Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 46 of 46
  1. #1

    Default Best Creed For High School Student

    Hey guys, I'm a sophomore and I'm looking for a good fragrance for high school. I have 8 other fragrances, so this doesn't have to be perfectly versatile, but I want it to be rather versatile. The main ones that I'm looking at are Aventus, GIT, and Silver Mountain Water. However, I'll look at others without bias. If there are any others (not neccessarily Creed) that you think fit the bill, please tell me. I want something that lasts and projects (needs to last at least 6 hours and I want something that projects more than a skin scent). And I want something that most high school girls will like. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Virgin Island Water
    Original Santal

  3. #3

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Himalaya. Personally it is one of the few poor performers in the Creed family for me - but some people seem to get good longevity from it - and I think it is an excellent scent and pretty versatile.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Hi!
    Moving thread to Just Starting Out.
    Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Judging from the responses I take it that means none of these are good for school?

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Creed isn't the only fragrance brand out there! Maybe do some testing & see what you like.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    If you look around in this forum, the brand is quite divisive. Some love it, some find it overpriced. I'm one of those who finds it overpriced, and would rather suggest that a high school student spends his money elsewhere.

    That said, I'd say GIT, which is somewhat fresh but not too much, is probably the most versatile. Girls' tastes vary, so there's no way to know what will impress them. If the main objective is to impress girls, however, perhaps you can look for something cheaper. Regularly priced perfumes that seem not to turn off too many people include things like Terre d'Hermes (which is very popular in Europe), Le Male, and Dior Homme. If you really want to spend more (but not as much as Creed), you could look at things like Tom Ford Sahara Noir, which, as a frankincense, smells sophisticated and lasts a long time (and most people more or less like incense).

    cacio

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,020

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Green Irish Tweed

    (2572)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    If you look around in this forum, the brand is quite divisive. Some love it, some find it overpriced. I'm one of those who finds it overpriced, and would rather suggest that a high school student spends his money elsewhere.

    That said, I'd say GIT, which is somewhat fresh but not too much, is probably the most versatile. Girls' tastes vary, so there's no way to know what will impress them. If the main objective is to impress girls, however, perhaps you can look for something cheaper. Regularly priced perfumes that seem not to turn off too many people include things like Terre d'Hermes (which is very popular in Europe), Le Male, and Dior Homme. If you really want to spend more (but not as much as Creed), you could look at things like Tom Ford Sahara Noir, which, as a frankincense, smells sophisticated and lasts a long time (and most people more or less like incense).

    cacio
    Ok thanks. As far as price I was gonna get in on a split at some point, and if I don't like it I don't think I'll have trouble reselling it. I know Aventus is the hype king but wasnt sure if the HS girls would like it. I own mostly gourmands and wanted something a bit fresher.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    GIT! or Silver Mountain Water
    Top 5

    1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

    2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

    3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

    4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

    5. Gendarme

    6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

  11. #11

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    The reason I'm leaning away from GIT is bc I hate Cool Water. I know that GIT is leagues ahead in terms of quality, but I'm still a little scared.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    Ok thanks. As far as price I was gonna get in on a split at some point, and if I don't like it I don't think I'll have trouble reselling it. I know Aventus is the hype king but wasnt sure if the HS girls would like it. I own mostly gourmands and wanted something a bit fresher.
    OP- You have 5 fresh scents in your collection..
    No gourmands listed..

    What do you really want to know?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    I'd go with Aventus and/or MI from Creed.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    OP- You have 5 fresh scents in your collection..
    No gourmands listed..

    What do you really want to know?
    Yeah, I really need to update that list. During the Christmas season I went on a gourmand rampage.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    And I got rid of Polo Blue and Dg Light Blue

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    Yeah, I really need to update that list. During the Christmas season I went on a gourmand rampage.
    Why the need to get more if you went on a rampage??
    What did you get?

  17. #17
    Dependent caferacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    +1 for Millesime Imperial.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Why the need to get more if you went on a rampage??
    What did you get?
    I got pretty much all gourmands , and wanted a high quality fresh scent. Hugo and Polo Black Black dont last long, and Fierce is very overused, which leaves Azzaro Chrome as my go-to school scent. I still use the other three, but mostly on days I have PE and need to reapply. Also, I'd like to start getting into a small amount of niche fragrances as I'm only in the designer game currently. I just got a considerable raise at work and now I can afford a bit more. Sorry if this comes off as defensive, as I am in no way shape or form trying to start an argument, especially considering I don't have the finest nose in the world.

  19. #19
    Dependent caferacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Why the need to get more if you went on a rampage??
    What did you get?
    I believe he said he went a gourmand rampage and that he's looking for something fresher...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    I believe he said he went a gourmand rampage and that he's looking for something fresher...
    Exactly

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Fresh Creed scents
    MI
    SMW
    Aventus
    Erolfa
    Himalaya
    Virgin Island Water
    GIT

    I am sure more will chime in

  22. #22

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Fresh Creed scents
    MI
    SMW
    Aventus
    Erolfa
    Himalaya
    Virgin Island Water
    GIT

    I am sure more will chime in
    Ok thanks

  23. #23

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Oh, fwiw I live in Buffalo, NY where things can get chillier, so despite being fresh, it has to be able to cut through a bit of cold.

  24. #24
    Basenotes Plus
    SgtShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    If you are set on getting a creed then get original santal. Great fragrance that many people enjoy.

  25. #25
    Dependent caferacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    It's not a Creed (and it's kind of in the space between designer and niche) but if you're looking for something fresh that will hold up in the colder months, I'd suggest Terre d'Hermes.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    It's not a Creed (and it's kind of in the space between designer and niche) but if you're looking for something fresh that will hold up in the colder months, I'd suggest Terre d'Hermes.
    I'm looking more for something for all seasons, but needs to be able to hold up during the cold as well.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtShadow View Post
    If you are set on getting a creed then get original santal. Great fragrance that many people enjoy.
    Agree

  28. #28

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtShadow View Post
    If you are set on getting a creed then get original santal. Great fragrance that many people enjoy.
    Alright, I'll be looking into that. Thanks

  29. #29

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Original Santal is perfect for what you want. It's good for all seasons, fresh, and high school girls will love it. It's one of the better Creeds available but doesn't seem to get the love that it deserves.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Original Santal is perfect for what you want. It's good for all seasons, fresh, and high school girls will love it. It's one of the better Creeds available but doesn't seem to get the love that it deserves.
    Thanks, I like the sound of that.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Silver Mountain Water.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Original Santal or Green Irish Tweed.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    Thanks, I like the sound of that.
    Seriously?! For high school you may want to consider something unique, and my suggestion would be "Creed Jardin d'Amalfi". I dont know your expenses although for a 1ounce bottle you're looking at $250. On the other hand, Aventus, Original Vetiver, or Green Irish Tweed are awesome too.

  34. #34
    Super Member Mish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Salvador
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Green Irish Tweed or Original Santal

  35. #35

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Green Irish Tweed is great, gets lots of love, but for high school? Kids will say he smells like a pond behind a pub! I remember in high school I thought YSL was TOO potent for my sensitive baby nose!

    Original Santal may be too spicy for most high school kids around you.

    Aventus is good, but it's expensive.

    I say shoot for Himalaya, Silver Mountain, or one of my fav's, Millesime Imperial. I recommend MI for school.

    I only see GIT being appreciated by older audiences!

  36. #36

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    G I T would be my best pick for this scene...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

  37. #37

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    Alright, I'll be looking into that. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    Thanks, I like the sound of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    I'm looking more for something for all seasons, but needs to be able to hold up during the cold as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    Oh, fwiw I live in Buffalo, NY where things can get chillier, so despite being fresh, it has to be able to cut through a bit of cold.
    TMAdidas, when you do decide on a Creed whether it's Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Original Santal, Millesime Imperial and others.... Take into consideration a few things about your selection. Green Irish Tweed was brought on the market in 1985, Aventus was 2011, Original Santal & Millesimie Imperial was in the mid 90's. So regarding your choice you might want something that is modern versus the something a little bit dated. For me there isnt anything wrong with dated/classic scents by Creed, but the fougere of choice could be determined upon the best time of year when to wear your scents.

    For example Royal Oud, Millesime 1849, Original Santal, Original Vetiver might work better for colder climates vs Millesime Imperial, Aventus, Jardin d'Amalfi or Silver Mountain Water could project better in 55degrees and warmer...

    Just some slight suggestions....
    Last edited by FreshSmell; 6th January 2014 at 06:20 PM.

  38. #38

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Jardin D'amalfi

  39. #39

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Basically, any Creed fragrance you like wearing. But my likeliest and perhaps most appropriate recommendations may include: GIT, OV, Aventus, Erolfa, Royal Water, MI.

  40. #40

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    After some research I pulled the trigger on Aventus two days ago. I'll update when it arrives.

  41. #41

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    After some research I pulled the trigger on Aventus two days ago. I'll update when it arrives.
    Good choice. I'm actually surprised Aventus didn't run away with this thread.

  42. #42

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Good choice. I'm actually surprised Aventus didn't run away with this thread.
    Thanks

  43. #43
    Dependent caferacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    After some research I pulled the trigger on Aventus two days ago. I'll update when it arrives.
    Congrats on your purchase. Looking forward to reading your update after you've had a chance to wear it.

  44. #44

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. Looking forward to reading your update after you've had a chance to wear it.
    Thanks. I might be trading a bit away, but should still have about 50mls left.

  45. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Hope you like it

  46. #46

    Default Re: Best Creed For High School Student

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Hope you like it
    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18th March 2014, 10:24 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 13th March 2014, 05:26 PM
  3. Florida high school student in need of summer cologne
    By bgarce in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14th February 2013, 02:36 AM
  4. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 23rd January 2013, 12:06 AM
  5. Acquatic Scent advice for High School Student?
    By xxgandalfoxx in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25th August 2010, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000