Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

Shucks, no... Would be nice for a travel spray...
    Currently wearing: Odoon by Pekji

Quote Originally Posted by byandthrough View Post
    Picked up my bottle from Macy's and received this cool atomizer as a gift with it. Anyone else have a similar experience?
    Didn't get one either when I purchased it online weeks ago. Could be part of a new promotion they're having for the scent in certain markets.

(3935)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Very cool little atomizer. I did not get that from Macys online.

Looks like Eau is now being sold on Dior.com. Not sure if it was on there previously. This leads me to believe the exclusivity of Macy's is being opened up a bit? (I remember calling DH San Francisco a few weeks ago and them saying they didn't carry Eau, so I'm assuming Dior.com didn't sell it until just recently).

I am getting a lot of compliments wearing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I am getting a lot of compliments wearing this one.
    Same here.

I had an attractive young blond woman in her early 20's tell me I "smelled nice" when she was standing a few feet away from me in a store the other night. She and I and another woman were talking amongst ourselves, and she suddenly moves right next to me (within a foot) and said "You smell so good, I'm standing right here next to you".

So yeah....if you're a man and like women complimenting the way you smell, this is a good fragrance to check out. If you despise mainstream smelling scents and want something a bit more daring, bold and weird...then this one won't be for you.

Smell brighter and better than DHI. It's not as good as DHS. Somewhat generic to me.

Well, I finally gave this a full wearing today. As others have mentioned, it smells like a somewhat watered down version of DH with a quick blast of citrus at the top. I found it pleasant enough but it effectively became a skin scent in under two hours, and that was with 7 sprays. The weather is supposed to get into the low 80s by Thursday so I'll give it another go when it's warmer but for now, I'm thoroughly unimpressed.

byandthrough

I've been wearing this for the past few days, with at least one compliment each day and getting a solid 8+ hours out of it. I'm really, really enjoying this, all-around.

I plan on picking this up the first weekend of March.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I'd like to get a bottle of this but I'm in Canada and Macy's won't ship this to me, so what's my best bet?

Wearing this to work for the second day in a row and I've decided that it's a very good scent in that regard. Light and well put together, a classy clean. You could make the argument that it's boring, but if you don't need an adventure in every fragrance you wear, this could work for you. The ingredients are of a good quality. Longevity isn't great, but it's not terrible either. And the amber in the drydown, while light, smells really good.

No complaints here.

I've tested this out a few more times since my last post in this thread and unfortunately, I still don't get more than 2 hours out of this one. Unfortunately for me, this one belongs in the same category as Burberry London: A great scent with such poor longevity that it's not full bottle worthy.

I've had nothing but great longevity with this one. If you're spray on the neck, try spraying on the shirt also. I'm still loving this one!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I had surprisingly good longevity with this one the one time I wore it - 8 hours, I want to test more.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman
    Currently wearing: Bergamote 22 by Le Labo

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I've had nothing but great longevity with this one.
    Same here. Almost ridiculous(ly good) longevity, even from small amounts sprayed fairly conservatively. I find it to be pretty impressive, actually.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    Same here. Almost ridiculous(ly good) longevity, even from small amounts sprayed fairly conservatively. I find it to be pretty impressive, actually.
    Ditto, quite good longevity with the new Eau. 8+ hours consistently.

I've been on a Dior Homme kick this week, and have worn everything in the line at some point so far, except DHI, which I'll probably wear tomorrow with the cooler weather that's coming in. I'm really loving this week, I even found it in my heart to enjoy DHC after the gym last night.

I think DHE hangs right in there with the rest of the family, it's a quality frag. Kind of the "Bleu de Chanel" of the Dior Homme line, if you will. I heard that analogy from another poster and it totally makes sense to me. Whether that reference makes it a good frag or bad one depends on your perspective, but I think it's a vote of confidence.

I envy those that got good longevity out of this one! I mean, I got ok longevity, roughly 7 hours. But it went super flat on me after just 2 hours. Girlfriend loved the top of this one but I think I'm going to pass on this or maybe go back to Macy's for another test. I did like the Dior Homme w/ Fierce-Legend opening, just wasn't a fan of what followed.
    MadHat Scents

Skiff (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Embers - ONLY 135ml Left (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

Máscara Almizclado

Quote Originally Posted by rennavate View Post
    I'd like to get a bottle of this but I'm in Canada and Macy's won't ship this to me, so what's my best bet?
    Join the Canadian chump club?

Until it comes out here north of the border, I'm vicariously following this thread in anticipation. The rest of the DH line never really won me over completely, but all of these comparisons of Eau's accessibility akin to Bleu de Chanel has my attention. I sorely lack crowd pleasing summer scents in my collection & this Dior Homme seems to fit the bill.
    Last edited by Arij; 26th February 2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Currently wearing: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

I get sick longevity on this, and it was so strong that someone gave me a compliment on it 10 hours after application ... and then the following day because I had apparently put some inadvertently on my scarf. I have had two compliments thus far and I almost never get compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Arij View Post
    Join the Canadian chump club?

Until it comes out here north of the border, I'm vicariously following this thread in anticipation. The rest of the DH line never really won me over completely, but all of these comparisons of Eau's accessibility akin to Bleu de Chanel has my attention. I sorely lack crowd pleasing summer scents in my collection & this Dior Homme seems to fit the bill.
    I wonder if any Americans would be willing to help ship a bottle to us Canadians who want one.

What about eBay? I've seen some bottles on there.

Canadians- Dior.com now sells Eau. Maybe they will ship to Canada even though Macy's wont?

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Canadians- Dior.com now sells Eau. Maybe they will ship to Canada even though Macy's wont?
    I must be daft because I can't seem to find any online store portion of Dior's website. Could you link me to the page you're referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The very helpful guy at Macy's in Manhattan did not know whether Dior's website would launch it or how exclusive to Macy's it will remain - or at least he did not tell me.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Sport by Prada

Basenotes Plus

Hmm. Seems like most of you guys are getting good longevity....
    Okay. Back to Macy's for one more try.

I must be daft because I can't seem to find any online store portion of Dior's website. Could you link me to the page you're referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the Dior site when you look at the fragrance, it gives the option to buy, there is no official store section, just browse and voila you will see the size and "add to cart" option...You may need to use an actual computer though, not sure if the Dior Mobile site offers this option...

Quote Originally Posted by 601red View Post
    Hmm. Seems like most of you guys are getting good longevity....
    Okay. Back to Macy's for one more try.
    I think you can expect a minimum of 5 hours with this one. It seems like people are averaging about 6 or 7, with 2 to 3 solid hours of projection.

I wonder if any Americans would be willing to help ship a bottle to us Canadians who want one.
    There's a bottle on eBay right now for about $66 shipped to Canada.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dior-Homme-E...item4d1973a941

Finally tried it - pleasant enough lab experiment if you like that kind of thing. Harmless, I suppose, altho the synthetic nature of it grates with me a bit.

byandthrough

My nose may just be weird, but is anyone else getting a slight GPHii vibe from this? I've made the point before that there's something in the Dior Homme framework that reminds me of tea...and with DHE, I've been getting that along with a warm spice note in the mid that instantly made me think of GPHii's tea/cinnamon combo. Only slightly.

Anyway, just putting that out there. Still wearing this, still loving it, and still getting great performance with it.

Basenotes Plus

Maybe what you are picking up is the AF-Fierce/MB-Legend note that a few people have commented on? I get that a little bit as well, and it is a sort of sweeter, stronger version of the "tea" note in GpH II.
    Currently wearing: Odoon by Pekji