Code of Conduct

Default College student need suggestions (Loving the world of fragrances)

I know I made a post earlier but I did some more research and I am trying to come to a conclusion. I don't go to the mall often and ordering samples seems expensive so blind buys are my best friend lol.

I'm 18, about 5 10, Black hair, long face-ish, I like to keep a 5 oclock shadow stubble, sometimes a medium beard. not very athletic built but i do look good when i want to. I look "italian" even though Im not.

I don't really party much but I might every once in a while or so.

I'm trying to keep it under $50 a bottle (I'd like at least 1.6 oz or more) I'm willing to buy multiple bottles because I can just resell later and take a small loss.

So Chevignon, Baldessarini Ambre, Strictly Private, Rive Gauche, Fahrenheit (Used to have this), Aramis, Kouros, Kouros Tattoo (Heard this is safer), Burberry London, Quorum. AND JOOP PH

The ones I'm really interested in are Chevignon, Both baldessarinis, and Kouros Tattoo, and Quorum if u guys can give me more insight on those.

What about Joop PH? For $30 a 4.2 Oz and I heard it's a serious lady killer! Wooh!! What about Lapidus PH - similar to Kouros?

I'm a broke college student so I don't really have $100 to spend on one cologne but I could probably manage $100 or more if I'm buying multiple.

This will be the post to end my noob question and to complete my search for the ultimate fragrance for a broke college student.

Default Re: College student need suggestions (Loving the world of fragrances)

Ted Lapidus Altamir is a nice one for a person on a budget. Nice fragrace. Orange blossom and vanilla. Got quite a few compliments at work with this one.

Out of the ones you mentioned I'd pick Burberry London for your age. Personally, I don't care about Joop and if it's a "lady killer" only because ladies might die from asphyxiation while standing next to Joop wearer:-)

I'm leaning towards Baldessarini Ambre. Seems like a winter fragrance. Has leather, amber, animalic (fragrantica) Seems like a more mature fragrance. Do U guys think I should get it? a 3 oz can be had for under $30. Or is it for "Old people, businessmen, etc?" I want to be unique a little (Everybody wears Acqua Di Gio, etc lol thats why I got Fahrenheit instead of ADG my first time buying fragrances)

The original Chevignon is very nice. Spicy, woody with decent longevity.

(2498)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I have Baldessarini Ambre. I wouldn't say it's for "old people" but am not sure about it being suited for an 18-year old. It has that mature vibe about it and there is prominent whiskey accord that I like but it may not sit well with some people. The scent is good but it lasts only for a few hours on me.

Blind buys can be more expensive than sampling

If you use samples\decants in small amounts (2-3ml) you should be able to get a number of different fragrances and then make a more informed decision. This may save you money in the long run

It's sweet but well blended "INDIVIDUEL by Mont Blanc" can be had a bargain...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    It's sweet but well blended "INDIVIDUEL by Mont Blanc" can be had a bargain...

I've decided to get Body Kouros. I'll probably be getting INDIVIDUEL or LEGEND sometime soon!! THanks!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

What about the Perry Ellis line?
    You can get 5 for $100
    360 Red
    360 White
    360 Black
    Portfolio Green
    Nautica Voyage

Nautica Voyage

If you want never ending flow of compliments in this weather get Rive Gauche Pour Homme Extreme! Or my signature frag Givenchy Play Intense
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    What about the Perry Ellis line?
    You can get 5 for $100
    360 Red
    360 White

360 Black
    Portfolio Green
    Nautica Voyage
    Tony T with the PE recommendations again! Nice
    I'm with Tony on this one. If you're a college student on a budget, Perry Ellis colognes are the way to go. Very modern smells and they last quite awhile on my skin.