Code of Conduct

Cool Creed Royal Service = Millesime Imperial & Santal Imperial?

While sitting at home gazing through the window at the snow covered trees a curious discovery came to mind. I wondered what would be the scent profile of spraying Creed Millesime Imperial and Creed Santal Imperial on different areas of my arm.

Wow, it's probably hard for most people to believe, but it smells very close to "Creed Royal Service"....

For anyone who either "owns or has sniffed" Royal Service, Millesime Imperial and Santal Imperial give this a try and see how they compare.

Its a wonderful combination, but for myself don't blend nor layer much; Although it does smell really good when paired together.

Perhaps We'll call it "Millesime Imperial Santal".... Maybe???

Default Re: Creed Royal Service = Millesime Imperial & Santal Imperial?

Hi!
    We'll move this to MFD as it may be answered better over there.
    Thanks!

Out of curiosity will give this a try to see the result, but like you normally don't layer or blend.

(2509)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Always thought it smelled closer to Original Cologne with perhaps a very slight bit of Santal Imperial mixed in.

I haven't had the pleasure to sample RS, but I have heard it smells very similar to Pure White Cologne (aka Original Cologne).

You may want to also check out this thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/328...-Royal-Service
    Last edited by CaliDude; 2nd January 2014 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Out of curiosity will give this a try to see the result, but like you normally don't layer or blend.

(2509)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Always thought it smelled closer to Original Cologne with perhaps a very slight bit of Santal Imperial mixed in.

Man, I'm for real, this stuff smells so close it =)

Each time I kept getting wafts of this blend, it smelled so similar to Royal Service. Wow, but in all actuality if Olivier has been doing scents from late 60's it's evident he would compose Royal Service using something similar from his catalog from years ago.

For me I appreciate the style of Creed, and only could imagine what other "secret" colognes their sitting on which has never came out.

Now I want to smell Royal Service!

Royal Service has always smelled 90% like Original/Pure White Cologne to me.

Pure White Cologne has turned into one of my favorite colognes, period. Royal Service smells a tad bit better than Pure White, IMO, and it has excellent longevity.

Even so, with Pure White Cologne around, the cost absurdity of the Royal Service should never make anyone consider splurging for it.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 3rd January 2014 at 06:07 AM.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I have both . I like more santal imperial that why i have two bottles . Imperial Millesime smells similar to sean john. Cologne ,if you want one let me know.