Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2014

I am wearing the new Wit now. This is going to be great for my husband. He likes florals on me and I have a hard time finding one that we both like. This is tangy lemon and white floral with a greenish note. Perfect! Not powdery.

I will be syncing with Dior Homme Sport (2012 version). I blind bought it a week or two ago on a whim. I was looking for something sporty for the summer, and I really like the original and other flankers, so I was pretty sure I would like it. I've only worn it once before, so I can't really give it a fair review, but I think it's just OK. It's nice and inoffensive with a refreshing ginger blast. I figured that since I will be spending all day Friday in the hospital with my daughter who is recovering from heart surgery, it will be a good choice.

DHS is a good one, particularly the one with the ginger note IMO. Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

Tomorrow I'll be in AbdesSalaam Chilum again, and not complaining about that...speaking of ginger :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BRM85282 View Post
    I will be syncing with Dior Homme Sport (2012 version). I blind bought it a week or two ago on a whim. I was looking for something sporty for the summer, and I really like the original and other flankers, so I was pretty sure I would like it. I've only worn it once before, so I can't really give it a fair review, but I think it's just OK. It's nice and inoffensive with a refreshing ginger blast. I figured that since I will be spending all day Friday in the hospital with my daughter who is recovering from heart surgery, it will be a good choice.

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Good morning, everybody! I am wearing my latest acquisition Bois Farine. I love the peanutty iris note! So glad I got a bottle.

Well my newest has not arrived from the L'Artisan Parfumuer sale (only bought yesterday in their sale), so the one before that is Lanvin Arpege. This is a strange one for me as I keep getting compliments and asked what I am wearing? So in the two weeks since I bought 3 different people, which I may add is a total record for me. LOL
    Last edited by donna255; 27th June 2014 at 12:26 PM.
    DONNA

My latest arrived FB - MAAI by Bogue.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

queen of the universe

Synching in our own rynegne's MadHat scent, SantL.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Jo Malone Silk Blossom which I just purchased yesterday. This is a really nice light, soft, summer fragrance that is perfect for a hot and humid day.

Last edited by BetsyMeszaros; 27th June 2014 at 01:20 PM.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    DHS is a good one, particularly the one with the ginger note IMO. Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

Tomorrow I'll be in AbdesSalaam Chilum again, and not complaining about that...speaking of ginger :-)
    Thanks for the kind words! We actually though we were going to go home today, but she had a rough night last night, so we are going to be here for a little bit longer. We've already been here for a week, but she is a trooper!

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm synching today in Daim Blond. Although I've had this a few months, it is my newest full bottle purchase. Still in love with it!
    Notes: Iris Pallida, apricot kernel, cardamon, musk, heliotrope, hawthorn

BRM85282, I hope your daughter is doing much better today ... sending her some get-well vibes!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post

BRM85282, I hope your daughter is doing much better today ... sending her some get-well vibes!
    Thank you! She did much better today, and we are probably coming home tomorrow morning!

Recently I bought Lust by Lush because of the jasmine note and was wearing it last evening, as I like to in the evenings..

I'm continuing the synch today with Ombre Indigo, my latest decant purchase. I could see myself having a full bottle of this some day, but it's a little down the list ... my wants are so many!

Notes: petit-grain bigarade, absolute tuberose, saffron, plum, vetiver essence, papyrus essence, leather, incense, benzoin resin, amber, musk

Dear all,
    I love this idea of synchronized fridays !
    So last friday I synchronized whit my latest one, Neroli Portofino (oil & edp)

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaricia_ View Post
    Dear all,
    So glad you are enjoying the synch. Last Friday I was planning to wear Neroli Portofino as it was my latest purchase. Plans changed when my husband bought me Jo Malone Silk Blossom on Thursday. Therefore I made NP my SOTD for Sunday. Haven't yet bought a bottle of this but did buy three samples. I'm still exploring neroli as a note. It really is a nice scent.

Most of yesterday was spent trying to identify the citrus notes in my wardrobe for this coming Friday. The synch forces me to learn about new things and expand my knowledge of things I already own. For example, much to my surprise Halston is a chypre. Who knew? Probably every Basenoter on this list except me knew.

Thanks for checking in. I'll go away now.

Betsy
    Betsy
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

My best hot weather citrus scent is....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzw

My best is l'Eau Frappe by IUNX ! Love at first snif ! It will be my future sync, I guess.

I think I'll wear one of my BBW citruses so that I can layer it nicely for a longer lasting effect. Not sure if it'll be White Citrus,Orange Sanguine, or Into the Wild yet. Couldn't sync last week as I was singing on a 100 member living flag about 20 feet up in the air.no perfume on flag .those are the rules.
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 3rd July 2014 at 05:26 AM.
    Fragrance Omnivore

I am thinking I won't be joining tomorrow. I don't do citrus, yes I have perfumes with opening citrus notes which disappear quickly.
    DONNA

I am looking forward to wearing Ormonde Jayne Frangipani. It has a very aromatic and lasting citrus opening. On colder days the citrus note lasts even longer and is the predominating scent.On warmer days the frangipani note plays a major role.

Blog Entries

Profumum- Acqua Viva
    Annick Goutal - Eau D'Hadrien, Nuits D'Hadrien
    come immediately to mind. I'll probably choose from these.

I will by syncing with Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne, one of my favorite citrus fragrances. It's one of the most true to life scents out there, and even though I think it's happy and refreshing, it does make me think about the opening credits of the disturbing American TV show Dexter.

I sync with l'Eau Frappe !

My first Synchronised Friday! What a fun concept. Also gives me an excuse to wear Chanel Eau de Cologne.

Citrus notes? I am not sure if I have any perfume, except Shalimar (the opening) or Eau du Sud? (if I can find that one...)

Thank you so much for the list hoping I am not late, actually I am looking for apple flavor scent because is my favorite from all among of the other scents

Blog Entries

A green apple scent that does fall into the citrus category would be Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue.

I''ll be in my Profumum Acqua Viva. I lately discovered the woody notes in it. Don't know why I never noticed it before. The lemon is so strong, I guess. That one is just Eau D'Hadrien on steroids.

Happy July 4 everyone!

Decided to go with Jo Malone Grapefruit which I am layering over Jo Malone Orange Blossom.

Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Wearing OJ Frangipani today. My daughter sniffed me and asked: "Hmmmm...citrus?" So I guess I did well with the synch.:-)

Sounds like you did very well with the synch.
    Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

I citrus synced by wearing BBW Be Enchanted as it's an American based origins company. ( for the NST wear an American scent Friday sync) so I'm double syncing, or was till I doused myself with Lanvin Orange Ambre early this evening.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyMeszaros View Post
    Sounds like you did very well with the synch.
    Thank you,Betsy! I felt like I was cheating at first, but apparently I wasn't,lol.

I didn't feel like wearing Shalimar again yesterday, today I found a sample of Burberry Brit Sheer and it starts very "citrusy" with yuzu, but it is quite boring in general.

Basenotes Plus

Citrus Synced yesterday with O de Lancome in the day and BYredo Pulp in the evening......
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Favorite flanker? I don't need to think very hard for that one.

Samsara Shine. It's the lush floral sandalwood of Samsara with a fruity ( not frooty!) twist . I LOVE this one and have multi backup of it. And may buy more. If I had to pare down to 10-20 scents it Would be on the list. Might even bump off the list other scents that others consider Holy Grail. (coughShalimarcough)
    Sandalwood jasmine scent bomb is going to be incoming at work tomorrow!
    Fragrance Omnivore

Favorite flanker...

Tough choice for today! I don't know if I have a favorite flanker, but there are several I thought about wearing like Eau Sauvage Parfum, but I have it packed away for the fall. I also thought about wearing La Nuit L'Homme Le Parfum (which I suppose is a flanker of a flanker), but I just wasn't feeling it. I ended up going Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere, which I bought a couple of months ago as a Mother's Day present for my wife. Because of the added citrus, more prominent vetiver, and (slightly) tamed down aldehydes, I think it's masculine enough that a man can easily wear this one without people thinking, "Hey that dude is wearing Chanel No 5!" Even if they did, I don't really care because this one actually smells better on my skin than on my wife's skin, but I would never tell her that!
    Happy Friday!

My favorite flanker is ......

Youth Dew Amber Nude

I almost forgot today's synch. I'll make up for it later with Amarige Special Harvest Mimosa de Grasse 2005. I much prefer this over the original Amarige which I cannot wear at all. I only own two flankers, the other one Shalimar Eau Lgre being my favourite flanker of all times but wore that one earlier this week already.

This was a hard decision. This morning I am wearing the long ago discontinued Chanel No.5 Voile Parfum which is much lighter then the original.

This afternoon will switch to Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere and be twins with BRM85282. The Eau Premiere is very much like the Voile but lasts longer. I just have a sample but this is definitely on my wish list.

Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

I am not taking part, I only own one flanker Shalimar Parfum Initial and not in the mood for it.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaricia_ View Post
    Dear all,
    Hello and welcome! You know, at first glance the synch is just a bit of fun, and it is fun!! But, it also really makes me think about the fragrances in my collection, and sometimes it even gets a little love for one that may have been a little neglected. Our motto......"The Friday synch makes you think"

So, a flanker. Well my most obvious choice, (and perhaps my only choice) is Shalimar Parfum Initial. As I have said many times, I do respect Shalimar but I don't like it, but I love Shalimar Parfum Initial. I would be sorry to see it go.

BRM85282, that sounds great.

Actually me too Donna. It is special to me though, so i will wear it to bed later. Whats happened to my font? I've gone all chunky.

Blog Entries

Foustie, you're very bold today!
    I will probably wear Boucheron - Japur Saphir I believe it's d/c. A 'white' musk floral sweeter than I usually like. But if it's jasmine I'll make an exception. I will look at the notes. It's been forever.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/B...aphir-138.html
    Last edited by kumquat; 11th July 2014 at 06:31 PM.

I'm not sure if this counts as a flanker, but it is a repeat of the orignal's name with a "2" at the end. I'm referring to Comme des Garcons 2. I've never actually tried the original, but CdG 2 is sexy.

Hi everyone! I almost wore No.5 Eau Premiere too! It is a favorite for sure, but I wanted to take advantage of the sync to reach for something I might not have worn as recently…. I never read the motto of the sync day, Foustie“the sync makes you think” I love that! So I am in sync with Hermes Caleche Fleurs de Mediterranee. I haven’t worn this in a while. It does smell very much like Caleche, but with some additional notes to create variation. Caleche is a soapy aldehyde, but to me, it has a certain warmth and cuddliness. To my nose, the Caleche FdM is cooler and drier, with some added florals. I do sense herbs more than the rose and jasmine mentioned as added notes, but the mimosa is there and the violet leaf is also very prominent for me in the beginning stages. I did a quickie search online, but found no mention of artemisia or lavender, but right in the opening I sensed a certain dusty, dry, bitterness— artemisia immediately came to mind, but also dried lavender leaves or the dusty, woody stem of the plant, although no actual lavender *flower* at all. Whatever it was created the feeling of a nice dusty, sweet, herb covered hillside. The mimosa note bloomed nicely after the herbs and violet leaf, and the drydown is growing closer to the original Caleche as I write. So happy I synced today and enjoyed this anew!
    Last edited by cestrum nocturnum; 11th July 2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typos!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Basenotes Plus

Didn't sync during the day but tonight am pulling out Un air de Samsara to catch up. It is hard to choose between flankers but I like this one more than the original Samsara~ yeah, I know that is weird for a Guerlain lover.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I was in synch yesterday (sort of) by wearing Hypnose Senses. It's a flanker in name only, as the original Hypnose and Hypnose Senses are really very different scents.

Hypnose Senses has a really lovely osmanthus note. It is not terribly original, nor groundbreaking but it is a likable, fruit-tinged, honey-ed floral. I received two compliments on it yesterday if that counts for anything.

Notes: Mandarin, Osmanthus, Rose, Honey, Pink pepper, Patchouli, Cistus labdanum, Benzoin, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Picking a fragrance inspired by a favorite TV show, movie or book should be a fun challenge, but I had a hard time picking a favorite character. After going back and forth, I decided to pick something that could have been worn by the intriguing Don Draper from Mad Men. I had a hard time deciding what he would wear, but then I settled on Guerlain's Vetiver. It was introduced in 1959, the same year we were introduced to the characters Mad Men. It's such a classic fragrance-- conservative, distinguished and yet still relevant after all these years. I figured that Don would probably wear it through the series, despite the dramatic changes in style and fashion of the 1960s.

I'll probably end up also wearing the iconic 1960s Eau Sauvage in the evening. I could absolutely Megan Draper buying Don a bottle of this as a gift or something, as it came out in 1966.

queen of the universe

Thinking on this weeks synch. Favorite movie would be "An American in Paris". Leslie Caron would wear Caron, either Fleurs de Rocaille or Acaciosa. I will decide in the morning!'

That was a tough one. One of my favourite films is Forrest Gump but I don't think Forrest would be interested in wearing perfume nor do I think we'd share the same tastes.;-) So I chose Mre et Musc for his Jenny. :-)
    Last edited by lanvinelle; 18th July 2014 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Our motto......"The Friday synch makes you think"
    I just love that......

My all time adoration has to be awarded to Louise Brooks for her style. I think at 19 she might have been wearing Arpege in the day to try and be sophisticated. Then she might have smouldered in the evenings in Tabac Blonde. I'm going to do that too today.
    Last edited by mumsy; 18th July 2014 at 07:48 AM.

Okay, I have a few favourite movies
    Time Bandits
    Rocky Horror
    Princess Bride
    Harvey

TV shows I love my sci fi, history etc.

Had a think, Harvey who is a Puka(Irish animal fairy), and is Elwood's best friend. I think James Stewart who acts Elwood will wear Caron 3rd Man.
    DONNA

Not synched for a while, but will join you today in Tsarina by Ormonde Jayne, inspired by one of my favourite books - Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert Massie.

I love these synchs today. They are all very interesting and clever.

In the film Hannibal, which is glorious not least for director Ridley Scott's beautiful hommage to Florence, and which I have watched countless times, Clarice catches Hannibal the cannibal because of fragrance!! Did you know that?

Hannibal sends Clarice a letter. Clarice realises that the letter is fragranced. They gather a panel of noses who analyse it and track the fragrance to only a few places in the world. It's a really terrific scene for any fragrance lover. They identify "Kentucky Lavender" and ambergris. The clue takes us to Florence where Hannibal is seen on camera sniffing a mouliette in the Santa Maria Novella shop in Via della Scala. Also in the film, the Police Inspectors beautiful wife, Allegra Pazzi has Santa Maria Novella fragrance on her dresser.

So for me today, an absolute pleasure, my old friend, Santa Maria Novella Pot Pourri, perhaps my most beloved fragrance of all.

BRM85282 great choices for the Mad Men character Don Draper.

I too have the Mad Men theme. The Joan Holloway Harris character in Mad Men is brilliantly played by Christina Hendricks. When Joan's roommate asked if she was wearing Shalimar she said yes. She just looks like a Shalimar kind of woman to me. I love her strength and self assuredness. So I'm in my vintage 1950's or 1960's bottle of Shalimar. The top lemon note is almost not there and that's why I loved the old Shalimar so much. The first time I got that overwhelming blast of lemon I knew it had been reformulated. Anxious to see how long this will last on me as this is the first time I have worn this particular version in this specific bottle. (Don't even ask how many bottle of Shalimar I have and I'm not including flankers.)

Betsy
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyMeszaros View Post
    BRM85282 great choices for the Mad Men character Don Draper.

I too have the Mad Men theme. The Joan Holloway Harris character in Mad Men is brilliantly played by Christina Hendricks. When Joan's roommate asked if she was wearing Shalimar she said yes. She just looks like a Shalimar kind of woman to me. I love her strength and self assuredness. So I'm in my vintage 1950's or 1960's bottle of Shalimar. The top lemon note is almost not there and that's why I loved the old Shalimar so much. The first time I got that overwhelming blast of lemon I knew it had been reformulated. Anxious to see how long this will last on me as this is the first time I have worn this particular version in this specific bottle. (Don't even ask how many bottle of Shalimar I have and I'm not including flankers.)

Excellent choice as well! Great minds think alike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very difficult today as I am not sure if I have a favourite character - perhaps Ripley from the Alien films. I am wearing Bal Versailles today and even though one wouldn't imagine Ripley wearing that or inspiring that, it seems to fit on a hot summer day since BV gets smokey and leathery and wouldn't that match the chase scenes in the spacecraft?

I also like Rocky Horror and wonder if BaV would fit Magenta.

Foustie, your description of Hannibal makes me want to see the film again.

Last week, I could not think of a favourite flanker, so it was Secret Obsession - not similar to Obsession at all and I might prefer Obsession - as the only flanker I had at the time and that I could compare to the original.

Oh it's a character. I misread and thought that it was a TV show or a movie. Oh well, same difference, still Hannibal.

Please do Cityaprk, and if you do, drop me a line and tell me what you thought of it.

queen of the universe

Ai! Last night's Maja is still clinging to me, and I love it too much to scrub. My synch will be SOTA, and I'm not in a Leslie Caron mood. So, so many choices! Here's another movie—The Big Lebowski. What would Jeff bridges' character wear? I'm guessing at best he slaps on Menne skin bracer altho one might artfully interpret is ber-slobbiness as ELDO SM-worthy, or even a splash of YSL Kouros. John ("f'n shomer shabbos!") Goodman's? Old Spice. Steve Biscemi? Julianne Moore? The old cowboy dude?

Nevermind, something easier: Marx brothers. Margaret Dumont would most definitely wear Zibeline. yep. Zib it will be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I just love that......

My all time adoration has to be awarded to Louise Brooks for her style. I think at 19 she might have been wearing Arpege in the day to try and be sophisticated. Then she might have smouldered in the evenings in Tabac Blonde. I'm going to do that too today.
    Cool, my avatar, you know. Her famous film was "Pandora's Box". Don't know of any fumes with Pandora reference, though.