Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Dior Homme Eau for Men

The PR presentation is a prelude to a mix up of assorted aromachemicals... let's hope for the best... if you fellow B'noters get a whiff let us know...

Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

Mine is due to arrive early next week.

(2440)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Mine is due to arrive early next week.

(2440)
    have to write a review, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    have to write a review, then!
    I don't write profound reviews, but I promise to share my superficial impression

(2470)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I don't write profound reviews, but I promise to share my superficial impression

(2470)
    Hednic, my reviews and yours are equally profound. Which is to say, not very! But we do cut to the chase rather well.

Its much a do about nothing. Iris and some citrus, the sport and original are far better IMO.
    It seems the purpose of this fragrance was an excuse for Pattinson to do a photo shoot lol.

Blog Entries

LOL - I think there's some real truth to that, Vin. I feel like screaming "It's blue juice! What do we expect?"

I got a whiff from a magazine insert. It was a pretty good whiff, too - the juice is not wimpy. I'll go find my "paper review" - I stuck it on another thread. It's not like a real sample, but it was enough to know that I like it as much as the others.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/372...=1#post3025286
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 2nd January 2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: link added

I was expecting more Iris, it just seemed blah to me. Other might like it but still does not hold a candle to the original.

It's one of the most stupid names i have ever seem on flanker so far, but i'm in the hopes that Dior is bringing back the original Dior Homme Cologne formula under this name - not equal I know, but at least similar. The original Cologne variation was one of my favorites so far.

Looking forward to this one as I am a fan of Dior Homme and its flankers. Visited a bunch of stores locally a few days ago, nothing yet.. Hednic, please do share your take on it

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Visited a bunch of stores locally a few days ago, nothing yet..
    Just so you don't search in the wrong places, it will be a Macy's exclusive in the US.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/d...u%26slotId%3D2

Hopefully the in store availability function works well when they start showing up in stores.

Looking forward to this one as I am a fan of Dior Homme and its flankers. Visited a bunch of stores locally a few days ago, nothing yet.. Hednic, please do share your take on it
    Mine arrives on Tuesday according to UPS. Will give it my best shot.

(2585)

This might be over the top but the fate of Dior Homme Eau for Men rests in the delivery and review from hednic?
    hednic, kidding of course but yes really interested. Thanks in advance.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Smelled it on one of those magazine test strips, and seemed pleasant. It seemed like a cross between Dior Homme and Dior Homme Sport, and then smoothed out. (EG Iris with citrus as well). However, cannot tell for sure until I wear it for real as those magazine test strips tend to ruin the smell a bit and give it that famous "paper" note.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

A side by side comparison of DHEau and DHCologne would be very helpful (wink wink)

Quote Originally Posted by Next View Post
    This might be over the top but the fate of Dior Homme Eau for Men rests in the delivery and review from hednic?
    hednic, kidding of course but yes really interested. Thanks in advance.
    Hednic likes almost everything save for Tom Ford and Versace.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Hednic likes almost everything save for Tom Ford and Versace.
    If I recall, we can add Bond No9 to that list as well.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by thehighend View Post
    A side by side comparison of DHEau and DHCologne would be very helpful (wink wink)
    That would be very interesting.

Bla bla bla, no wonder is exclusive for macys . Is weak

Quote Originally Posted by Next View Post
    If I recall, we can add Bond No9 to that list as well.
    Yes lol. I am not a fan of Bond either.

Just got back from the local Macy's - on the off-chance that they would have it.

I asked the SA "Do you have the new Dior Homme Eau?"

She said "Dior?"
    I said "Yes"
    She walked around the counter, and asked what I thought was "Eau?"
    I smiled and said "Yes".

She pulled out a bottle of Fahrenheit 32 and sprayed it on a card. I guess we misunderstood each other. That worked out ok, since I never smelled that before. But anyway, I guess they don't have it.

After walking around and trying to smell some of the stuff there, I really do see why people call most designer fragrances "synthetic" and "generic" I walked away wondering why I was collecting fragrances. I am completely convinced now that you absolutely cannot evaluate a fragrance in a store like that. After getting home I smelled a few cards again - they smell much better at home away from the circulating concoction of fragrances in the air. A completely different experience. I now know why I didn't like Bleu de Chanel when I smelled it the 1st time - I was smelling it in a Macy's. I also understand why so many people have such polarized opinions of many of these designer fragrances. I think the opinions would be a bit better if all sampling were done far away from a counter.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Just got back from the local Macy's - on the off-chance that they would have it.

She said "Dior?"
    I said "Yes"
    I smiled and said "Yes".

She pulled out a bottle of Fahrenheit 32 and sprayed it on a card. I guess we misunderstood each other. That worked out ok, since I never smelled that before. But anyway, I guess they don't have it.

After walking around and trying to smell some of the stuff there, I really do see why people call most designer fragrances "synthetic" and "generic" I walked away wondering why I was collecting fragrances. I am completely convinced now that you absolutely cannot evaluate a fragrance in a store like that. After getting home I smelled a few cards again - they smell much better at home away from the circulating concoction of fragrances in the air. A completely different experience. I now know why I didn't like Bleu de Chanel when I smelled it the 1st time - I was smelling it in a Macy's. I also understand why so many people have such polarized opinions of many of these designer fragrances. I think the opinions would be a bit better if all sampling were done far away from a counter.
    ..and in absolute silence, dare I say!

Just got mine in the mail. Just sprayed it on back of my hand to give it a whiff. Smells nice for first impression. Need to give it an entire day's wearing. Will probably wear it tomorrow as I have already chosen something for today.

(2752)
    Last edited by hednic; 7th January 2014 at 03:04 PM.

She said "Dior?"
    I said "Yes"
    I smiled and said "Yes".

I always take my carded samples home with me.

One time, a Serge lutens SA threw all the cards in the trash after i tested about 5 scents from the export line (she thought i won't need them after i made my buy) . When i asked her if it's possible to take them out the trash, she was all apologetic and sprayed me 5 new ones to take with me.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I'm also curious about this one. I just might go over to Macy's today and see if they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    ..and in absolute silence, dare I say!
    Yes - hard to make a clear decision about something when a salesperson is staring at you or talking.

Just got mine in the mail. Just sprayed it on back of my hand to give it a whiff. Smells nice for first impression. Need to give it an entire day's wearing. Will probably wear it tomorrow as I have already chosen something for today.

(2752)
    Certainly let us know your thoughts tomorrow - I am going back and forth about blind buying this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    I always take my carded samples home with me.
    That's a good idea. Going to start doing that myself. It seems to be the only way to properly evaluate it.

The Macy's by me has it in (2 bottles left). I sprayed a card, at first I did not care for it, but after an hour now it's not too bad, might get it. I would still like to wear a sample. Citrusy, with a different after note I cannot place my finger on.

She said "Dior?"
    I said "Yes"
    I smiled and said "Yes".

That is what happens every time you ask for any frag at Macys, which I stopped doing years ago. I pull up a huge picture on my phone now and show it to them if I want to test anything.

Youre right about testing there also. Everything smells the same then after a while they all smell like nothing.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    That is what happens every time you ask for any frag at Macys, which I stopped doing years ago. I pull up a huge picture on my phone now and show it to them if I want to test anything.
    That's great idea. Maybe I'll go in this weekend, and just have my iPhone ready with a pic

This sounds like something I'd be interested in checking out.

Really want an opinion on this. Been very eager to try.

(2752)
    I'm excited to hear your opinion on this one hednic. Do keep us posted once you've given it a full wearing!

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    The Macy's by me has it in (2 bottles left). I sprayed a card, at first I did not care for it, but after an hour now it's not too bad, might get it. I would still like to wear a sample. Citrusy, with a different after note I cannot place my finger on.

Which Macy's would this be? I'm in Ogden and often go to the one in Layton.
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

Quote Originally Posted by ValyrianSteel View Post
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/d...u%26slotId%3D2

Hopefully the in store availability function works well when they start showing up in stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben850 View Post
    You can put in your zip code and check the ones near you through the above link.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I ordered it from Garrett in the Dior Boutique at the Palazzo in Las Vegas and he is sending me samples from La Collection Privee for free. Pretty excited to smell it because I'm a big fan of the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ben850 View Post
    The one in the Layton Mall

A quick search by zip code on Macys website suggests that its not available anywhere yet, not even NY Herald Square store, so it might be a while until the distribution catches up. Oh well.. I rarely buy fragrances as soon as they come out, but I might get this one. I figured it is a good idea to get stuff in the early stages of their campaigns, original formulas and all... Cause we all know how much Dior is into REformulations.. Hahah..

A quick search by zip code on Macys website suggests that its not available anywhere yet, not even NY Herald Square store, so it might be a while until the distribution catches up. Oh well.. I rarely buy fragrances as soon as they come out, but I might get this one. I figured it is a good idea to get stuff in the early stages of their campaigns, original formulas and all... Cause we all know how much Dior is into REformulations.. Hahah..
    The website is wrong, because yesterday I held the bottle in my hand and sprayed a card, and she told me she had 2 bottles left.

Just contacted The Herald Square Macys in NYC. The SA said they should have it in a week or so. Can be ordered through their website also.

She only had the 3.4 oz. bottles also, I think they were $84.

Wink Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

Maybe there are some delays as they are already reformulating the first batch...

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Maybe there are some delays as they are already reformulating the first batch...
    I know, right? Lmao..

I gave this a full wearing today. Put it on this morning and I can still faintly smell it approaching evening so on my skin longevity seems to be fine. Doesn't project as much as DH or DHI. You can tell that it's "kin" to the others that preceded it but different enough not to be confused with
    any of the others. I get the citrus opening, but it's light. There's something there in the opening that smells different but can't tell what it is. The iris is much meeker than in the predecessors while the dry down was a very pleasant woody end. is it some spectacular new revelation - no, but
    pleasant enough and I was satisfied for what I paid.

(2806)

I gave this a full wearing today. Put it on this morning and I can still faintly smell it approaching evening so on my skin longevity seems to be fine. Doesn't project as much as DH or DHI. You can tell that it's "kin" to the others that preceded it but different enough not to be confused with
    any of the others. I get the citrus opening, but it's light. There's something there in the opening that smells different but can't tell what it is. The iris is much meeker than in the predecessors while the dry down was a very pleasant woody end. is it some spectacular new revelation - no, but

(2806)
    Thanks for the feedback, hednic. At the very least, it sounds like it's worth testing.

(2806)
    Yes - thank's for sharing your thoughts. I will certainly need to give this one a try!

(2806)
    Thanks. Yeah, I could not also pick it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I could not also pick it out.
    Just happen to be looking at the notes on another site and saw there was coriander at the top, so maybe that's what neither one of us was able to get!

(2823)

meh

I got my bottle today and it's a great addition the the Homme collection. The grapefruit coriander combo in the top makes it a great fragrance for the gym bag. The iris middle and white cedar heart make it a decent office cologne. It would combine well with some of the deeper fragrances I wear out. All in all I like it, it's exactly what I want to wear on a Tuesday.

Where would this be available, if possible, to buy in the UK?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Aero90210 View Post
    Where would this be available, if possible, to buy in the UK?
    Great question. In the US, Macy's apparently has it exclusively for the moment, and I don't believe there are any Macy's (or affiliated stores?) in the UK. Or eBay/Amazon, from someone looking to hawk it at a stout markup.

Perhaps Dior has a different distribution agreement for the EuroZone, but the only option that sounds likely if you can't wait is to order it from Macy's in the US and ship it. Otherwise, if I understand correctly, the exclusive distribution is time-limited, and eventually other stores will carry it as well.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by GageVonderbuilt View Post
    I got my bottle today and it's a great addition the the Homme collection. The grapefruit coriander combo in the top makes it a great fragrance for the gym bag. The iris middle and white cedar heart make it a decent office cologne. It would combine well with some of the deeper fragrances I wear out. All in all I like it, it's exactly what I want to wear on a Tuesday.
    If you also have DHS, is it possible to draw any comparisons?

Quote Originally Posted by GageVonderbuilt View Post
    All in all I like it, it's exactly what I want to wear on a Tuesday.
    I'm all for Tuesdays for this one . . . no argument at all here

I had for gotten I tried it about a week ago.
    Unfortunately I sampled another scent on the other arm at the same time (I can't even remember what it was now) but 2 sprays and It was struggling to be noticed. against the other. I'll try it on it's own some other time and give it a proper chance but I have low expectations. Nothing memorable whatsoever.

Wearing it right now. Off the bat it's not very comparable to DHS original, DHC original or new DHC. At first it kinda reminded me of CAHSE, but just vaguely. It's got that so fresh and so clean vibe happening. Macy's had a tester bottle but none for sale. Chick told me it'd be a week or two before they had it in stock. Jury's out for me on this frag, I'd probably be better served by a back-up bottle of DHS but I have a Macy's gift card, so...

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Wearing it right now. Off the bat it's not very comparable to DHS original, DHC original or new DHC. At first it kinda reminded me of CAHSE, but just vaguely. It's got that so fresh and so clean vibe happening. Macy's had a tester bottle but none for sale. Chick told me it'd be a week or two before they had it in stock. Jury's out for me on this frag, I'd probably be better served by a back-up bottle of DHS but I have a Macy's gift card, so...
    Interesting feedback, thx for that.

Finally got to Macys and sprayed it on my hand.

Citruses were cranked up and it is a much fresher scent indeed. I kinda felt that DH series iris vibe in the beginning but it now has changed completely. It has now a kind of.. A&F FIERCE vibe to it, I kid you not. Actually, the iris is still there. Feels a bit more woodsier after a while too.. So cedar is definitely there.. I think that's all for now.
    Last edited by JimmyP; 11th January 2014 at 08:07 PM.

Just went back and smelled the cap and it is a LOT more like regular DH, so I must be a long way from drydown.

I like hednic's assessment. It's DH with less iris and musky overtones. Great!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?