't be too manly about manly things!
    * * * *

  19. #289
    Super Member LJD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Carribean
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    It's clear they didn't even name it properly for France, I agree. And that would indicate to me that they are not concerned with the French market (no pun intended).

    This all makes sense. I like bolder, more "feminine", and richer fragrances. Even when you look at the sporty stuff, Dior Homme Sport takes the genre in a "Euro" direction.

    I was in Macy's and immediately after trying DHEFM, I tried the new Karl Lagerfeld Men, which is also quite mainstream. Hands down, the KLM just won for me. Stronger, spicier, and a more natural fruit. I forgot about DHEFM instantly. That is how much they compromised Dior Homme.

    I'm not saying it's BAD - I'm just saying it's not for me, and probably not for a lot of the guys who liked DH just fine.

    We don't have to love everything Dior puts out. There are plenty of great things for all tastes. Right now, Dior Addict EDP, Dior Vetiver, and the various Fahrenheit fragrances are all thrilling me. I think I'm allowed to skip at least one Dior masculine and still be a fanboy!
    Well I really really love the Intense, the Sport (own 2012 version) and I just got the Original...(finally, just to check why some prefer it to the EdP). so perhaps I would not go crazy on the Eau...Not available to me anyway...

    Redneck Perfumisto, I do have great news for you...I talked to the guys and they said you could keep your Dior Fanclub VIP Card...as long as you get Fahrenheit Parfum

    Seriously, it's wonderful....and from your posts on the Fahrenheit Parfum thread and the idea I have from your taste...this is right up your alley.
    If Dior would work like Le Labo, I can clearly picture the bottle with your name on it
    I'll post (on the dedicated thread) more detailed impressions after I will have given it a couple of full wears.

  20. #290
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Well I really really love the Intense, the Sport (own 2012 version) and I just got the Original...(finally, just to check why some prefer it to the EdP). so perhaps I would not go crazy on the Eau...Not available to me anyway...
    I have that same trio - love 'em all. To me, the Sport is almost like a modern take on the old Eau de Cologne - I can almost spray with abandon. Great stuff!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Redneck Perfumisto, I do have great news for you...I talked to the guys and they said you could keep your Dior Fanclub VIP Card...as long as you get Fahrenheit Parfum
    Not a problem! Any club has to have standards! We can't have those ghastly Creed sample moochers or cross-boutiquing Guerlainistas getting cards - ridiculous! ( )

    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Seriously, it's wonderful....and from your posts on the Fahrenheit Parfum thread and the idea I have from your taste...this is right up your alley.
    If Dior would work like Le Labo, I can clearly picture the bottle with your name on it
    I'll post (on the dedicated thread) more detailed impressions after I will have given it a couple of full wears.
    I know I'm going to get it. Heck - Duty Free was invented so that I would buy that new flanker parfum!
    * * * *

  21. #291
    SportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    978

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Yes, that's right, after a couple of months going back and forth between this (interesting) thread and the fragrance store, I finally decided (frustrated) to write to Dior about DH Eau. Still not available where I live (carribean), but I go to France at least once a year, so...

    I was surprised by their answer : DHE will NOT be commercialised in France.

    We're certainly more used to the other way around (Jules, DHI, Fahrenheit Parfum,...).

    Is it the first time they release a masculine fragrance only for the USA (and UK) ? (it is absent on all the Dior online local sites except US & UK).

    Why would they do that ?

    Perhaps Dior Homme (original) sales are still below their expectations on the US market...and Dior Homme Sport is a better seller here...

    What do you guys think ? Are tastes in USA generally more "mainstream", more "safe" ?
    To answer your question....generally speaking....Yes.

    There was a thread at Fragrantica where people were talking about "international TASTES" in fragrances....and the general consensus was that Europeans prefer more "smelly" things (and I don't mean that in a negative or insulting way) where as Americans prefer a more "clean" smell.

    Generally, the top sellers in America are going to be the "natural, clean smelling" types that are generally lighter, etc. In Europe, fragrances that are heavier (i.e. - with incense, oud, etc.) and a bit louder are generally going to be more popular. That was the consensus in that thread, and judging from several members here and at Fragrantica's responses (considering what they like, and where they're located) I would have to say that's pretty accurate.

    Also, if everyone is honest with themselves here.....they will have to admit that an overwhelming majority of male Basenotes members (and females as well, but we're talking about men here) have admitted on SEVERAL occasions....that they wear fragrances "FOR THEMSELVES ONLY". So.....taking that in to account...I would guess that the vast majority of men that are members here who wear fragrances don't even seek the approval of anyone else before they decide to buy what they wear. If anything, they may come to a forum like this and seek the approval of other men.....to see if it passes the "Is it OK?" test. Personally, I don't wear fragrances that other men approve of. I generally wear fragrances that women tend to like smelling on a man. And I'm not shy, so when I'm sampling a particular scent, I'll ask as many women as I can what they think of it. Women are pretty honest about this stuff...they'll flat out tell you if they don't like it. And I've had some tell me that they don't like Dior Homme original because they consider it to be a bit "feminine" smelling. And a lot of American women still prefer that a man smell like a man (more masculine). And in the case of Dior Homme Eau for Men...women that did not like Dior Homme (original), like this one. I never received random, unsolicited compliments from women the times that I wore Dior Homme (original)...but I do with Eau for Men. So yes...they are different, and wouldn't be redundant if someone who likes the original would like to consider adding this one as well.

    You were right to ask this, LJD....but members referring to it as smelling like a "woman's purse" are generally along the lines of what I would expect from many forum members about stuff like this. Ironically the same member who said he thinks it smells like a woman's purse mentioned that he thinks "the opening is ok" but doesn't like the rest...and the opening is the part that is more "heavy iris/women's lipsticky". That only lasts for a few minutes, though, and as it settles down, it smells much more masculine that the original, which he prefers. So go figure.

    Anyway....no "conspiracy theory" here....just a basic understanding of a solid business model. And understanding demographics and sales and what sells, and how businesses like to approach a particular market. And in America, Eau for Men will sell very well because of the type of clientele that they are trying to reach.

    And to answer your question regarding Dior Homme.....Dior Homme (the original) is not available in Macy's.....or Dillard's.....or Nordstrom.....or Saks Fifth Avenue....or really any of the major department store chains. Sephora and Neiman Marcus (and there are very few Neiman Marcus stores in the US) are about the only major retailers that carry it....so obviously, it's not a huge seller or in huge demand. Otherwise, they wouldn't risk missing out on making a buck.
    Last edited by SportsFan; 17th March 2014 at 01:19 PM.

  22. #292

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    To answer your question....generally speaking....Yes.

    There was a thread at Fragrantica where people were talking about "international TASTES" in fragrances....and the general consensus was that Europeans prefer more "smelly" things (and I don't mean that in a negative or insulting way) where as Americans prefer a more "clean" smell.

    Generally, the top sellers in America are going to be the "natural, clean smelling" types that are generally lighter, etc. In Europe, fragrances that are heavier (i.e. - with incense, oud, etc.) and a bit louder are generally going to be more popular. That was the consensus in that thread, and judging from several members here and at Fragrantica's responses (considering what they like, and where they're located) I would have to say that's pretty accurate.

    Also, if everyone is honest with themselves here.....they will have to admit that an overwhelming majority of male Basenotes members (and females as well, but we're talking about men here) have admitted on SEVERAL occasions....that they wear fragrances "FOR THEMSELVES ONLY". So.....taking that in to account...I would guess that the vast majority of men that are members here who wear fragrances don't even seek the approval of anyone else before they decide to buy what they wear. If anything, they may come to a forum like this and seek the approval of other men.....to see if it passes the "Is it OK?" test. Personally, I don't wear fragrances that other men approve of. I generally wear fragrances that women tend to like smelling on a man. And I'm not shy, so when I'm sampling a particular scent, I'll ask as many women as I can what they think of it. Women are pretty honest about this stuff...they'll flat out tell you if they don't like it. And I've had some tell me that they don't like Dior Homme original because they consider it to be a bit "feminine" smelling. And a lot of American women still prefer that a man smell like a man (more masculine). And in the case of Dior Homme Eau for Men...women that did not like Dior Homme (original), like this one. I never received random, unsolicited compliments from women the times that I wore Dior Homme (original)...but I do with Eau for Men. So yes...they are different, and wouldn't be redundant if someone who likes the original would like to consider adding this one as well.

    You were right to ask this, LJD....but members referring to it as smelling like a "woman's purse" are generally along the lines of what I would expect from many forum members about stuff like this. Ironically the same member who said he thinks it smells like a woman's purse mentioned that he thinks "the opening is ok" but doesn't like the rest...and the opening is the part that is more "heavy iris/women's lipsticky". That only lasts for a few minutes, though, and as it settles down, it smells much more masculine that the original, which he prefers. So go figure.

    Anyway....no "conspiracy theory" here....just a basic understanding of a solid business model. And understanding demographics and sales and what sells, and how businesses like to approach a particular market. And in America, Eau for Men will sell very well because of the type of clientele that they are trying to reach.

    And to answer your question regarding Dior Homme.....Dior Homme (the original) is not available in Macy's.....or Dillard's.....or Nordstrom.....or Saks Fifth Avenue....or really any of the major department store chains. Sephora and Neiman Marcus (and there are very few Neiman Marcus stores in the US) are about the only major retailers that carry it....so obviously, it's not a huge seller or in huge demand. Otherwise, they wouldn't risk missing out on making a buck.
    +1.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

  23. #293
    Super Member LJD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Carribean
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    SportsFan, Thank you so much for your elaborate and interesting answer !!!

    I will definitely look for the threads you're referring to, I am always interested to find out and learn more about cultural tastes differences...

    Obviously, I was not expecting the average Joe to have such an open mind when compared to a fragrance aficionado
    Still, a Basenoter living in the USA has to adapt (at least in social settings such as the working place,etc...).

    I had no idea you could not find Dior Homme in the major department store chains ! That alone says a lot...

    At the end of the day, I am glad they released DH Eau ...First, because it will definitely find a clientele ...it already has, according to the enthusiasm of some on the thread...it will make a lot of people happy...which is always good !

    Also, because I hope that for some, perhaps DH Eau will be the point of entry into Dior fragrances...and they just might get curious and try the other ones...

    Again, thank you !

    Regards,
    LJD

  24. #294
    Máscara Almizclado
    Arij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    1,795

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    This finally got released this week at The Bay in Canada. It's a crushing personal disappointment.

    (+) Excellent waifing projection. This projection will garner plenty of compliments, and I predict may compete with the best in that category in notoriety. This should be a mainstream hit. Dior quality ingredients.

    (-) Overly synthetic 1/3 Windex, 2/3 Nautica Voyage opening, with a dry down reminiscent of the ambient potpourri found at Sephora boutiques. Might be slightly cloying in humid weather due to projection performance (TBD).

    If your looking for a light summer cocoa in the same category/price-point, I prefer Armani Diamonds For Men ~ considering it's sparkling airy composition brings a little more character to the table, making it lighter for warmer weather.
    Last edited by Arij; 22nd March 2014 at 01:35 AM.
    Currently wearing: Philosykos by Diptyque

  25. #295

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Wore this today and enjoyed it a lot. I can still smell it over 12 hours later, and my wife complimented me on it. Great buy for me...others may hate it!
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

  26. #296

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    It's become my go-to work scent. I'll be buying a large back
    up as I'm already halfway through the 50 ml.

  27. #297
    Dependent canuck21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Arij View Post
    Dior quality ingredients.

    (-) Overly synthetic 1/3 Windex, 2/3 Nautica Voyage opening, with a dry down reminiscent of the ambient potpourri found at Sephora boutiques.
    Huh? Dior quality ingredients followed by overly synthetic? Which is it

  28. #298
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Arij View Post
    (-) Overly synthetic 1/3 Windex, 2/3 Nautica Voyage opening, with a dry down reminiscent of the ambient potpourri found at Sephora boutiques.
    Windex gets a lot of buzz on here - they need to do a sport version for auto glass!
    * * * *

  29. #299
    Dependent CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sai Gon, Vietnam
    Posts
    4,549

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Windex gets a lot of buzz on here - they need to do a sport version for auto glass!
    The sport Windex will clean glass in nano seconds

  30. #300

    Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Windex gets a lot of buzz on here - they need to do a sport version for auto glass!
    Sorry, but Safelite AutoGlass already sells their own glass cleaner.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

    Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018
    Currently wearing: Intoxicated by By Kilian

Similar Threads

  1. I dislike Dior Homme (Blastmaphy!), would I like Dior Homme Intense?
    By Neil4Speed in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 4th March 2014, 01:08 AM
  2. Honest Comparison of Dior Homme Vintage and Dior Homme Reformulation
    By shadow_shooter in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 17th March 2013, 11:05 AM
  3. Does Dior Homme Sports 2012 and Dior Homme Intense smell alike !
    By gouse_ustad in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th July 2012, 12:19 AM
  4. Dior Homme, Dior Homme Sport, Dior Homme Intense
    By b0n3z in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 21st February 2012, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000