Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Montale "Middle East" new releases and thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by coolink View Post
    Do you think its more wearable than Black Aoud?
    I own both and have no problem wearing either, but I'd probably say that Mr. Aoud is more versatile for daily wear. Is there a particular issue you have wearing Black Aoud?

(2695)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Not At all. I like Black Aoud. But want something more versatile. Could you describe a little more about it?

Not At all. I like Black Aoud. But want something more versatile. Could you describe a little more about it?
    I'm not the best one to give a detailed analysis. It kind of opens with a citrusy, grapefruit transitioning into a lavender, absinthe blend and finally drying down to a musk amber oud combo. Does that make any sense? Does that help a little?

(2698)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Yeah, that helped... Thanks.. I'll wait for some more input about it...

Yeah, that helped... Thanks.. I'll wait for some more input about it...
    You're quite welcome. Good luck!

(2700)

Have you tried Montale Aoud Ever? Is it similar to Mr.Aoud?

Did not see those last week at Al Jazeera in Dubai,U.A.E. They might have been released either in Kuwait or Qatar.

Al Jazeera is the Durrani Montales not the Atmeh ones

Have you tried Montale Aoud Ever? Is it similar to Mr.Aoud?
    I own Aoud Ever. Not the same as Mr. Aoud.

(2717)
    Last edited by hednic; 6th January 2014 at 08:09 PM.

Which one do you prefer? Ever or Mr?

Which one do you prefer? Ever or Mr?
    Mr. Aoud

(2724)

I am sure they will come out with Dr. Aoud.

Too bad it is impossible to get samples of this

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I am sure they will come out with Dr. Aoud.
    In the US it will have to be sold as Dr Aoud (without the .) because it's not a real doctor... ask Dr Pepper.

I find this all very confusing, the split I mean.

But, I tried a new bottle of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie from Parfum1 and as far as I could tell, it smells the same as the sample vial I got from Lucky Scent several years ago. Anyone comment on this?
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Its probably old stock. The new Cuir d'Arabie is considerably weaker than the Vendome bottle I have or the retail bottles prior the closure of the Vendome store.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleb View Post
    Did not see those last week at Al Jazeera in Dubai,U.A.E. They might have been released either in Kuwait or Qatar.
    Forgot to note that Al Jazeera calls them Tanelli instead of Montale in the UAE only.

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    In the US it will have to be sold as Dr Aoud (without the .) because it's not a real doctor... ask Dr Pepper.

I find this all very confusing, the split I mean.

But, I tried a new bottle of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie from Parfum1 and as far as I could tell, it smells the same as the sample vial I got from Lucky Scent several years ago. Anyone comment on this?
    I personally haven't noticed the differences that others claim to notice. Not saying that there aren't any. Just that they aren't apparent to me. Parfum1 and other authorized Montale dealers regularly replenish their stock from their distributor Euro Perfumes. I would find it odd that they would still have a great deal of old stock from pre-Vendome closure on hand.

(2729)

Thanks for the input, vinramani and hednic.

Older pics on the intarwebs show Cuir d'Arabie in a silver/grey bottle, where the newer pics and the bottle I have are a dark metallic brown, which would seem to support this being a current bottling.

OTOH, based on things I've read about other reformulations, bottle changes don't necessarily coincide with formula changes.

So it remains somewhat a mystery.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

All i know is the difference is considerable. Hednic is very lenient when it comes to scent differences. In any case if you enjoy the fragrance thats what counts.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/344...e-watered-down

All i know is the difference is considerable. Hednic is very lenient when it comes to scent differences. In any case if you enjoy the fragrance thats what counts.

Vin, how'd you come by your acquisition of Kabul Aoud? I noticed you mentioned it earlier. I had to have mine brought to me.

(2743)

Thanks for the link. If it is only a difference in concentration, then it may be that when I sprayed from the new (presumably less concentrated) bottle, I got more juice than when I dabbed on from my sample vial of the old formula. In any case, the scent seems the same (and I do like it very much).

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    Not sure if you are joking,but not it wouldn't have to be spelt without a period and the period definitely was only removed for stylistic and legibility reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by yteek View Post
    Not sure if you are joking,but not it wouldn't have to be spelt without a period and the period definitely was only removed for stylistic and legibility reasoning.
    I was told by a person affiliated with the account that it was removed on the insistence of their (Dr Pepper/Snapple group) legal department, but it's hearsay so I won't insist. I do like to joke about it, though, and I love the ad campaign with Dr. J, Dr. Dre, et. al., and Michael Strahan (trust me, I've sent people to the doctor).

And I'd love to see a Dr. Aoud, and it would be even better if it had a note that smelled like Dr Pepper. For the record.

Anyone tried the Aoud FEVER?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Vin, how'd you come by your acquisition of Kabul Aoud? I noticed you mentioned it earlier. I had to have mine brought to me.

(2743)
    Friend got it from Paris Gallery in Jeddah.

Friend got it from Paris Gallery in Jeddah.
    Figured as much. Still on the hunt for a retailer that carries the newest ones and is capable of shipping to the States.

(2797)
    Last edited by hednic; 8th January 2014 at 07:05 PM.

I had email mohsen but no response , did he respond to you ?

Figured as much. Still on the hunt for a retailer that carries the newest ones and is capable of shipping to the States.

(2797)
    My guess is that Universal Perfumes will sooner or later carry all those new releases, as he is known to carry other middle east exclusives in the past (St dupont Oud & Rose for example).
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    My guess is that Universal Perfumes will sooner or later carry all those new releases, as he is known to carry other middle east exclusives in the past (St dupont Oud & Rose for example).
    No, Mohsen e-mailed me that as it pertains to Montale, he won't be carrying them as regular offerings on his website. He said that he has two stores he deals with that have Montales - one that has all the Atmeh ones (Middle East Exclusives) from which he can special order from for customers but that he will assume no responsibility or accept no return on these if the customer is not happy as he received many complaints from customers saying they were fake and he didn't want to further damage his reputation or deal with the hassle. The other vendor he deals with apparently carries the Durranis which he said he will continue to stock. He also mentioned to me that it is his understanding and I quote him here - " If the box has bar code on the bottom back , that means they are fake. The original Montale they don't come with bar code." i don't know how much credence I put into what he said, but those are his words.

(2799)
    Last edited by hednic; 8th January 2014 at 07:28 PM.

No, Mohsen e-mailed me that as it pertains to Montale, he won't be carrying them as regular offerings on his website. He said that he has two stores he deals with that have Montales - one that has all the Atmeh ones (Middle East Exclusives) from which he can special order from for customers but that he will assume no responsibility or accept no return on these if the customer is not happy as he received many complaints from customers saying they were fake and he didn't want to further damage his reputation or deal with the hassle. The other vendor he deals with apparently carries the Durranis which he said he will continue to stock. He also mentioned to me that it is his understanding and I quote him here - " If the box has bar code on the bottom back , that means they are fake. The original Montale they don't come with bar code." i don't know how much credence I put into what he said, but those are his words.

(2799)
    So all Atmeh are fake ? or a third party is faking them ?
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès