Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 3 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a super day!

Eva Kant - O'Driu.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 3 January, 2014.

Apres l'Ondee by Guerlain.

Morning All,

First day back at work for me.

(re-)Testing Cartier's L'Heure Promise (Mathilde Laurent).

Best to everyone.

Morning people.

Got up early to queue at the French social security office (fun!) and am now plonked at my desk for an intense, concentrated bout of editing (*cough*).

Mitsouko vintage extrait for me today. I caught a whiff in the cafe this morning and nothing else would suffice.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Comme des Garçons Wonderwood.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Good morning, folks!
    Rose de Nuit for me today. The very mild and sunny weather continues (it's the consequence of the extreme cold and snowfall in North America)... no complaints from this side of the pond!
    Best to all

'Morning!

Etro Patchouly for me today.

Have a nice day
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Snow Storm Hercules has given us a snow day here in NYC. Looking a little more like Fargo out there than Staten Island at the moment. Will catch up on housework, then settle in with I Love Lucy and some old movies afterward.

SOTD is Rochas Femme, clouds of it. Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good day!
    Winter hasnt really arrived yet in Sweden, Very confusing I must say. Still cold enough for some heavy hitters
    Peche Cardinal on left hand, Ambre topkapi on right...Manceras Sand aoud allover. Seriously need to go wash my hands. Have a great day all!

hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ungaro Diva, vintage EDP

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 3 January, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! It's a little warmer today, but it's very windy, so it still feels pretty cold. A storm is expected for later today.

Enjoy your snow day, Tdem!

Wearing Oriental Brulant this morning.

Have a great day!

Good morning, everyone!

It doesn't happen often, but it's too cold for tennis today. However, that provides me with a nice opportunity for a day of shopping and lunch with a friend, the one who was married in my courtyard a few months ago. I haven't seen her since the wedding so I'm excited to see her and anxious to catch up ...and I imagine we'll be getting wine-o'clock off to an early start this afternoon. I doubt we'll be doing any perfume shopping, but if we do I'll have to search for a patch of bare skin - I'm pretty well covered in Miss Dior, vintage parfum and edt.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Testing Dambrosia Profumum Roma. Sweet ,fruity floral. Very nice florals in this, perhaps a light rose, and peony or lily? Not sure. But I think there are a few florals here, light ones. It's more about sweet & fruity than floral. Stays close to the skin, a bit buttery. Good fruity floral though. Not sure I'd get a fb, a bit sweet, in a slightly cloying way.

Also testing Mauboussin..too much patchouli for me. Get a rather strong menthol note. The fruit I like, the rose and amber..but a patchy menthol doesn't do it for me. I do like the benzoin in this though, it's a nice note.
    Last edited by kalli; 3rd January 2014 at 12:58 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling L'Occitane Eau des 4 Voleurs this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello, everyone! And since I wasn't here to say it a few days ago, Happy Near Year to you all!!! I hope it has started off beautifully. I haven't hardly posted in the last month - been crazy with traveling for work and a trip home to Kentucky - but I have missed and thought of you all.

Terry, stay warm, and Evangeline, have a lovely day with your friend! That Dior ad, just, mmm! Those luxurious cozy folds of red wool are just too much. I could get lost in them. Then again, I wore my red Calvin Klein wool coat today and it's looking like a cheap piece of trash now, thanks.

In Chanel No. 5.

Last edited by ErinK; 3rd January 2014 at 01:35 PM.

Happy Friday everyone

(((((ErinK))))) hello gorgeous! So good to have you back and in No.5 no less.

tdem and saminlondon you both smell wonderful, plum and peaches.

easyfish what a beautiful picture.

Mainlining caffeine today. Early morning flight to Melbourne to spend a few hours cracking the proverbial whip (should have used a real one it would have settled matters much more quickly), then turned around and flew home.

Had a case of déjà vu on the plane when I was seat across the aisle from a familiar face. It was my high school art teacher Mr G! It took me a minute to place him and I was so surprised when he still remembered me. One of the most wonderful teachers I have ever had the privileged to be taught by and I was beyond thrilled to finally have the chance to thank him after all these years.

Dior Homme today for the whip cracking. Very tired and heading to bed, slipping on some Debussy and slipping into Bois des Îles, in need of the fragrance equivalent to a big cuddle.

Take care everyone experiencing bad weather, hoping it passes soon.

Last edited by Xscent; 3rd January 2014 at 01:41 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hi Xscent! Debussy and Bois des Iles sound very soothing. Hope they do the trick.

Dior Homme must work very well on a woman. It's a great scent, quite aside from the all the nonsense on the 'other side' of the forum!

Yes, it had to be Mitsouko today. I get an urge for it like no other perfume, and nothing else will do.

Good morning, good smelling people!

Reglisse Noire today in the cold cold morning here. Yum.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    The very mild and sunny weather continues (it's the consequence of the extreme cold and snowfall in North America)...
    You’re welcome. But poor, drenched teardrop must be sprouting gills about now.

Today we have sun for a change, however, more deep chill lies ahead. Should make for a fun-to-watch (on TV) football game Sunday. Our Green Bay Packers are in the playoffs against the San Francisco 49ers. They’ll be playing in our open-air Lambeau Field, steam huffing out of their frosted faces, the ground only slightly softer than ice. Low temps predicted: -20°F/-29°C with winds up to 14 mph.

Time to chase the vacuum. Asking vanillic Cadjmere 18 to cheer the process.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Hi Xscent! Debussy and Bois des Iles sound very soothing. Hope they do the trick.

Dior Homme must work very well on a woman. It's a great scent, quite aside from the all the nonsense on the 'other side' of the forum!

Yes, it had to be Mitsouko today. I get an urge for it like no other perfume, and nothing else will do.
    Mitsouko was my first perfume love, I know that urge well. She's been with me nearly twenty years, I got my first bottle when I was barely a teenager.

It's the vetiver in the base of Dior Homme that works for me, DHI is just that bit too sweet for my liking. Hope the editing is going well or at least passing the time quickly.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hope my 9ers don't get frostbite. -20? Now that's cold.

I liked Mitsouko EDT modern, I haven't sniffed vintage juice though.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Welcome back, ((ErinK))! It sounds like you had a chock-full holiday -- hope it was fun and fragrant

Xscent, when you said "whip-cracking," I immediately thought, "Marlene Dietrich." Upon which I promptly thought, how in the heck were you not wearing Cuir d'Russie?! Hope you get some good rest, sweetie. I'm checking into June in NYC Also, it won't surprise you that this sweet fiend adores DHI parfum.

Ipp, I thought there was a decent shot of house twinning with you today, but it seems I just missed. I'm in 2 tiny sprays of the nuclear-strength Slumberhouse Baque.

I'll tell you what, this is such a weird winter for me. I'm kind of forcing myself to wear my ambers and other big, resin-y, smoky heavy-hitters, thinking maybe I just need a nudge to get in the mood, but all I really seem to want this winter are woods, spices, and warm gourmands/vanillas. And Iris! It's crazy! I think I'm going to stop fighting it, though. What the heck.

GAH! Quarry, Cadjmere is totally what I want! I know what I'm wearing tomorrow! Anyone else want to join me in Parfumerie Generale tomorrow?
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 3rd January 2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Quarry made me lemming.

Quarry, wind chills of -40 or -50? That is sooo cold!

Oud by Reminiscence

(2556)
    Last edited by hednic; 3rd January 2014 at 02:50 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

My sympathy, Quarry! Honestly!
    I wanted something bold, smoky tonight... Jeke was a great idea! Everytime the opening strikes me as perique tobacco. The smell from a fresh can is so good... plum tobacco (it is not)!
    Stay warm!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    poor, drenched teardrop must be sprouting gills about now.
    You're not kidding, Q! And apparently we are set to continue being lashed by wind & rain for at least another week. Still, l've got a week off now, & l'm planning a sweet combo of pottering & hibernating for the next few days.

Welcome back Erin, good to see you!

l wore Encens Flamboyant for work today. One of my patients exclaimed; "lt smells like incense sticks in here!" This was the middle of the afternoon; l applied it at 6.30am.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I'm floating along in a creamy cloud of Vintage Shalimar EdC.

For 18 degree weather, Chergui fits the bill.

Blog Entries

Warm & dry now in Amber Absolute.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Champaca Absolute by Tom Ford. I'm going on a hike today. Have a nice day!

Pandit. My tribute to the great Ravi Shankar.
    It's mainly Sandalwood Mysore and Ylang and Oakmoss
    ravi-shankar-1961.jpg
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

queen of the universe

Sandalwood here, too. Vintage Myrurgia Maderas de Oriente, locion formula, a grand dirty sandalwood. I'm picking up something that reminds me of my recent find, vint Weil Noir. A side-by-side sniff is in order.

Here's a photo. The locion is the tall bottle, made in Mexico. The shorter one is the perfume de tocador formula, made in Spain, cleaner, more flowers accompany the sandalwood. Each wonderful. I sometimes layer Tea Rose over the locion.
    P1030297.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    ravi-shankar-1961.jpg
    The notes are right up my alley. Do you do sampler packs, wooznib? There was a lavender I asked you about and I think it was still work in progress.

Blog Entries

Laura Tonatto-
    Violette a Sydney

Last edited by kumquat; 3rd January 2014 at 06:04 PM.

It's surprisingly cold today here, too, with a sharp wind. I'm luxuriating in the sweet, warm embrace of Guerlain Tonka Imperiale with a cup of berry chocolate tea.

Wearing Jeke today (possibly layered with something floral) This is the first time in days I've felt like I'm actually wearing perfume! -- other than when I wore Bal à Versailles, of course. Bliss at each new whiff.

Now for a report in the on-going saga of "will ScentFan and ex-hubby re-wed?" Talk about nerves! You'd think we were teenagers instead of a couple already married 24+ years and divorced only 3! Early this morning we mutually announced doubt. Then an email arrived with a photo of a near perfect non-smallish diamond ring! However, by that time I'd decided to take a 3-day sabbatical of deep meditation and general contemplation of the universe! To paraphrase Seuss' Batholomew and the Oobleck: I cannot tell you any more. We've never seen such days before.

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    ravi-shankar-1961.jpg

I have Ravi Shankar's sitar music here somewhere! I suspect it's on and old tape. Used to listen to it daily. Just adore it. Thanks for the reminder.

Hello everyone! You all smell amazing today!

Thank you for the welcome!

Today I have a bad cold so I took the day off.

No perfume, as I can hardly smell anything, I only wear

White Patchouli Body Lotion from a sample I happened to have.

Blog Entries

MV5BMTU2ODEwNTA1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTk1Mjk2__V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg Continuing in the C's. Chanel Coco this morning, and Coco Mad tonight

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Armani Cuir Amethyste again. It is better second day in a row.

Yes, kalli, that's how cold it gets here too. Even more so with Ms.K, I am sure.

Erin, nice to see you back.

Scentfan, great to hear about the non-smallish progress in your never-ending saga. Tomorrow is our 15th wedding anniversary with Mr.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Scentfan, great to hear about the non-smallish progress in your never-ending saga. Tomorrow is our 15th wedding anniversary with Mr.T.
    Congratulations on your 15th Twolf.

Hello again -

I'm in Agent Provocateur Strip for the evening ...have a good night everyone!

Well hello there, Erin - I'm so glad you stopped by! I'd gotten rather used to you around here and wondered where you'd run off to.

Early congratulations and much love to the Twolves - I wish you both all the very best. Here's to the next 15 years together; may they each be better than the last. xo
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Last night's snowfall was not as bad as expected-- only about 4", so cleaning up wasn't hard. Hubby was home and school was canceled so I had lots of help.

Tonight's lows are supposed to be between -4 and -13. This is unusual for Connecticut, though.

My little orange tree is scenting the air with its blossoms.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing April Aromatics Jasmina today. Pure sweet jasmine touched with lemon and grapefruit with a buzzy resinous base. Very nice!

Happy Friday everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

In a sample of
    this evening. Loving this one and wishing I could find a FB.