Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Dior Homme Eau for Men

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Finally got to Macys and sprayed it on my hand.

Citruses were cranked up and it is a much fresher scent indeed. I kinda felt that DH series iris vibe in the beginning but it now has changed completely. It has now a kind of.. A&F FIERCE vibe to it, I kid you not. Actually, the iris is still there. Feels a bit more woodsier after a while too.. So cedar is definitely there.. I think that's all for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Just went back and smelled the cap and it is a LOT more like regular DH, so I must be a long way from drydown.
    Just tried this at Macy's today and this is probably closest to my experience. The opening smelled almost identical to DH to me, so much so that I had to check the bottle to make sure it was Eau. I'm only about an hour into it on skin, but the best way I can describe it is somewhere in between DH and DHS... and since I've seen this post, I do agree with the tiny bit of A&F Fierce/Mont Blanc Legend vibe in it... just a tiny bit though. Either way, smells good to me and I'll be picking up a full bottle with my gift card once it hits Sephora.

I just love this and haven't been this excited about a fragrance in a long time (have yet to sample Sugi, to be fair). Yes, in the dry down, there is some fierce going on. However, this fragrance is more complex, seductive, and has so much going on for it. Hope this one is here to stay.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Agree and hope so too.

(3087)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I just love this and haven't been this excited about a fragrance in a long time (have yet to sample Sugi, to be fair). Yes, in the dry down, there is some fierce going on. However, this fragrance is more complex, seductive, and has so much going on for it. Hope this one is here to stay.
    My sentiments exactly Plus my wife really enjoyed it, definitely will be getting a bottle once it actually hits the stores.

My Macy's just stocked it today. So happy to have it. Its like Dior Homme infused with Fierce. Thats the clean sexy musk I was picking up on. It has really transformed Dior Homme into something magical. Magnificent!!!

OK it's now been about 8 hrs since I did 1 spray on my left wrist... it's still very noticeable and I just got done with a 2 hr workout. On top of the performance, this stuff smells amazing! I was already sold before, but was planning on waiting until Sephora stocked it so I could use my gift card. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see when they're expecting to get it in... if it's much more than a month, I'm going back to Macy's this weekend to buy a bottle. It's that good.

Bought me a 50ml of this today, my initial impression of this when I first spray is this smells like fierce and something else, couldn't quite pin point what it is. I don't smell any iris on this at all, might just be my nose. Will give it a full wearing later today

Edit: So it's been about 4 hours and I like the dry down, very woody, I can now smell the iris, it's very light though but it's there. This is pretty much between dh and dhs, less sweet, more woody but not as citrusy
    Last edited by Romeo0119; 17th January 2014 at 10:30 PM.

Just when I thought : enough purchases for this month.... this thread comes up again......

My SA (which also happens to be an old friend of my family) knows what I have and what I like, because I do get all my designers from him.

So I called him now and I asked him if this is worth the dollars and worth to be part of my collection lol, he answered with an enthusiastic YES.

He's passing by tomorrow to let me sniff it.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Got mine today!!! They took the original DH and axe'd out the wood notes, and made it uber fresh while keeping the iris, but not making it too sweet like YSL Intense. Great job, another stunning 2014 release. I love it

Would this be considered a spring summer scent?

And just when I thought I wasn't going to purchase any colognes in the near future...
    DH infused with DHS and a hint of A&F Fierce? I hate you. All of you. Well, at least my wallet does.
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    OK it's now been about 8 hrs since I did 1 spray on my left wrist... it's still very noticeable and I just got done with a 2 hr workout. On top of the performance, this stuff smells amazing! I was already sold before, but was planning on waiting until Sephora stocked it so I could use my gift card. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see when they're expecting to get it in... if it's much more than a month, I'm going back to Macy's this weekend to buy a bottle. It's that good.
    By the way mjones, this is a Macy's exclusive fragrance, so better get it soon!
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Bought it at my local Macys today, and it's pretty good stuff. Not stellar, like the original DH, DHI, and DHC. But very good, far better than either "sport" version, and much better than the new cologne. It's DH top notes combined with some of the grapefruit notes from the new cologne version, with some random, modern, fresh effects blanketing the whole thing. Overall, starts promisingly, cruises into mid-notes admirably, but flirts dangerously with modern fresh effects after that. A good buy for DH completists. All others: better give it a test wearing or two first. Most likely you'll like it, but it's simply nowhere near the rarified realm of original DH, DHI, and DHC.

Quote Originally Posted by expressway View Post
    By the way mjones, this is a Macy's exclusive fragrance, so better get it soon!
    Yeah, I know it's a Macy's exclusive, but I thought that just meant they get first release? Thanks for reminding me... time to call Sephora.

edit: just got off the phone with my local Sephora and then Sephora corporate... neither one had any info on IF/when they were going to get it. They said it would have to be after Dior's contract ended with Macy's, but have no idea how long that is (3 months, 6 months, a year, etc). Guess I'll be getting this at Macy's.
    Last edited by mjones602; 18th January 2014 at 12:59 AM.

Default Dior Homme Eau for Men

Sampled tonight at Macy's on a strip. The SA handed me several sample vials to take with me.

Was impressed by what I got off the strip... for about 10 mins. I got a lighter version of the familiar DH iris and some freshy stuff.

Then, not so much. Started turning very generic and flat from there on out. Not very happy about that. At least on a strip.

To be fair, that's not a very realistic test, so I'll make use of the 3 samples. That should be plenty to determine how it'll do in real wear scenarios.

Jury is still out for me, but I'm holding out hope. It seems neither a DH clone nor one of DHS. It's still better than the miserable 2013 reform of DHC, in my opinion.

Will post more later.

Yeah, I know it's a Macy's exclusive, but I thought that just meant they get first release? Thanks for reminding me... time to call Sephora.

edit: just got off the phone with my local Sephora and then Sephora corporate... neither one had any info on IF/when they were going to get it. They said it would have to be after Dior's contract ended with Macy's, but have no idea how long that is (3 months, 6 months, a year, etc). Guess I'll be getting this at Macy's.
    When Nordstrom had the exclusive on Hanae Mori HiM, I'm pretty sure they had it for a year before it started showing up elsewhere in the U.S. But, yeah, there's no way to know what kind of exclusivity deal Macy's signed.

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Sampled tonight at Macy's on a strip. The SA handed me several sample vials to take with me.

Was impressed by what I got off the strip... for about 10 mins. I got a lighter version of the familiar DH iris and some freshy stuff.

Then, not so much. Started turning very generic and flat from there on out. Not very happy about that. At least on a strip.
    I got my nose on this one today too, and it seemed pretty generic after the opening faded. I'm surprised nobody is mentioning the similarity to YSL l'homme. I'm talking about an hour or two into it and beyond. Initially, it's clearly part of the Dior Homme line, but after a while, I don't get much similarity.

For me, this is definitely a pass.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel
    I'm surprised nobody is mentioning the similarity to YSL l'homme. I'm talking about an hour or two into it and beyond. Initially, it's clearly part of the Dior Homme line, but after a while, I don't get much similarity.
    You know, you're kind of right. It's similar to L'Homme after the first few mins.

In that vein, I would consider L'Homme to be superior.

I hope I get a little something more in full wearings.

Blog Entries

My Macy's just stocked it today. So happy to have it. Its like Dior Homme infused with Fierce. Thats the clean sexy musk I was picking up on. It has really transformed Dior Homme into something magical. Magnificent!!!
    Yes - I think that Fierce was the scent I was grasping for, when trying to figure out what they had crossed Dior Homme with.

I think the choice of a Macy's exclusive was good for both Macy's and Dior. I sometimes get the impression that Dior Homme just isn't mainstream enough for Macy's, and Macy's isn't optimal for much of Dior's line, which feels more at home in Saks. So this is a good place for them to meet.

I'll be getting it, but this juice has to get in line after Fahrenheit Absolute. Saving endangered Diors is what I'm all about right now.

Basenotes Junkie

Picked up a big bottle of this juice. For me this works really well and I am planning to be wearing this a lot in warmer weather. I love the fact that it has the fierce vibe, yet it is different enough in its own right and people wont know what it is. Fierce is just too well known to be worn anymore, regardless of how much I love it, but this one might be just the ticket!!

Got a free sample at Macy's today.

Blind bought it today from Macys.com, though I might regret it.
    I'm a sucker for the Dior Homme line, what can I say.

I own DH old and new, DHI new, DHS old and new, and DHC new.
    Love DH and DHI, can't stand DHS and DHC that I own.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Blind bought it today from Macys.com, though I might regret it.
    I'm a sucker for the Dior Homme line, what can I say.
    I did the same thing, fingers crossed!

I own 2005 DH and 2007 DHI - haven't smelled any of the sport or cologne flankers. I think this might be good for warmer weather, but obviously won't know for sure until I get my schnoz on it!
    I smell marshmallows!

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    ... and?
    And will wear it next week.

Gotta love that name - dior HOMME eau for MEN.

So, like, it's not for women? Whew, close call. Wouldn't have known that otherwise. Glad they told me twice.

Maybe they should have named it dior HOMME eau for MEN with PENISES just to make sure no women pick this up. Can't be too careful about these things.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 19th January 2014 at 12:21 AM.

CologneFan85

I have the 2013 dior homme cologne and like it...I need to try this one.

Sampled this today at Macy's. I really got that lipstick vibe from DH in the top notes, and after a few hours it just dried down to a less mellow version of it. Maybe it was the cold weather here today in northern IN, but either way, I might have to wait till summer to give this one another try. I hear a lot of people talking about Fierce mixed with DH, but I'm just not picking that up right now. I would rather have Dior Homme Sport atm. And definitely DHI and DH

Sampled this at Macy's today. Definitely picked up that signature (though somewhat subdued) DH iris at the top, which held on for about 10 minutes before it faded. Immediately after that, it started to remind me, strangely enough of the Pure Malt dry down...specifically, about 2.5-3 hours into PM's dry down. That similarity stuck with me for another hour and half or two before I started picking up on the similarity to Fierce.

I'm ambivalent about this one at the moment but will definitely sample a few more times before deciding to buy (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yes - I think that Fierce was the scent I was grasping for, when trying to figure out what they had crossed Dior Homme with.

I think the choice of a Macy's exclusive was good for both Macy's and Dior. I sometimes get the impression that Dior Homme just isn't mainstream enough for Macy's, and Macy's isn't optimal for much of Dior's line, which feels more at home in Saks. So this is a good place for them to meet.

I'll be getting it, but this juice has to get in line after Fahrenheit Absolute. Saving endangered Diors is what I'm all about right now.
    Deviating from topic, but Fahrenheit Absolute rawks.

Makes sense that they would make it smell like Fierce since Mont Blanc Legend did that and is now a huge moneymaker. Please tell me that it doesnt share anything with YSL LHomme Libre. That "plastic wood" note that I first smelled in Libre seems to be in every new "fresh" frag lately. Varvatos Acqua is the latest. Ruined.

Most Macys seems to have only Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit Aqua while Sephora has those plus the Homme line and Eau Sauvage line. I always wondered why since DH seems like it would be a huge seller at Macys. Then again it seems like Macys stocks a few brand new frags that they push very heavily for a short time then then theyre gone and they have a base of frags that are always there. Like the Polo line, Aramis, AdG.... Stuff that is purchased by guys who only wear one frag and go in to buy it and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Sampled this at Macy's today. Definitely picked up that signature (though somewhat subdued) DH iris at the top, which held on for about 10 minutes before it faded. Immediately after that, it started to remind me, strangely enough of the Pure Malt dry down...specifically, about 2.5-3 hours into PM's dry down. That similarity stuck with me for another hour and half or two before I started picking up on the similarity to Fierce.

I'm ambivalent about this one at the moment but will definitely sample a few more times before deciding to buy (or not).
    Funny that you say that because I actually had pure malt on my left wrist and DH Eau for Men on the other wrist and they were clearly two very different fragrances, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by expressway View Post
    Funny that you say that because I actually had pure malt on my left wrist and DH Eau for Men on the other wrist and they were clearly two very different fragrances, at least to me.
    They're mostly very different to me as well, except for that 1-2 hour window when the Dior takes on that almost plastic-y sweet dry down that Pure Malt smells like on my skin about 3 hours in. I'm curious to see how my read on the Dior changes after 2-3 more testing days.

I dunno about you guys but I get no woods from this at all...
    I get the iris and freshness from DH combined with maybe 1 Million or YSL L'homme...Not even in the drydown.
    Perfect office scent, and perfect "girlfriend" scent, as in there is no girlfriend out there in the world who would NOT like this one.
    Also as to the sweetness -- it IS sweet, but only a tiny tiny bit, I feel it is more fresh than sweet. And for me, this is a good thing. I have enough sweet fragrances (YSL, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Gotta love that name - dior HOMME eau for MEN.

So, like, it's not for women? Whew, close call. Wouldn't have known that otherwise. Glad they told me twice.

Maybe they should have named it dior HOMME eau for MEN with PENISES just to make sure no women pick this up. Can't be too careful about these things.
    I see your point, but this redundancy in naming is most likely for the average joes. Most non-BN guys probably don't even realize Dior has a men's line (even if they recognize Fahrenheit, they may not know it as Dior), and they most certainly don't know what HOMME means. For example, one of my buddies who is a 2-3 cologne guy, recently asked me what I was wearing bc it smelled good. I told him Bleu de Chanel. His response? 'Chanel? Dude, you're wearing a chicks perfume?' I'm guessing this would be the same association a lot of guys would make with Dior. You have to remember - these companies are not marketing towards BN'ers.

Basenotes Junkie

I see your point, but this redundancy in naming is most likely for the average joes. Most non-BN guys probably don't even realize Dior has a men's line (even if they recognize Fahrenheit, they may not know it as Dior), and they most certainly don't know what HOMME means. For example, one of my buddies who is a 2-3 cologne guy, recently asked me what I was wearing bc it smelled good. I told him Bleu de Chanel. His response? 'Chanel? Dude, you're wearing a chicks perfume?' I'm guessing this would be the same association a lot of guys would make with Dior. You have to remember - these companies are not marketing towards BN'ers.
    Right on the money )

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Perfect office scent, and perfect "girlfriend" scent, as in there is no girlfriend out there in the world who would NOT like this one.
    Also as to the sweetness -- it IS sweet, but only a tiny tiny bit, I feel it is more fresh than sweet. And for me, this is a good thing. I have enough sweet fragrances (YSL, etc.).
    Agree completely that it's a great office scent and very pleasant. I prefer DH EDT vintage and DHI over this, but this one is good and a keeper. I do not like DHS or DHC new as a point of reference.

Ordered mine blind from Macys website and very happy with the purchase.

I picked up a bottle yesterday after wearing it for a couple of hours.

Yes, I just love this one to bits. Stunning and polished from top to bottom.

I may pick this one up in the Spring. Y'all make it sound so nice.

It's a winner for sure. I was very disappointed with new DHS and new DHC, and bought blind hoping it was closer to DH. It's like neither - but smells really good! I am so happy Dior has another winner in the DH franchise.

It's a winner for sure. I was very disappointed with new DHS and new DHC, and bought blind hoping it was closer to DH. It's like neither - but smells really good! I am so happy Dior has another winner in the DH franchise.
    I was also pleasantly surprised at how different in a good way, it was from others in the line.
    (3368)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I've gotten 2 wearings in from the generous samples the Macy's SA gave me a week ago. Honestly... it wears really nicely. It's been exceptionally cold here in Houston, like all over the US I guess, and this isn't probably the optimal weather for this fragrance. However, having worn it to work both times, I have to say that I'm starting to lean in a favorable direction on this one.

Its a level less formal than DH, probably making it more wearable across multiple scenarios. However, it's definitely a level of dressy above DHS, making it nice enough for date night.

One of my biggest questions - obviously apart from "does it smell nice" - was whether this one had an actual place in a very good, very crowded lineup. I think it actually may.

I'm predicting that once my samples are all gone, I'll end up with a FB of this one.

I put on my jacket today and I was catching wafts where I had worn this days ago. It still smelled so nice. Very happy with this acquisition.

I put on my jacket today and I was catching wafts where I had worn this days ago. It still smelled so nice. Very happy with this acquisition.
    I've also experienced surprisingly good longevity during my 3 test wearings from the samples a Macy's SA gave me, and the test strip I sprayed from a tester like 10 days ago STILL has a distinctly noticeable and beautiful aroma of the drydown. I could easily imagine this hanging around in clothes for a similarly long period.

It still has a period when its transitioning from the opening to the heart notes where it comes off pretty generic and mainstream. However, as I wear it a little more, I'm picking up some subtleties at that point that I hadn't noticed in my first testing.

The best part of this frag to me is all in the drydown. The opening is very good, but of course is already familiar to any Dior Homme fan so it's nothing new. The heart seems a little "meh", although I'm starting to appreciate it a tad more. I think this tuning of the heart may reflect a desire on the part of Dior to make this one a bit more appealing to the masses of men seeking a sophisticated scent, but not quite ready to flaunt Iris and Cocoa.

It really begins to percolate starting about 2hrs into the wearing and that stage just goes on forever - over the course of my test wearings, it's gone all day and well into the evening, no problem.

I'm coming around to this one. At a minimum, its quite wearable and I can maintain the continuity in my Dior Homme collection by filling this gap. On the potential upside, this will continue to wear better in the warmer weather and become part of my regular rotation. It's been unseasonably cold in Houston lately, but it's still wearing well. I have a suspicion Eau will get better as things warm up, or at least that's what I'm hanging my hopes on.

Bottles finally showed up on the shelves at one of the Macy's in town today, and I snapped up a 100ml FB on the spot. We'll see if it can take a spot next to Dior Homme and DHI, but even if it falls a bit short of those high-water marks, there's still room for it to be judged a success.

Finally made it to Macys today to test. Very nice fragrance. Its basically DH without the patchouli/vanilla and mixed with Fierce/Legend. Without the heavier notes that are in regular DH the iris on top is very soapy and clean in this one. Big winner.

It doesn't make sense that Dior is copying Fierce. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the original Fierce. But Fierce gets bashed to death and this is suddenly a big winner. Why do people care about the brand names?
    Last edited by Suppressor; 26th January 2014 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    It doesn't make sense that Dior is copying Fierce. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the original Fierce. But Fierce gets bashed to death and this is suddenly a big winner. Why do people care about the brand names?
    I don't think anyone cares about the brand names. I've always liked fierce and it was the progenitor of it's kind. Dior Homme I've always liked as well. For some reason, marrying the two works. Who knew? I guess Dior did. Follow your nose.

I like Fierce/Mont Blanc Legend. They smell absolutely the same to me. Curve is great too.
    It makes sense that Dior is copying it because MB Legend has been a gigantic best seller the last 2 years. The combo of the natural iris and whatever fresh chemicals that make Legend smell so good works great. I do think that if it gets compared to Fierce a lot or it becomes popular then you will see lots of auto/pre-hate. To be expected on basenotes though.

Dior wanted to play it safe and create a big compliment getter. Of course, the name that came up was Fierce. But they can't identically clone it like Mont Blanc did. So what did they do? They mixed Olivier Polge's Dior Homme with Christophe Laudamiel and Bruno Jovanovic's Fierce, and Francois Demachy is putting his name on it as the creator. That is laughable for a brand like Dior. So now the A&F haters who bash the living hell out of Fierce will go gaga over this Eau For Men.

To make things worse, Dior will be selling this in huge amounts all over Europe. Here in Europe, wearing Fierce is very unique since most people have never smelled it and I'm getting crazy compliments and reactions. So now my secret aroma will be exposed and everyone will smell like it! LOL! Thanks for spoiling my fun, Dior!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Finally made it to Macys today to test. Very nice fragrance. Its basically DH without the patchouli/vanilla and mixed with Fierce/Legend. Without the heavier notes that are in regular DH the iris on top is very soapy and clean in this one. Big winner.
    You don't impress easily, heperd. I like that you're still getting the iris, too. I couldn't be sure of that just from the magazine insert, and I need the iris for this to be a winner for me.

Looks like a trip to Macy's needs to happen!!!

If Dior started selling jeans and tops the same way A&F does, and hosed them down with DHE, I'll bet they'd start getting hate, too!

I don't think anyone cares about the brand names. I've always liked fierce and it was the progenitor of it's kind. Dior Homme I've always liked as well. For some reason, marrying the two works. Who knew? I guess Dior did. Follow your nose.
    I almost wonder if somebody layered the darn things.

More seriously, I think Dior decided that they needed to do what Chanel did with Bleu - create a distinctive but predictable mainstream flanker in their cash cow line, but try to differentiate it a lot and market heavily to get a higher return. Chanel popped Bleu completely out of the Allure Homme line, even though it clearly could have fallen in it, while Dior kept Eau in the Dior Homme line, to let it appropriate all the good things that DH could bring, and to avoid the risks that a Curve/Fierce/Legend "me too" might take, without the reputation protection of the DH line.

Bleu de Dior!

I like Fierce/Mont Blanc Legend. They smell absolutely the same to me. Curve is great too.
    It makes sense that Dior is copying it because MB Legend has been a gigantic best seller the last 2 years. The combo of the natural iris and whatever fresh chemicals that make Legend smell so good works great. I do think that if it gets compared to Fierce a lot or it becomes popular then you will see lots of auto/pre-hate. To be expected on basenotes though.
    Couldn't agree more - including the end note. However, maybe the hate should get walked back to the respect that Fierce and Curve actually deserve. Imitation.... flattery.... maybe at last some respect.

Dior wanted to play it safe and create a big compliment getter. Of course, the name that came up was Fierce. But they can't identically clone it like Mont Blanc did. So what did they do? They mixed Olivier Polge's Dior Homme with Christophe Laudamiel and Bruno Jovanovic's Fierce, and Francois Demachy is putting his name on it as the creator. That is laughable for a brand like Dior. So now the A&F haters who bash the living hell out of Fierce will go gaga over this Eau For Men.

To make things worse, Dior will be selling this in huge amounts all over Europe. Here in Europe, wearing Fierce is very unique since most people have never smelled it and I'm getting crazy compliments and reactions. So now my secret aroma will be exposed and everyone will smell like it! LOL! Thanks for spoiling my fun, Dior!
    C'est le parfum!

We have some other mall fragrances over here that are actually very deserving. And there is always BBW and C.O. Bigelow. Of course, I think a lot of the fragrances themselves were done by French perfumers or people trained in France, but that secret won't get much further than Basenotes.

Wait, have you actually smelled this yet? I think this Fierce/Legend thing is starting to get a bit overblown on here... imo it's got a TINY bit of it, but it's still unmistakably from the Dior Homme DNA and much more of an in-between of DH/DHS. Nobody who smells this on you is going to mistake it for Fierce.

Dior comes up with a good scent and the backlash begins lol.

byandthrough

Just got back from Macy's with a couple sprays of this on. I am really, really pleased with how this is developing on my skin. I am a fan of the Dior Homme line, so I didn't think this one would be too much of a slouch. Though the original is my favorite, it's still a risky wear in normal situations where people are not used to a more cosmopolitan/metrosexual/possibly unisex type fragrance. I feel like this achieves the DH DNA, with some alterations that make it generally appealing. I don't think you can deny the Fierce vibe that is going on in this, but in my opinion it smells way more refined, way more sensual, and there is more in it to like and appreciate. As has been commented, it does remind of the Bleu de Chanel type of crossover appeal. Just enough to hook the average Joe, but it doesn't dumb things down. Kind of like an accessible Coen Bros movie.

Anyway, for me...it's an A+. Definitely bottle worthy, and would be the easiest to wear in the entire DH line. I think there is more going on here than just the generalized criticism of Dior just moving a few notes around to make money. This has a gorgeous cool type of freshness that somehow goes well with Dior Homme's warm, spicy and floral framework. Well played move by Demachy. The performance on it is great so far. I like that the Dior Homme line (with the exception of DHI, of course) aren't beastly, "SMEEELLLLL MEEEEEE!!!!!" attention getters that make you a walking bug bomb. I like wearing something that is subtle but smart. And I think this fits the bill nicely.

Wait, have you actually smelled this yet? I think this Fierce/Legend thing is starting to get a bit overblown on here... imo it's got a TINY bit of it, but it's still unmistakably from the Dior Homme DNA and much more of an in-between of DH/DHS. Nobody who smells this on you is going to mistake it for Fierce.
    This is true. It is not overpowering like Fierce and there will not be a cloud of scent surrounding you wherever you go. I think everyone is just mentioning it because of how noticeable the similarity is. It is mixed with the lipstick iris so the Fierce chemicals are very much softened.

It's great stuff, and I'm glad it's slightly different from what might be expected. Def worth a bottle purchase, or decant at least . I'm seeing more of a DH / DHS combo than any " fierce " reference. But hey that's just my nose.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Blog Entries

Dior comes up with a good scent and the backlash begins lol.
    LOL! Dior Homme walks on water around here. Even if this one ends up being denounced by the critics, I think the cult following it has found during launch will butterfly into a hype hurricane shortly!

This is true. It is not overpowering like Fierce and there will not be a cloud of scent surrounding you wherever you go. I think everyone is just mentioning it because of how noticeable the similarity is. It is mixed with the lipstick iris so the Fierce chemicals are very much softened.
    That's a good point - restraint. This one really has it. And yet there is excellent longevity, too. But there is clearly something completely new to the DH lineup being brought into this fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    It's great stuff, and I'm glad it's slightly different from what might be expected. Def worth a bottle purchase, or decant at least . I'm seeing more of a DH / DHS combo than any " fierce " reference. But hey that's just my nose.
    I agree - it seems like a definite DH cousin, more than anything else. I think the balance between old and new is pretty brilliant.

Home now with a big bottle of it , and several sprays from the tester. Plenty of bottles
    here at macys south coast plaza. Enjoying it . Same price as online macys site. $84 .
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    Home now with a big bottle of it , and several sprays from the tester. Plenty of bottles
    here at macys south coast plaza. Enjoying it . Same price as online macys site. $84 .
    Congratulations! How do you think it will do in summer heat of 80-100 degrees F.? I'm assuming OK, but I just want to be positive before I jump....

Congratulations! How do you think it will do in summer heat of 80-100 degrees F.? I'm assuming OK, but I just want to be positive before I jump....
    Would be fine in that weather... I'd wear it in any season personally.