Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Montale "Middle East" new releases and thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    This is some confusing frustrating bullshit. So the Montale sold in the US by Parfum1, MinNewyork, or even small retailers like Parfums De France (Hednic...chime in for me), are they Real or Fake? Are they the good juice or bad jucie. Montale, Taneli, Mancera, Atmeh, Durrani....wtf???

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    This is my understanding - the Montales sold by Parfum1, MiN New York, The Perfumeshoppe, Lilydirect, Parfums de France and perhaps others are supplied by Euro Perfumes, the sole authorized distributor for Montales in the US. These Montales that are distributed by Euro Perfumes to retailers are the "Durrani Montales" They are indeed real. As for being good or or bad, that depends on each person's individual opinion. The Atmeh Montales or "Middle East" Montales, have no US distributor or US outlet which is why they can't be found easily in the US. I believe they're also real - just another parallel Montale company using the same bottles, packaging etc. due to the legal dispute between the two individuals. Again as far as being good or bad, I think it depends on each person's individual opinion. As has previously been mentioned by Noggs, in the Middle East market, the Atmeh Montales cannot duplicate the same fragrance name as the Durrani Montales existing side by side and therefore had to be marketed under the brand of Tanelli. It's also my understanding that Mancera was created as an offshoot company, also started by Durrani meant to produce a higher quality consumer product with a tighter distribution than the Durrani Montales worldwide. Now, I can be completely wrong with what I just stated, but that is my best understanding of this mess.

(2881)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you Hednic

I'm very interested in the Mayyas. My local niche perfume place has Montale's... I'll inquire if they got any of the new lineup!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This is my understanding - the Montales sold by Parfum1, MiN New York, The Perfumeshoppe, Lilydirect, Parfums de France and perhaps others are supplied by Euro Perfumes, the sole authorized distributor for Montales in the US. These Montales that are distributed by Euro Perfumes to retailers are the "Durrani Montales" They are indeed real. As for being good or or bad, that depends on each person's individual opinion. The Atmeh Montales or "Middle East" Montales, have no US distributor or US outlet which is why they can't be found easily in the US. I believe they're also real - just another parallel Montale company using the same bottles, packaging etc. due to the legal dispute between the two individuals. Again as far as being good or bad, I think it depends on each person's individual opinion. As has previously been mentioned by Noggs, in the Middle East market, the Atmeh Montales cannot duplicate the same fragrance name as the Durrani Montales existing side by side and therefore had to be marketed under the brand of Tanelli. It's also my understanding that Mancera was created as an offshoot company, also started by Durrani meant to produce a higher quality consumer product with a tighter distribution than the Durrani Montales worldwide. Now, I can be completely wrong with what I just stated, but that is my best understanding of this mess.

(2881)
    Thank you so much for this! I was just about to ask someone to post a straightforward summation of what we think we know, and this basically covers everything. I'm still pretty interested in several Mancera and Atmeh Montale's, but this whole situation gives me a bit of pause.

I think what Hednic said makes perfect sense and is accurate. I say this based upon the fact that I've purchased 3 Montale and 1 Mancera this year. The quality and performance where there with all 4 products. Nothing appeared watered down. I purchased mine from a niche retailer in the DC area.

Do you think Aoud Meloki smells similar to Xerjoff mamluk?

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    I think what Hednic said makes perfect sense and is accurate. I say this based upon the fact that I've purchased 3 Montale and 1 Mancera this year. The quality and performance where there with all 4 products. Nothing appeared watered down. I purchased mine from a niche retailer in the DC area.

I imagine your purchase must have been from Parfums de France in Tysons Corner. Sammy, the owner, only carries the Durrani Montales and now carries the entire Mancera line.

(2895)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I imagine your purchase must have been from Parfums de France in Tysons Corner. Sammy, the owner, only carries the Durrani Montales and now carries the entire Mancera line.

(2895)
    Yep. I've had great dealings with Sammy.

I'm planning to visit that same boutique on Wednesday. I'll take pictures of all the new releases this time and post them here, as i remember the SA pointing me to two more "brand new" releases that i didn't get to try.

I'll also try to get as much info as i can on the marketing map of all those Atmeh releases. Hopefully the SA will have some answers.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

That would be very kind of you and most appreciated.

I've just noticed recently that a couple of local shops that have carried the Montale line for years, and have carried both the Durrani and the Atmeh lines recently, have now stopped carrying the Atmeh line. I don't know if this is due to some kind of legal pressure, poor sales, or what. The Atmeh Montales are still available in some shops, but in shops which do not carry the Durrani ones.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I've just noticed recently that a couple of local shops that have carried the Montale line for years, and have carried both the Durrani and the Atmeh lines recently, have now stopped carrying the Atmeh line. I don't know if this is due to some kind of legal pressure, poor sales, or what. The Atmeh Montales are still available in some shops, but in shops which do not carry the Durrani ones.
    The mall boutique i go to used to carry both. Now i think they carry just the Atmeh. I will look closely on Wednesday.

I actually remember asking about Intense Cafe in the summer, and the SA said " we don't carry that , the company is actually changing owners". So that makes think that Atmeh took over that boutique....
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 13th January 2014 at 07:17 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I love Montale but am finding this whole situation to be a royal mess. Two lines of fragrances wifh the same damned label, different distribution channels and areas of distribution and only god knows what other complications. Transparency is a good thing for the consumer but is not a requirement for me if I like a scent, and I have never slammed Montal, but I have had it! Seperate the two lines! Disolve the company. Do something to give us confidence that the product we buy is consistant. Not being able to get certain scents in the US and only in the Middle East and getting sub-par quality in the US is BS. Lots of people slam Bond because of the owners politics, but this situation is so totally unacceptable that I may never buy another Montale again....at least until I know that I can get the product I want, know that its quality is up to par. There are several I want but the troubles I need to go through to get them is ridiculous. I'm done. My quest for Bruckner Oud 1 is frustrating but it is only availabe from Bruckner in Germany and eventually I will find a way. With Montale I just don't know. Epic fail. I'm done with them. (Sorry for the rant.)
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    I'm planning to visit that same boutique on Wednesday. I'll take pictures of all the new releases this time and post them here, as i remember the SA pointing me to two more "brand new" releases that i didn't get to try.

I'll also try to get as much info as i can on the marketing map of all those Atmeh releases. Hopefully the SA will have some answers.
    That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    That would seem to make sense to me.

(2987)

Update : Please note that i also updated my original post with new pictures and more accurate info about the notes of all the new releases.

I went today to the store and took pictures of all the new releases. There was another new one called Aoud Fever (see below). I also asked the SA some questions.

- Availability : She said sooner or later those releases will get to Dubai and the rest of the middle east. It just happens that some countries/stores receive releases before others and their store got those first this time.

- .Bar Code: All of them have bar codes on the back. The debate if Atmeh's are real or not is irrelevant as Noggs pointed out earlier in his post.

So i guess patience is the key, as i think all those releases will eventually make their way to Paris galley or other stores.

Updated info and pictures below :

- Aoud Mayyas: Mouthwatering orange and cedar. Absolutely beautiful. Think of it as a much better constructed Chanel Allure Homme sport.

- Aoud Samarkand : An addictive combo of Lemon, Musk and Geranium. I couldn't stop sniffing my arm.

- Aoud & Pine : Red apple, pepper, rose, neroli, lily of the valley, pine, aoud, amber, vetiver, musk

- Mr Aoud :
    Very nice soft oriental and smells very unique

- Aoud Legacy
    : Citron, Nutmeg, Saffron .

- Aoud Heritage : Deer Musk, Ambergris, Vanilla

- Aoud Fever : Mandarin Orange, Jasmine, Amber, Vanilla

Last edited by tdwctdwc; 19th January 2014 at 07:59 AM.

Thank you for the pictures. Four of them will stay on my radar!

(3051)

Keep posting

Hednic you should become a Atmeh Montale distrubutor , you will get the releases before anyone this way.

They must have repackaged Aoud & Pine as my bottle is a very different color than the one pictured a few posts above. (mine is silver-blue like Dallas Cowboys colors)

(3057)

you mean steel blue

I sent mr Atmeh a message on his personal facebook account, asking him about the availability of all his line in the US. I also told him that nothing on his site is working.

Here's for hoping he will reply lol.

So far, my message is still listed as 'sent' and not 'seen'.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    you mean steel blue
    Correct

I sent mr Atmeh a message on his personal facebook account, asking him about the availability of all his line in the US. I also told him that nothing on his site is working.

Here's for hoping he will reply lol.

So far, my message is still listed as 'sent' and not 'seen'.
    Would be very interested if he replies. There's always hoping.

(3068)

They must have repackaged Aoud & Pine as my bottle is a very different color than the one pictured a few posts above. (mine is silver-blue like Dallas Cowboys
    I got mine just recently and it looks like yours. I haven't seen any locally in the bright blue packaging.

It appears that they are moving towards more eye-catching colors.

Their Facebook page indicates that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    Their Facebook page indicates that.
    Noticed that also.

(3073)

I went today to the store and took pictures of all the new releases. There was another new one called Aoud Fever (see below). I also asked the SA some questions.
    Do you happen to know or remember the name of the store in that mall in Beirut where you purchased or tried all those latest release Montales?

(3500)

Do you happen to know or remember the name of the store in that mall in Beirut where you purchased or tried all those latest release Montales?

(3500)
    Abc Mall in Dbaye. 1st ground floor. It's called 'Beauty and cosmetics' floor. The Montale boutique/corner is first from left. Asking around will point you to them anyway. SAs are always helpful there if you need directions to a certain brand boutique.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

I guess someone in the middle east purchased the equipment for making the Montale bottles and now they are cranking out fragrances as fast as they can make up names.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Abc Mall in Dbaye. 1st ground floor. It's called 'Beauty and cosmetics' floor. The Montale boutique/corner is first from left. Asking around will point you to them anyway. SAs are always helpful there if you need directions to a certain brand boutique. Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    Thanks for the info. I have a business associate who is traveling to Beirut in early February and I have asked him to do me a favor and purchase the new ones for me.

(3501)

Thanks for the info. I have a business associate who is traveling to Beirut in early February and I have asked him to do me a favor and purchase the new ones for me.

(3501)
    You're very welcome

I want Aoud Disco Fever! lol

I want Aoud Disco Fever! lol
    Stick with your pine :P

Abc Mall in Dbaye. 1st ground floor. It's called 'Beauty and cosmetics' floor. The Montale boutique/corner is first from left. Asking around will point you to them anyway. SAs are always helpful there if you need directions to a certain brand boutique.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    I wonder why the name isn't listed in the directory of shops in that particular mall. I searched by category and name. Nothing came up for that name. Is it like a Kiosk somewhere on the 1st floor or perhaps brand new?

(3536)

I wonder why the name isn't listed in the directory of shops in that particular mall. I searched by category and name. Nothing came up for that name. Is it like a Kiosk somewhere on the 1st floor or perhaps brand new?

(3536)
    Don't count on the brands listed on the website. They added so many brands lately, they just stopped adding them to the website.

The Montale SAs are only part of a huge wall kiosk stretching from side to side on the entire beauty floor. The kiosk includes every scent you can think of (from designer to niches). Each SA is responsible for his own section. You have Creed, Serge lutens, designers, indies etc. The montale SAs are responsible for selling the Montales, Jesus del Pozo, Dsquared and couple more brands i forgot. You will find them on the far left.

The rest of floor (middle spaces/ away from the wall) has exclusive solitary kiosks for the likes of Armani, Dior, L'occitane, Chanel, YSL, Guerlain, Bobbi Brown, etc....

Info on Aoud Orange & Aoud Melody here....

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Mont...lody-5085.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post

Info on Aoud Orange & Aoud Melody here....

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Mont...lody-5085.html
    Thanks for this info... I think! Now two additional ones added to the list to buy
    (3540)

Okay, i think this is worth mentioning :

Today a friend of mine got the steel blue bottle of Oud & Pine. He ordered it after he smelled the new released blue bottle on me and he wanted one for himself. Then he calls me and tells me to step by because he thinks his steel blue version is different than the new blue one.

I went there and i just came back and i have the steel blue Oud & pine on my hand. The smell is similar to the new blue bottle, but the aoud is much stronger and the transitions are not as smooth as the new blue version.

The blue version is much smoother in the transitions and an overall smoother scent.

The one in the steel blue bottle is incorrectly marked in the Basenotes directory and in Fragrantica as having been released in 2013. I had mine way before 2013 - perhaps as early as the beginning of 2012. By the way, that's interesting about the differences between the two bottles. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the differences.

(3686)

The one in the steel blue bottle is incorrectly marked in the Basenotes directory and in Fragrantica as having been released in 2013. I had mine way before 2013 - perhaps as early as the beginning of 2012. By the way, that's interesting about the differences between the two bottles. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the differences.

(3686)
    It was my fault on that. I'm the one who provided Fragrantica and basenotes with the details, thinking they would put the picture of the new one. But again, they ARE similar but i think the new one is slightly reformulated to be smoother that's all ...
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 1st February 2014 at 03:11 PM.

By the way, Hednic, tell me your thoughts on Aoud Samarkand as soon as you have it. I freakin love that one and would be interesting to hear your take on it !

By the way, Hednic, tell me your thoughts on Aoud Samarkand as soon as you have it. I freakin love that one and would be interesting to hear your take on it !
    Will do. Perhaps with this seller there is now better access in the States to these more difficult to find Montales.

(3689)

In a few months they will have to release Aoud Ever Fever Pine Melody if they carry on like this...

Tonight I also picked up Aoud Mayyas and Aoud Fever along with two others for my sons. Looking forward to receiving the new ones and discovering what smell lurks inside!

(3829)

Tonight I also picked up Aoud Mayyas and Aoud Fever along with two others for my sons. Looking forward to receiving the new ones and discovering what smell lurks inside!

(3829)
    I take it your on one of your overseas voyages.

I take it your on one of your overseas voyages.
    I think he had someone go there and pick them up for him.

(3829)
    Congrats! The diva of the bunch is Aoud Samarkand in my opinion. When you try them , post your thoughts.

Love the name Samarkand ...conjures up visions of big palatial cities with minarets and domes, horse drawn carriages, djinns and dervishes and the call of the muzzein echoing in the air.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I think he had someone go there and pick them up for him.
    That would be correct. Just a lot easier.

(3837)

Still waiting to be able to get ANY of these new ones in North America. Would love Oud & Pine, as well as any of the other new releases. Again, I bought on Perfume AE and they refunded my money the next day even though Canada is in their shipping options.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomBoy View Post
    Still waiting to be able to get ANY of these new ones in North America. Would love Oud & Pine, as well as any of the other new releases. Again, I bought on Perfume AE and they refunded my money the next day even though Canada is in their shipping options.
    Check Ebay. There is a seller from Bahrain who is selling them.

(3850)

There's a seller on ebay who seem to have all the exclusives and ships worldwide.

I won't mention his name because if he happens to see this thread , he might raise the prices.

Tip : Search on ebay for Montale Aoud Samarkand.

Yup just grabbed Mayyas haha. Would love Aoud & Pine from eBay but it looks like the older silver bottle.

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk

Yup just grabbed Mayyas haha. Would love Aoud & Pine from eBay but it looks like the older silver bottle.

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk
    Message him on ebay and ask him if he carries the new oud & pine with the solid blue bottle and box. If he carries the others, my bet is that sooner or later he will carry the blue Oud & pine.

Thanks for the tip. I've purchased Red Vetyver from this seller before. Came pretty quickly to Canada and was authentic.

This whole Montale b.s. is absolutely absurd. Its obviously working to promote the Montale name as this is now a 3 page thread, soon to be 4 pages. After we all get suspicious of a new member touting a little known fragrance, this happens.....

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoakpenn View Post
    This whole Montale b.s. is absolutely absurd. Its obviously working to promote the Montale name as this is now a 3 page thread, soon to be 4 pages. After we all get suspicious of a new member touting a little known fragrance, this happens.....
    What's wrong with discussing some new Montale releases? I don't think anyone has any affinity with the actual house of Montale here - we're just doing what people do on a forum: Discuss.

What's wrong with discussing some new Montale releases?
    Absolutely nothing.

(3860)

I completely agree with you ZoomBoy. I know we have had some great discussion on the new releases but if Montale would clear up the confusion between the two houses, most of this thread would not exist. Now we cant have a Montale thread without discussing which one is which.

I was ranting a bit too. Too much confusion with this house. Figuring out Montale reminds me too much of my workplace.

Montales business model is beyond retarded, that being said, they have some really good fragrances, well the "Atmeh" ones do. I gave up on the Durrani Montale ( Paris) a long time ago lol.

Someone said Montale Kabul Aoud smells like Black Afgano. What?