Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Montale "Middle East" new releases and thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by coolink View Post
    Do you think its more wearable than Black Aoud?
    I own both and have no problem wearing either, but I'd probably say that Mr. Aoud is more versatile for daily wear. Is there a particular issue you have wearing Black Aoud?

(2695)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Not At all. I like Black Aoud. But want something more versatile. Could you describe a little more about it?

Not At all. I like Black Aoud. But want something more versatile. Could you describe a little more about it?
    I'm not the best one to give a detailed analysis. It kind of opens with a citrusy, grapefruit transitioning into a lavender, absinthe blend and finally drying down to a musk amber oud combo. Does that make any sense? Does that help a little?

(2698)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that helped... Thanks.. I'll wait for some more input about it...

Yeah, that helped... Thanks.. I'll wait for some more input about it...
    You're quite welcome. Good luck!

(2700)

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Montale Aoud Ever? Is it similar to Mr.Aoud?

Post Thanks / Like

Did not see those last week at Al Jazeera in Dubai,U.A.E. They might have been released either in Kuwait or Qatar.

Al Jazeera is the Durrani Montales not the Atmeh ones

Have you tried Montale Aoud Ever? Is it similar to Mr.Aoud?
    I own Aoud Ever. Not the same as Mr. Aoud.

(2717)
    Last edited by hednic; 6th January 2014 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Which one do you prefer? Ever or Mr?

Which one do you prefer? Ever or Mr?
    Mr. Aoud

(2724)

I am sure they will come out with Dr. Aoud.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad it is impossible to get samples of this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I am sure they will come out with Dr. Aoud.
    In the US it will have to be sold as Dr Aoud (without the .) because it's not a real doctor... ask Dr Pepper.

I find this all very confusing, the split I mean.

But, I tried a new bottle of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie from Parfum1 and as far as I could tell, it smells the same as the sample vial I got from Lucky Scent several years ago. Anyone comment on this?
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Its probably old stock. The new Cuir d'Arabie is considerably weaker than the Vendome bottle I have or the retail bottles prior the closure of the Vendome store.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taleb View Post
    Did not see those last week at Al Jazeera in Dubai,U.A.E. They might have been released either in Kuwait or Qatar.
    Forgot to note that Al Jazeera calls them Tanelli instead of Montale in the UAE only.

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    In the US it will have to be sold as Dr Aoud (without the .) because it's not a real doctor... ask Dr Pepper.

I find this all very confusing, the split I mean.

But, I tried a new bottle of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie from Parfum1 and as far as I could tell, it smells the same as the sample vial I got from Lucky Scent several years ago. Anyone comment on this?
    I personally haven't noticed the differences that others claim to notice. Not saying that there aren't any. Just that they aren't apparent to me. Parfum1 and other authorized Montale dealers regularly replenish their stock from their distributor Euro Perfumes. I would find it odd that they would still have a great deal of old stock from pre-Vendome closure on hand.

(2729)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, vinramani and hednic.

Older pics on the intarwebs show Cuir d'Arabie in a silver/grey bottle, where the newer pics and the bottle I have are a dark metallic brown, which would seem to support this being a current bottling.

OTOH, based on things I've read about other reformulations, bottle changes don't necessarily coincide with formula changes.

So it remains somewhat a mystery.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

All i know is the difference is considerable. Hednic is very lenient when it comes to scent differences. In any case if you enjoy the fragrance thats what counts.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/344...e-watered-down

All i know is the difference is considerable. Hednic is very lenient when it comes to scent differences. In any case if you enjoy the fragrance thats what counts.

Vin, how'd you come by your acquisition of Kabul Aoud? I noticed you mentioned it earlier. I had to have mine brought to me.

(2743)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link. If it is only a difference in concentration, then it may be that when I sprayed from the new (presumably less concentrated) bottle, I got more juice than when I dabbed on from my sample vial of the old formula. In any case, the scent seems the same (and I do like it very much).

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you are joking,but not it wouldn't have to be spelt without a period and the period definitely was only removed for stylistic and legibility reasoning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yteek View Post
    Not sure if you are joking,but not it wouldn't have to be spelt without a period and the period definitely was only removed for stylistic and legibility reasoning.
    I was told by a person affiliated with the account that it was removed on the insistence of their (Dr Pepper/Snapple group) legal department, but it's hearsay so I won't insist. I do like to joke about it, though, and I love the ad campaign with Dr. J, Dr. Dre, et. al., and Michael Strahan (trust me, I've sent people to the doctor).

And I'd love to see a Dr. Aoud, and it would be even better if it had a note that smelled like Dr Pepper. For the record.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried the Aoud FEVER?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Vin, how'd you come by your acquisition of Kabul Aoud? I noticed you mentioned it earlier. I had to have mine brought to me.

(2743)
    Friend got it from Paris Gallery in Jeddah.

Friend got it from Paris Gallery in Jeddah.
    Figured as much. Still on the hunt for a retailer that carries the newest ones and is capable of shipping to the States.

(2797)
    Last edited by hednic; 8th January 2014 at 07:05 PM.

I had email mohsen but no response , did he respond to you ?

Figured as much. Still on the hunt for a retailer that carries the newest ones and is capable of shipping to the States.

(2797)
    My guess is that Universal Perfumes will sooner or later carry all those new releases, as he is known to carry other middle east exclusives in the past (St dupont Oud & Rose for example).
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    My guess is that Universal Perfumes will sooner or later carry all those new releases, as he is known to carry other middle east exclusives in the past (St dupont Oud & Rose for example).
    No, Mohsen e-mailed me that as it pertains to Montale, he won't be carrying them as regular offerings on his website. He said that he has two stores he deals with that have Montales - one that has all the Atmeh ones (Middle East Exclusives) from which he can special order from for customers but that he will assume no responsibility or accept no return on these if the customer is not happy as he received many complaints from customers saying they were fake and he didn't want to further damage his reputation or deal with the hassle. The other vendor he deals with apparently carries the Durranis which he said he will continue to stock. He also mentioned to me that it is his understanding and I quote him here - " If the box has bar code on the bottom back , that means they are fake. The original Montale they don't come with bar code." i don't know how much credence I put into what he said, but those are his words.

(2799)
    Last edited by hednic; 8th January 2014 at 07:28 PM.

No, Mohsen e-mailed me that as it pertains to Montale, he won't be carrying them as regular offerings on his website. He said that he has two stores he deals with that have Montales - one that has all the Atmeh ones (Middle East Exclusives) from which he can special order from for customers but that he will assume no responsibility or accept no return on these if the customer is not happy as he received many complaints from customers saying they were fake and he didn't want to further damage his reputation or deal with the hassle. The other vendor he deals with apparently carries the Durranis which he said he will continue to stock. He also mentioned to me that it is his understanding and I quote him here - " If the box has bar code on the bottom back , that means they are fake. The original Montale they don't come with bar code." i don't know how much credence I put into what he said, but those are his words.

(2799)
    So all Atmeh are fake ? or a third party is faking them ?
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic, but is there a link to something that explains what happened to Montale and why there appear to be two Montales now?

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

There are recent threads, plus at least one in the Huddler archive.
    Google search should turn them up.

I think he's probably just caught up in the confusion of the competing companies and has been swayed and pressured one way by one of his vendors. As I don't keep boxes I can't check what he has said to see if there is a discrepancy. And even if there is, how can I be sure he knows that to be a fact or proof that they are not legitimate?

(2802)

Gonna have to investigate this once and for all on my next visit to the store that carries them. Too bad i just recently decided to keep all my new purchases boxless and throw the boxes away.

I think he's probably just caught up in the confusion of the competing companies and has been swayed and pressured one way by one of his vendors. As I don't keep boxes I can't check what he has said to see if there is a discrepancy. And even if there is, how can I be sure he knows that to be a fact or proof that they are not legitimate?

(2802)
    I have a feeling it's a fabricated story from Durrani to keep him away from stocking Atmeh (not throwing accusations, just a thought). But i can tell you that the packaging, presentation, smell, projection and longevity of all those new releases is nothing short of spectacular.

Too bad i threw those boxes though , now i'm curious. You never know !

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked my boxes of Aoud Legacy, Mr. Aoud and Cashmeer Wood, all of them have bar code on the bottom back.lol
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    Just checked my boxes of Aoud Legacy, Mr. Aoud and Cashmeer Wood, all of them have bar code on the bottom back.lol
    Do you have an app on your phone for barcode scanning ? scan it see what happens lol

Do you have an app on your phone for barcode scanning ? scan it see what happens lol
    Well, at least what Mohsen said about there being a discrepancy in what's on the packaging seems to be true. Now what does it actually mean?!!

(2804)

Well, at least what Mohsen said about there being a discrepancy in what's on the packaging seems to be true. Now what does it actually mean?!!

(2804)
    I have no idea Hednic. But if per say all Atmeh's releases happen to have a barcode, that makes them fake ? I don't think so ( unless some of them do and some of them don't , which is what i think Mohsen is referring to ).

Like i said, i'll investigate all this **** on my next visit to the store

Thanks. I await the result of your investigation

(2808)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Black Aoud is almost unwearable

I have no idea Hednic. But if per say all Atmeh's releases happen to have a barcode, that makes them fake ? I don't think so ( unless some of them do and some of them don't , which is what i think Mohsen is referring to ).
    I could almost swear that my Aoud Meloki and Aoud & Pine did not have a bar code. Noggs, I believe wore Aoud & Pine as his SOTD yesterday or the day before yesterday. If, he still has the box, I'd love to hear what he has to say regarding his.
    (2815)

Hednic, since you seem to be the man who has tried most of these recent Montale releases which are exclusive to the middle east, I was wondering if you could help me decide which would suit me best or even describe what you get from each? As a background, I love Black Aoud and Aoud Lime, however I find the likes of Dark Aoud mediocre and can't stand Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. Contemplating Aoud and Pine but Aoud Meloki also sounds amazing!
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

I think the Atmeh Montales are more focussed and not as repetitive as the Durrani Montales.

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    Hednic, since you seem to be the man who has tried most of these recent Montale releases which are exclusive to the middle east, I was wondering if you could help me decide which would suit me best or even describe what you get from each? As a background, I love Black Aoud and Aoud Lime, however I find the likes of Dark Aoud mediocre and can't stand Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. Contemplating Aoud and Pine but Aoud Meloki also sounds amazing!
    Aoud & Pine is one I really like which is described as: containing pepper and red apple as top note followed by lily of the valley, rose and neroli as mid note, ending up with white musk, aoud, amber, vetiver and pine as bottom note. This is worlds away from the two you're not hot on but doesn't smell like Black Aoud or Aoud Lime either. The pine and vetiver are more prominent IMO than the oud which seems to take a back seat even though it's in the name. I found the non citrus fruit opening refreshing as a change. Kabul Aoud is another nice one to consider IMO. It's described as containing myrrh, cedar and thyme as top note followed by labdanum, patchouli, melilot and coffee as mid note, ending up with guaiac wood as bottom note. Again, if you are familiar with Montales that appear in Western markets, I think you would be surprised that this is a Montale that comes across so different from what many others smell like. Finally, Aoud Meloki is described as containing
    top notes of caramel and cedar, middle notes of amber and sandalwood and base notes of vanilla, white musk and agarwood (oud). Aoud Meloki is the sweetest of the three IMO but not sickeningly and I think that's because of the woody notes and the more prominent oud in the dry down. I haven't tried Aoud Heritage, Aoud Samarkand or Aoud Mayyas yet but have begun to make personal business contacts abroad to try to get a hold of these. Hope the above was some help to you, and good luck!

(2817)

Post Thanks / Like

I will check my boxes after I get home from the office and report back later today.

I have two of the Atmeh ones, Kabul Aoud and Aoud and Pine.
    Last edited by noggs; 9th January 2014 at 04:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The back of my Aoud Cuir d'Arabie box has the 10 Pl Vendome address. Does this mean it's old stock? Or do the new boxes also say this?

The back of my Aoud Cuir d'Arabie box has the 10 Pl Vendome address. Does this mean it's old stock? Or do the new boxes also say this?
    Don't know what the 10 means. 10 Place Vendome is Patek Philippe. Their former Paris boutique was at 26 Place Vendome. That's the one I was at several times before it closed.

(2839)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hednic. How odd. Conspiracy theorists, rejoice! Patek Philippe is bootlegging Montale out the back door!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hednic. How odd. Conspiracy theorists, rejoice! Patek Philippe is bootlegging Montale out the back door!
    It's a lot easier to sell a $100 frag than a $20,000 watch!

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish they would sell the 50 ml bottles again. I have no use for 100 ml of any Montale in my lifetime.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I just wish they would sell the 50 ml bottles again. I have no use for 100 ml of any Montale in my lifetime.
    I think Basenoter "PalmBeach" mentioned in a thread (can't find it now) that in his area, a few of the retailers have a large supply of
    50ml Montales which I found surprising. Perhaps they're only distributing that size to a certain geographical market?

(2856)

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    I've got aoud meloki and aoud and pine,I personally find aoud meloki, almost identical to 24 gold and aoud and pine very very similar to thierry muglar pure shot(but that's just my opinion, you might find it different)

Post Thanks / Like

Both of my Atmeh Montales (Kabul Aoud and Aoud and Pine) have the bar code at the bottom rear of the box. The Durrani Montales do not.

I'm sure that this talk of bar codes/fakes was just a Durrani vendor pushing the Durrani Montales over the Atmeh Montales.

The laywers/authorities fouled this one up. No way both should be allowed to use the same name, logo, and packaging in the same markets.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

I'm sure that this talk of bar codes/fakes was just a Durrani vendor pushing the Durrani Montales over the Atmeh Montales.
    I think you're right because the Montale distributor in Kuwait that Mohsen deals with is Al-Jazeera perfumes and they distribute only
    the Durrani Montales.

(2872)

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

The laywers/authorities fouled this one up. No way both should be allowed to use the same name, logo, and packaging in the same markets.
    I agree

Post Thanks / Like

I think Basenoter "PalmBeach" mentioned in a thread (can't find it now) that in his area, a few of the retailers have a large supply of
    50ml Montales which I found surprising. Perhaps they're only distributing that size to a certain geographical market?

(2856)
    Thanks Hednic. They might be older stock, as I asked Montale on their Facebook page if they were intending to sell those again and they replied saying not for the moment.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Thanks Hednic. They might be older stock, as I asked Montale on their Facebook page if they were intending to sell those again and they replied saying not for the moment.
    That seems pretty straightforward. Thanks for the update.

(2880)

Post Thanks / Like

This is some confusing frustrating bullshit. So the Montale sold in the US by Parfum1, MinNewyork, or even small retailers like Parfums De France (Hednic...chime in for me), are they Real or Fake? Are they the good juice or bad jucie. Montale, Taneli, Mancera, Atmeh, Durrani....wtf???

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

always different, always the same!