Code of Conduct

Default A scent you don't really care for anymore, but keep it because of the scent memory?

Hi guys, do you guys keep a scent for Nostalgia sake? Something that you don't really care for the scent, but love the memories it brings back when you put on the scent.

For me it has to be 212 men by carolina herrera. I used to wear it through middle school and high school. I remember wearing this scent the day I got accepted into college and celebrating with my Dad. I wear it when I feel home sick. What about yall?

Default Re: A scent you don't really care for anymore, but keep it because of the scent memory?

I wore Colors by Benetton during college and whilst traveling abroad and have fond memories of the scent. I keep a bottle that I don't wear anymore just for nostalgia.

Default Re: A scent you don't really care for anymore, but keep it because of the scent memory?

Chanel Pour Monsieur. Gucci Nobile. I wear each a few times a year, just for the memories.

Banned
    Blog Entries

JPG Le Male
    ADG
    In my mid 20's nothing was better!!

2000 For Men by Melfleurs. Indifferent about it now.

(2449)
    Last edited by hednic; 1st January 2014 at 08:38 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Sonia Rykiel Homme
    D&G Pour Homme

Both remind me of high school in the late 90s but can't really wear either anymore. Every now and then i'll take a whiff but haven't been tempted to wear in quite a long time.

Michael Jordan Original. Wore it all through high school.

Blog Entries

Gucci Envy, Opium ​both are icons of the 1980's. They are very keen 'scent memory' triggers but they have a curious cloying effect which I can't tolerate anymore. I save them for when I want to remember how good I looked in shoulder pads.
    Last edited by kumquat; 1st January 2014 at 08:43 PM.

Preferred Stock- Senior prom and winter formal
    Drakkar Noir- First two years of college
    Aventus- When I had family problems at home, told my then gf that i was seeking help for depression and she broke up with me (all in a span of 3 weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Preferred Stock- Senior prom and winter formal
    Drakkar Noir- First two years of college
    Aventus- When I had family problems at home, told my then gf that i was seeking help for depression and she broke up with me (all in a span of 3 weeks)
    Be glad you're free of that judgmental witch. Life will be better.

Neroli Sauvage - used to love the scent, reminds me of my moving day from Charleston, SC when my father came down and requested that I move closer to my mother since he had found out he had months to live. Out of respect, I dropped my career, moved what I could to remote contract but I've kept my word for 7 years now.

I recently replaced the bottle, all to keep that memory of my strong father humbly asking me to take care of my mother.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Be glad you're free of that judgmental witch. Life will be better.
    Thank you. It's been almost 2 yrs now. I'm glad to be out of that relationship. Turns out she was seeing a guy and was going to break up with me but I told her about the therapy so she stayed for a week and then decided to leave. The only shitty part is that she and I are part of a small friend circle of 4 so for the rest of my life I will see her at our friends' weddings/family funerals, etc. I've come to accept that. But my friends have always told me that they were on my side the entire time (they didn't speak to her for months and talked me through it all) so it's ok. I've moved onto bigger and better things (moving to Chicago for grad school helped) so life's good

Most of the fragrances I own/keep are both linked with pleasant memories but also openly, specifically liked by me. So, I guess both factors play an important part and so far, most fragrances I owned/purchased managed to successfully combine these two aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Thank you. It's been almost 2 yrs now. I'm glad to be out of that relationship. Turns out she was seeing a guy and was going to break up with me but I told her about the therapy so she stayed for a week and then decided to leave. The only shitty part is that she and I are part of a small friend circle of 4 so for the rest of my life I will see her at our friends' weddings/family funerals, etc. I've come to accept that. But my friends have always told me that they were on my side the entire time (they didn't speak to her for months and talked me through it all) so it's ok. I've moved onto bigger and better things (moving to Chicago for grad school helped) so life's good
    That's good to know. Carry on, bro.

Tabac (edc + aftershave) but I actually still like it, though don't use it that often anymore as some years ago.
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Still can't let go of my beloved Lacoste Pour Homme. It accompanied me to Atlanta to visit an old girlfriend and she just LOVED it! I don't wear it much at all anymore but I still love to sniff it for the memories.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Bergamote 22/Verdon Au Toilette.

Versace L'Homme. Once great, now an oily also ran
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

i remember this being pretty popular when i was a kid.

Polo Sport. Had a lot of fun times clubbing and going to parties wearing this classic. That was the scent of choice for me at the time.