Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Memoir Man in terms of projection, longevity and complements

Hello All,

I would be grateful if you could give your experience with Memoir Man in terms of projection, longevity and any complements while wearing it.

Thanks in advance.

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Amouage Memoir Man in terms of projection, longevity and complements

Projection: Moderate, polite enough to wear to work, not to be confused with "skin scent" though
    Longevity: Excellent, I get 8+ hrs consistently
    Complements: It'll get noticed, as it's "different", but I don't think I've ever been complimented it, its more a "me" fragrance than anything

Default Re: Amouage Memoir Man in terms of projection, longevity and complements

Projection - strong for first 2 hrs, then becomes quiet; still a strong enough skin scent / within a feet distance...

longevity - 12+hrs

compliments - yes, if someone smells in the first 2-3 hrs or if they come real close to you - if they do they will be impressed by this parfum.

Projection on me is weak
    Longevity is okay not the best from Amouage
    I feel its a pretty safe scent and could see it getting compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Projection: Moderate, polite enough to wear to work, not to be confused with "skin scent" though
    Complements: It'll get noticed, as it's "different", but I don't think I've ever been complimented it, its more a "me" fragrance than anything
    This. Projection is decent, but not stellar. It's a scent that I can smell on myself throughout the day, but not sure how much others can smell it. I get around 8 hours of longevity.

Projection: Great to average
    Longevity: Excellent!

Scent: Absolutely fantastic!

Have only tried this twice and longevity and projection were above average for me.

(2455)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Projection is decent, but not overwhelming
    Longevity is usually around 10 hours on me
    I've had several people tell me it's nice...my wife loves it.

It's one of my favorites.

I purchased a bottle last week. Been wearing it daily. Projection is only good for me fir about 1-2 hrs. It doesn't get away from me much. Stays close. It's the type of scent it is that does this imo. It's a dark minty/leathery scent. After 2 hrs this one gets really close to my skin. Projection may be like 1 ft like others said. Up close and personal type scent. This is in pretty cold and dry climate. Good for the office.

However amouage atomizer sucks sultan hooha. Bad...3sprays? Forget about it. 2 sprays from an amouage bottle is about 1 from most others. It's downright awful. I put 2 on each side of my neck for a total of 4. 2 in hair...and 1 on each wrist. 8 sprays total and it still barely gets away from me.

Longevity is decent. I don't smell it on myself during the day much but occasionally when I move I get a whiff of it. Or I leave and come back to my area later and can faintly smell the smallest trace if it. Performance for me with this is is almost identical with bois D'Argent by dior. It seems to have that airy quality to it like bd does.

I love the opening though.

Basenotes Plus

Projection; great first 2 hours
    Longevity; aprrox. 8 to 10 hours
    Compliments; zero

I've always felt this one makes its presence known well enough. Not brash and huge, no, but certainly noticeable for the full wear. To the point where I've received several compliments on it when worn to work (so it's certainly more than a "skin scent" on me). It also lasts more than 12 hours for me (but I always spray at least on my chest under a shirt or two, which prolongs everything). Memoir Man is fascinating, at turns sweet and creamy, then fresh, then ashy, dark, brooding. A full bottle is on my short list.

Basenotes Junkie

Lasts a fairly long time on me - probably around 12 hours. Projection is average, I guess. And yeah - Amouage sprayers are pretty bad, at least I feel like that. I even feel sprayers like Diors are better, for some reason. Can't remember if my Fate Man is any better - at least that bottle's got a magnetic cap which is pretty sexy. Heh

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Lasts a fairly long time on me - probably around 12 hours. Projection is average, I guess. And yeah - Amouage sprayers are pretty bad, at least I feel like that. I even feel sprayers like Diors are better, for some reason. Can't remember if my Fate Man is any better - at least that bottle's got a magnetic cap which is pretty sexy. Heh
    So you bought the 100 ml ;-) -the 50 ml doesnt have the magnetic cap :-(

Projection is good for me, but not aggressive.
    Longevity is very good, 12+ hours.
    My girlfriend loves it!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Basenotes Junkie

Oslo-Fjord : I kind of caught a lucky break when my parents went to the Maldives or something like that right before Christmas. I explicitly told them I wanted Fate Man for Christmas, and that I really wanted a 100 ml due to the difficulty just getting a hold of the thing. I also told them I would gladly cover the extras if they found it too expensive. They somehow caved in and I got a huge, shiny reflective bottle.

Can't say I'm regretting it - got enough to last me now, and yeah - that magnetic cap is feeling pretty damn good. I'm actually really happy they did it, but it's a shame they didn't do it on the 50 ml as well. The tactile feedback when you uncap the bottle is great - and I really hope all Amouage fragrances will get their magnetic cap later on. Feels really good.
    Last edited by hreple; 3rd February 2014 at 09:34 PM.

Projection - Huge. This wore really loudly on me.

Longevity - Huge. 12+ hours easily on skin, and it always lasted days on the shirt I'd worn.

Compliments - Hit or miss but mostly miss. It was very polarizing. Memoir Man wasn't a safe pick for me at all - not that I was looking for one. I love Amouage and I know better than to expect safe from them. I expect complexity and superb quality. Memoir delivered in that regard... but in the end, Memoir wasn't for me.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 4th February 2014 at 09:20 PM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    First response pretty much nailed it. I did receive one compliment with this but wouldn't say its a frequent compliment getter.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by Oud&Musk View Post
    .........I would be grateful if you could give your experience with Memoir Man in terms of......complements......
    "Compliments"