Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2014

Knowing dusting powder and a big spritz over it for me today...
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Dabbed on some vintage Private Collection parfum -Green +Lily of the Valley .Wow it's good.It's been awhile since I last pulled this beauty out.Thanks for the reminder Kumquat!
    Fragrance Omnivore

I happen to love Estee Lauder. I adore Azuree and Youth Dew.

Today, I wore Azuree. This is so wonderful and distinctive that I recognized it on a women at a doctor's office. Of course, I complimented her.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    Dabbed on some vintage Private Collection parfum -Green +Lily of the Valley .Wow it's good.It's been awhile since I last pulled this beauty out.Thanks for the reminder Kumquat!
    So glad you got the message. Maybe I'll join you!

Happy Friday, everyone!

For this week's oud theme, I'm wearing vintage (and sadly discontinued) M7 by YSL. I haven't tried the Oud Absolu flanker, but I love the oud paired with the sweet cherry in the opening in this version. I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more fragrances for a while, but I might need to go and see if I can find a back up bottle.

M7.jpg

I’m unintentionally in synch with Royal Oud this evening.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

I am going to wear Soir de Lune, Sisley. Because my (Arab) husband always comments it reminds him of the rose/oud ''perfumes people wear at home''.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Wearing Illuminum Rose Oud from my samples. This will be my next big purchase. On the dry down it smells exactly like Elizabeth Arden Exhilarators which was on the market for about 5 minutes 20 years ago. I have been looking for it ever since. This lasts a long time on me too which is always a plus when you like something.

Last edited by BetsyMeszaros; 7th March 2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

happy is the bleu heart<3

I am wearing By Kilian Amber Oud today. This may be cheating the synch a bit, because Amber Oud is not a strictly oud fragrance, as it leans a little more to the amber side of things. Amber and oud is brilliantly paired here, the amber soothing the medicinal quality of the oud and the oud adding weight to the amber. Add to the mix a smoky, boozy vanilla ... and you have a gorgeous blend of wood, smoke, and sweetness. I love this stuff so much. Now for the bad news ... the price. A 50ml bottle is $395 at Luckyscent (although a refill can be bought for $185.)

Notes: amber, oud, bay leaf, cedarwood, vanilla
    I've trademarked the color bleu

For today's synch I was wearing City Love by Dueto Parfums, it was mostly patchouli and oud on my skin with a bit of lemongrass. Longevity and sillage are amazing.

For the oud/woody notes sync I chose a scent I haven't worn for a few years: Samsara. It was really nice to re-discover it.

A designer perfume - for me Y by Yves Saint Laurent. A spring chypre.

I had a look think about this one. I finally decided on one I have not worn for a while.

John Galliano by John Galliano edp
    DONNA

Michael by Michael Kors

I bought this because I thought it had gardenia in it. Not so. It is loaded with tuberose and freesia. Love it!
    Last edited by BetsyMeszaros; 14th March 2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Betsy
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Synching with a Chanel double Bois des Îles for the day and Coromandel this evening.

Versace Pour Homme for Designer Day. Happy Friday, everyone!

versace_pour_homme.jpg

Hi guys . Sorry I missed you last week. OK, just showered and can choose.......designer, hmmm.....OK got it! "The Iceberg Fragrance". I got into my sisters car one day and she was wearing a great modern synthetic which filled the car, peppery, a bit leathery, odd notes. I loved it. It was The Iceberg Fragrance. I bought it cheaply and I will wear it tonight. Wait till you hear this....;

Notes;

Bergamot, coriander, pear, pink berries, pistachio ice cream, peony, mimosa, violet, suede, musks.

What fun!

Blog Entries

​Boucheron-
    Jaïpur Saphir
    EDP

I can't believe of all days, I didn't even think to wear PI by Givenchy today. It not only fits the sync of "Designer Fragrance" but today (3/14) is Pi Day! Needless to say, this is now my SOTE!

Pi.jpg

happy is the bleu heart<3

I picked Ralph Hot by designer Ralph Lauren.

Top Notes: Mandarin, Almond Blossom, Cinnamon
    Middle Notes: Mocha Cream, Orchid, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Fresh Milk, Fig
    Base Notes: Maple, Vanilla, Amber, Musk , Sandalwood

This is NOT as foody as it sounds by the notes. Something about it feels tropical but not in a pineapple/coconut sort of way. And the maple is more maple wood rather than maple syrup.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I synced with Viva La Juicy as I was off to work and wanted something more widely accepted.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Hiya. Won't be able to pop in tomorrow. I will wear the original Armani for women, from the eighties. Heavy on the oakmoss, not sure about the labdanum, but ticks all the boxes all the same, and has that gorgeous, unmissable twang.

One of my favourite families, I was wearing them before I ever knew what a Chypre was.

Okay, going for my very first chypre Rochas Femme vintage pdt(before the cumin).
    DONNA

I'm a big fan of chypres, and today I'm wearing Chanel Pour Monsieur.

image.jpg

Chypre Day ! Aaaaarrrrrggh! I love this genre! Hmmm...Coty Chypre? Mitsouko? YSL Y? Leonard by Leonard? Azuree?
    Can't wear them all today , I've got work this evening.Grrrrr.... Decisions,decisions.

Went with Mitsouko in honor of Musette and her dog Bruce who's been a very sick doggy and worrying his mum,Musette.
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 22nd March 2014 at 05:36 AM.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Synched today with Sublime a glorious floral chypre.

Blog Entries

Jean Patou- 'Invitation'
    Vintage parfum

http://www.basenotes.net/entries/995-SotD-Friday-21-May

See my blog entry for note description.
    Last edited by kumquat; 21st March 2014 at 05:29 PM.

Had to look up chypre. Wasn't sure what it was or if I owned any. Found out Halston Classic, Weil de Weil, and Mitsouko are all floral chypre. To my surprise Laura Ashley No. 1 is a fruity chypre. Who knew???

Think I'll go with Weil Weil de Weil.
    Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

I was wearing Trussardi by Trussardi (in the white bottle), a leather chypre. It can smell a bit medicinal, but is good on fresh spring days.

Chypre! Hurray! I had a very busy day yesterday, a great day. In the morning the classic Chypre de Coty, lovely, but actually a bit too tame for me. We went to a talk with inner afterwards, in the evening vintage Miss Balmain. I brought one of those minis as Evangeline recommended, and I was transported back in time. It is still my favorite perfume!
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Sorry I just got around to updating the synch list for the week. This weeks synch is something made 1990 to 1999. I'm not sure i have anything so must go on a hunt. I usually have something even when I think I don't.
    Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Okay, I had to go to Fragrantica(sp) to get a list by house.

So I have a few that fit, Guerlain, Caron, L'Artisan and Annick Goutal to chose from released from 1990-1999.
    Last edited by donna255; 27th March 2014 at 07:15 AM.
    DONNA

Donna255, I'm really confused. What do you mean when you say Basenotes only has the end date? When I go to my wardrobe there is a date next to the perfume. I always assumed this was the date the perfume was created. It looks about right for mine.

Looking forward to Friday.
    Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Blog Entries

I finally found this-
    Boucheron Saphir- 1999

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyMeszaros View Post
    Donna255, I'm really confused. What do you mean when you say Basenotes only has the end date? When I go to my wardrobe there is a date next to the perfume. I always assumed this was the date the perfume was created. It looks about right for mine.

Looking forward to Friday.
    I just went to the general directory advanced search. Never even thought of my wardrobe!!! Doh!!!!
    DONNA

I am posting my synch tonight because I will be driving to California all day tomorrow and won't have computer access all day. I had a hard time deciding what to wear, so I let my 5-year-old daughter pick between Acqua di Gio, Tommy Hilfiger for Men, or Nautica Classic. All three of which bring back memories of the 1990s.

After carefully smelling each bottle, she picked AdG EDT, the definitive male fragrance of the decade. It is such a beautiful aquatic scent that deserves the hype. Yes, just about every guy I know owns a bottle, but there is a reason it's one of the top selling men's fragrances of all time.

AdG.jpg

BRM, what a sweet story.

I have been looking at my bottle of 24, Faubourg EDP for some time and I think now is the time to wear it again.

I bought my bottle from Imagination Perfumery so very long ago.

It was created in 1995 and feels like and older scent with rich amber and orange blossom. One of the scents in my top rotation. I only have about 5 mls left!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Okay, i am going with Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours. This was the one which I found first in the time frame when I searched.

This was one of the first AA range released and I remember clearly when I first smelt it in the store. I love lavender end of, I do not find it relaxing at all I actually get a high from it. LOL I had a quick spray of the LV and it was orgasm!!!!!! The lavender and violet blast I was nearly dancing round the counter in pleasure. I admit to not wearing it often due to the fact its discontinued now and if you do find a bottle on ebay its in three figures.
    DONNA

I have several from the 90ies and I am wearing Dune by Dior for this synch. I bought my first bottle in the 90ies (together with the original Venezia - a lost gem) and have been wearing Dune ever since.

Blog Entries

Boucheron-
    Jaipur Saphir
    Top notes of white peach make
    this exquisite scent sing.

What a great idea going to the wardrobe to get the dates. Why did the rest of us not think about that? Duh.

So, it was interesting actually and I have a few choices. I noticed that several of my L'Artisans were made during that period. I will go for one of them that I haven't worn in absolutely yonks, the sweetly nostaglic Drole de Rose.

Fighting a bit of a sinus headache as we have a storm coming in this evening. Decided on Liz Claiborne's Vivid a soft peachy
    Floral bouquet that veers towards a Chypre floral( especially compared to modern candy fumes).
    Fragrance Omnivore

Margaretha Ley Escada (Original) 1990 and now discontinued. It reminds me of my many trips to Phoenix back then.
    Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Basenotes Plus

Thought it would be nice to sync in something I actually bought and wore in the 90's. Dug out a bottle of Lancome 2000 et une roses. which was released in 1999 and i actually bought it then, retail.
    Other possibilities were Amarige of the super sonic floral notes and Coty's Truly Lace, a drugstore cheapie which top notes have gone off. Neither appealed so I'm going with the roses.
    I find it hilarious that I've acquired more perfume since late 2009 than I had in my entire previous life. LOL
    A Scent Rescuer

What in the world is a gourmand? Does something with a lot of vanillla count? How about Angel? Must google this one and find out before Friday. I did it to myself this time.
    Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Blog Entries

I believe it is a scent that is 'foody'. Like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, banana, orange or anything else you can eat/smell. Frapin 1260 is one that has a strong booze note along with fruit and dates. Angel has a strong chocolate note.
    Last edited by kumquat; 1st April 2014 at 03:21 AM.

I found this which is helpful, gourmand for beginners.

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.co.uk/...ances-for.html
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Parfumerie Generale- Aomassaii ​ has coffee warmed licorice and chocolate accords that are well-blended in a boozy base.

I am posting my synch tonight because I will have a busy morning. I decided to go with Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920. Despite the bizarre name, this unisex gourmand smells NOTHING like sushi, Japanese food, fish, or seaweed. It's a warm, spicy fragrance that smells like apple pie, and mulled cider with a sharp blast of mandarin at the top. It's basically Hermessence Ambre Narguile with a harsh blast of citrus instead of the smooth honey. Even though I think it's best in the fall and winter (i.e., Thanksgiving or Christmas), I also really enjoy wearing it on cool spring days and evenings. It's transparent enough to be worn all year long.

Sushi.jpg

Hi folks. Didn't look at the list until now, but delighted to find that I'm in synch by accident in Angel edt. A gourmand-lite. Hope you're all well.

Well I had a rummage and dug out my large sample of Guerlain Iris Ganache.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

In sync with Jo Malone Lemon Tart, with notes of citrus fruits, verbena, meringue and lemon thyme. This one is so refreshing, I love wearing it. It isn't very long lasting, but who cares when you smell this good!

BRM, I almost reached for Sushi Imperiale too! But instead, I synched with one of my favorite purchases of 2012 - Arquiste Anima Dulcis. This has notes that would seem like a full on gourmand, but yet keeps the sweet down to a most wearable, semi sexy fragrance. Cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon (one of the best renditions of this note that I have found), and chili (which is one reason I was so curious about this fragrance, but it is not really a prominent note to my nose).

Dry spices over a non-sweet vanilla. A dash of very wearable cumin in there, I believe, to sexy it up and add an interesting twist. Love this one to death.

Donna, that article maked really great reading. I like how it defines the genre. Not every note that comes from an item that can be eaten makes for a gourmand, it is all in the execution, the combination. Thank you.

BRM85282 I have long been intrigued by that one! Thank you for the low down on it!

Well guys, Gourmand is my least favourite genre. I have a couple which could be categorized as such but could also be described in different ways, for example Hypnotic Poison could be described as a gourmand, but also as woody, floral, oriental. I wouldn't seek out a gourmand as a fragrance of choice. But in the spirit of the synch I dabbed a little PG Aomassai, which is terrific, hazelnuts, fruit, Frangelica, but not for me. So now I'm In Azuree, which is a sort of reverse synch, because this dame could eat YOU for breakfast!

Angel Thierry Mugler EDP

Lots of Cacoa, carmel and spice

Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Basenotes Plus

Ambre Narguilé Aka apple pie
    A Scent Rescuer

This is my least favorite genre - I'm really picky in this category. The only one I have is Serge Lutens Rahat Loukhoum, which is what I'm wearing today.

Blog Entries

Profumum-
    Acqua Viva
    Lemonade warmed with wood.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I found this which is helpful, gourmand for beginners.

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.co.uk/...ances-for.html
    Thanks for the link. This was most informative. Gourmands are not my favorite but I do like Angel. It gave me an excuse to wear it and I do believe it is a classic. Just wish I didn't smell it everywhere I go. That makes me not want to wear it. I read somewhere it is the best or one of the best selling perfumes in France. Can't remember where I read that.

Betsy
    Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Wore Amarige Marige to the movie Captain America the Winter Soldier ,good action movie,and fruit and candyfloss fragrance was appropriate. My silliagehad died down so freshened up by spritzing Hanae Mori Blue Butterfly for " sweet" dreams.
    Fragrance Omnivore