Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2014

According to my wardrobe here I haven't worn some of my scents in years ( some which I know I Have worn) My Ava Luxes seems to be a bit forgotten. Probably due to the small perfume oil bottles. Today I will probably wear Moksha or Midnight Violet.
    Currently wearing: Nahéma by Guerlain

Synching with Gucci Eau de Parfum II tonight.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

I try to rotate my collection and wear each fragrance I own at least once a year, and I noticed that the last time I wore Bvlgari Aqva Marine was almost exactly a year ago (May 11, 2013). It's been well over 100 degrees F in my neck of the woods this week, and I promised my 5-year-old that we could venture out into the pool again today after school (it was still pretty cold two weeks ago). I think I will take out my summer aquatic fragrances this weekend!

Happy Friday!

BAM.jpg
    Currently wearing: Lyric Man by Amouage

I've only been into perfume for about 4 years now, but I definitely have a bunch of long-ignored decants and even bottles. I've been making an effort to rotate a few of them in lately, but I had to think a while to come up with one that fit my mood and fits with warmer weather. I ended up with Passage d'Enfer, and I am quite enjoying it.

Blog Entries

Lanvin- Arpége, extrait, vintage This is my mother's perfume, worn for going out to dinner or special occasions. She was beautiful in it.
    Currently wearing: French Cancan by Caron

Blog Entries

Oh my word, Xanadu, Kiku, Babe. They do take me back! Remember Aqua Manda too? And what can I say about Brut. I would love a vintage bottle too. When I was a teenager the girls went through a phase of wearing Brut too. It was great. I have no idea what it smells like now.

Anyway. I have a lovely one for today. Armani, the original Armani for women. I had it back then, I really loved it and if I had known that it was going to be discontinued I would have bought some to keep. But in my experience, it just vanished. Pouf!

So, a while ago, mumsy kindly sent me a wee bit of hers and it was one of those, whoosh, boom, BAM, moments. I was reminded how special it is. I managed to find one, unopened, and it is perfect. It is the EDT, and I'm sure that I had the EDP, but it is wonderful all the same. A floral chypre with a dark side.

PS, a slight cheat because I have worn it a couple of times since I got it but still...... I smell divine, so it's allowed.
    Last edited by Foustie; 16th May 2014 at 11:32 PM.

I scored a full bottle too the other day. That makes the third back up, so OK for a while. I will let some of you buy them now. Minis are easy to find but not FB's.

I opted to wear L by Lolita Lempicka which according to the records I haven't worn since 2011 ? Not sure but I may
    have just worn the shower gel and lotion between 2011 and today's wearing as it was more accessible (both are in the upstairs bath cabinet vs.the bottle was in its gift set box with a box of minis set on top).
    Fragrance Omnivore

Okay, i won't be joining in tomorrow. I don't own any samples I intend to buy a FB.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Rose by Caron

My "to buy list" is pretty long and, fortunately/unfortunately, it's getting longer and longer each day. Right now, I have several Frederic Malles on my list that include Carnal Flower, Iris Poudre, Le Parfum de Therese, and Lys Mediterranee. I chose to synch with a sample of Carnal Flower because it screams of spring, and since we are pushing 100+ degree weather and this is the last Friday before Memorial Day weekend here in the US, I thought this would be a nice way to finish off the season. Happy Friday, everyone!

editions-de-parfums-frederic-malle-carnal-flower.jpg

Blog Entries

My next purchase from my samples and my synch for the day is Illuminum Rose Oud. Elizabeth Arden introduced a spa collection in the 1980's and one of the four scents was named Exhilarators. It was the 1980's and the whole concept was way ahead of its time and Elizabeth Arden was in the middle of one of its many buy outs/transitions. Therefore this was only on the market for about 3 minutes. I have looked in vain for this. When I tried the Rose Oud sample I was mostly looking to see what oud was all about. It smelled so familiar to me. Then it dawned on me it smelled exactly like Exhilarators. This will definitely be my next purchase.
    Betsy

I have about 20 bottles on my wish list but I think Wit by DelRae is near the top because it really fits with the Spring season we have been having.

At the moment I don't have any tested sample that will lead me to a FB purchase. So I am testing one - yet unknown - sample and see where it will go: Déjà Le Printemps by Oriza L. Legrand. The opening is like cut grass (the combination of camomile and mint?) - so far not something I would consider purchasing, though it is interesting in its own value.
    Edit: The fig in the dry down is wonderful, a bit creamy and DLP lasts - but would I consider a FB?
    Last edited by citypark; 23rd May 2014 at 11:00 PM.

It isn't exactly right for this synch but smelling Dzing made me buy ten more samples to get 10ml. I would like a FB but thrift rules in this case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Okay, i won't be joining in tomorrow. I don't own any samples I intend to buy a FB.
    Oh, you should do a "wish to buy" sample then!

Blog Entries

I'm trying "Bel Ami' by Hermes as suggested by a BN friend. I didn't realize I had this sample. Wow! Is this still in production? I would definitely get some if so!

http://usa.hermes.com/perfumes/men/b...eur-59346.html

I see it is, yeah! Sign me up! I hope this sample is accurate. (No current changes)
    Last edited by kumquat; 23rd May 2014 at 05:47 PM.

Okay early this AM before turning in ( night owl here!) I put on Tresor Luminese thinking it was a possible purchase ...ehh maybe not . The dry down is a bit Sweeeeeet as in cotton candy/ candyfloss with a bit of metal? I already have Blue Butterfly by HM,and a mini of Fantasy so even Limited edition this isn't a must have . I did get a backup bottle ( partial ) of Accenti so I'll switch to that for this afternoon .
    Fragrance Omnivore

glitter in my veins <3

I'm wearing L'Heure de Nuit for the synch today. In my dream world, this would be my next FB purchase ... however lack of funds make this just a dream. I do own a decant, with which I am making due.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Bleu by Paul & Joe

If I could I would buy Manifesto L'Elixir

Looks like I'll be in either Burberry or Penhaligon's tomorrow for English perfume sync.
    Edit : wore Burberry Brit Sheer.
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 31st May 2014 at 06:30 AM.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Okay going to get on my high horse now.

Penhaligons is no longer an English perfume house they are own by a US company. So unless you chose an older fragrance when the house was still English not strictly true.

But then I am wearing Jo Malone(now owned by Estee Lauder), Sweet Lime and Cedar. Double standards or what. LOL Oh and just fell of the high horse.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Rose by Caron

Karma by Lush, a spicy orange patchouli pine combo.

I know this might be stretching it a bit, but I only have a couple of Burberrys (London and Burberry Men), and both of those are better for cooler weather, IMO. Therefore I decided to go with Hippie Rose by Heeley. I know technically Heeley is based out of France, but James Heeley is British...so that counts, right?

Happy Friday, everyone!

hippie-rose.jpg

Blog Entries

It seems most new things I like recently come from the British. At first I was thinking of wearing a Burberry or an older Jo Malone that she actually did. However, I selected my newest and one my favorites Illuminum Rose Oud "Made In England". Really love this stuff.
    Betsy

So I was still under the impression that Jo Malone was an English house, thanks for the update donna255. I'm wearing Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay, one of my favorites from this house. I think I could own every product they offer in this scent. My only problem with the fragrance is the longevity. But that really is something that can be overcome.

Blog Entries

TXaggie; Jo Malone is still made in England. I was told this by the Jo Malone rep. I checked and all the bottles say London, England. Estee Lauder did buy the company a few years ago. Jo Malone herself stayed with them a few years. Then she broke off and founded another company Jo Loves. Jo Loves is not available in the States at this time.

Really like that Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay you're wearing. That is definitely on my "to buy" list.
    Last edited by BetsyMeszaros; 30th May 2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Betsy

Blog Entries

Forgot about the synch. My favorite English scent is Ormonde Jayne Woman.

​I'll change into that one now. Lucious green hemlock woods. Not to be missed.

Last edited by kumquat; 30th May 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Forgot this morning but enjoying some Gin & Lime concentree by Pell Wall this evening.

glitter in my veins <3

Great picture, kumquat! I agree, OJ Woman is wonderful stuff. Too bad, I forgot it was Friday this morning ... I would have worn it.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Bleu by Paul & Joe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Great picture, kumquat! I agree, OJ Woman is wonderful stuff. Too bad, I forgot it was Friday this morning ... I would have worn it.
    Thanks. It's one of my favorites. Love your new avatar and saying. RIP

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast