Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Lilla Serenella- Lilac from I Profumi di Firenze, any info or thoughts?

http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...oduct_Count=15

I have a few of these IPDF scents and they have been lovely. So when I saw this I got very interested. Feeling impatient, I was thinking of getting it blind. Do any of you know it?

(Any offers to take it off my hands if I don't care for it would be appreciated ;-)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lilla Serenella- Lilac from I Profumi di Firenze, any info or thoughts?

Last edited by 30 Roses; 5th January 2014 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lilla Serenella- Lilac from I Profumi di Firenze, any info or thoughts?

Thanks, I did see this review. There seems to be general enthusiasm. I have also tried Highlander and although it is fairly strong, it just didn't excite me. It's very linear. I guess that's my only problem with it. When I saw this one, I got kind of excited. I'm feeling impatient and have cabin fever. Not feeling like waiting for samples...yada yada....

This looks good, what are the notes?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure, it doesn't mention anything but lilac. It seems like I read somewhere it also had some musk and vanilla in it. But I'm not sure where I found that.

(I might order this Monday if you don't talk me out of it.)
    Last edited by kumquat; 5th January 2014 at 11:52 PM.

I am not a fan of lilac in general. But I've never smelled this one. It sounds quite risky to blind buy something so expensive.

cacio

Splash Bottles Suck

I felt a similar attraction to IPDF's Violetta di Bosco when I saw it, since I'm a lover of violets. There weren't many reviews online, but the ones I could find were all positive. I felt I really couldn't go wrong, but decided to sample first just in case. I ordered a sample from STC only to find I didn't care for it at all. I always think it's best to sample first, but then I am very picky, even when it comes to notes/accords I like. If you already own and like some IPDFs, there may be less risk blind-buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Well, maybe I can find something to order and qualify for some free samples.

Rarely is a lilac fume not to my liking and I am always happy to see a lilac based scent. But I'd probably sample first, if possible. I mean, it could be heavy on the vanilla or whatever, who knows.

What are your favorite lilac scents, Kumquat?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

That's just it, I can't really think of one. There's nothing that comes close to the real thing.

Perfumeshrine had some posts on lilacs. She seems to appreciate them more than I do.

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/search?q=lilac

cacio

Blog Entries

Thanks, Cacio. I'll have to check my samples. I think I've tried those. The Highland is the best, most realistic although it's a bit boring and flat. It needs something. (Maybe I'll try some of Profumo's magic elixir!) the other two; Malle and Ineke are so faint they are just annoying. Like the Emperor with no clothes. (As I recall).

Now you're talking Kumquat! I'd like me a lilac bomb, no doubt!

I tried this soap recently, haven't tried the fume, but it's Desir Lilas, something like that, by Yves Rocher..not bad. I thought I ordered the fume but got the soap, lol.

French Lilac by Pacifica is alright, have you tried that one?

I find Highland a bit too sweet and not enough lilac.
    Last edited by kalli; 6th January 2014 at 01:11 AM.

Blog Entries

No, I haven't tried those. I'll have to see if I can get samples.

Kumquat, you can have my Pacifica sample and I can make you up a bit of the liquid soap to try LOL. I can though. Pm me your addy if you would like.
    Last edited by kalli; 6th January 2014 at 02:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Hey thanks, I will!

Hi everyone,

I've just recently discovered lilac so will be following this thread with much interest. I was given a bottle of Guerlinade for Christmas and it has a stunning lilac accord. I discovered purplebirds review on the directory which describes it very well. I'm wondering how difficult it is to come to given it is discontinued limited edition etc etc but if you can seek it out itís worth a sniff. Kalli I think you would love this one, is a beautifully done floral and lilac bomb.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Oh boy...I need to try it! There is an actual perfume called Guerlainade? I thought that was a term. Where did they find it, you know?
    Last edited by kalli; 6th January 2014 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Oh boy...I need to try it! There is an actual perfume called Guerlainade? I thought that was a term. Where did they find it, you know?
    I thought it was only a term to but apparently it was made in 1998 to mark 170 years of the house of Guerlain, then was available in the bee bottle before being discontinued? Maybe need some Guerlainistas can verify this. It was Christmas gift. I'll see if I can find the photo I posted on one of the SotD threads, it's a curvy bottle. I think it was bought off a collector (it was Christmas and I was a bit jolly so can't remember all that clearly ). I was speechless when I received it. It was still sealed in the original cellophane with the commemorative book.

It really is a stunning lilac, like you buried your nose into the most divine bunch of spicy purple blooms. It's not very 'Guerlain' if you know what I mean but I've not come across anything that compares to the lilac accord in this one. The only place I can think to get it is on eBay and I haven't looked because I don't want to know how much was paid. Maybe try some of the decant sites to see if they may have a sample?

-----Update------

I just checked, it was bought from a collector and it was his last bottle.
    Last edited by Xscent; 6th January 2014 at 05:59 AM.

Blog Entries

It sounds like you were indeed lucky this Christmas! I don't dare get my hopes up. But thanks for the info. I'll be on the look out.

Blog Entries

Xscent, I looked on EBay, the last 2 were $267 & $350. There are 2 available now that are closer to $700, so that's looking grim. You got a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Xscent, I looked on EBay, the last 2 were $267 & $350. There are 2 available now that are closer to $700, so that's looking grim. You got a good deal!

Goodness Kumquat! Very lucky it seems and grim indeed. Will have to send my godfather a very nice thank you note.

I think my chances of a back up bottle are pretty slim. Given the availability (or lack of!) Iím more than happy to send you a sample of Guerlinade if you would like to sniff (kalli you too) though Iím going to absolve myself of any enabling responsibilities if you fall for it. Just PM me.

Blog Entries

How kind of you. I will take you up on that. It will be interesting to do a comparison.

Xscent, how nice of you to offer that.

My pleasure ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Xscent, how nice of you to offer that.
    kalli look forward to your take on this one and let me know re: others I'll post out this week as I'm off on holidays next week.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    How kind of you. I will take you up on that. It will be interesting to do a comparison.

A compariosn would be great. It would be interesting at some stage to do a sample pass based on certain favourite notes. I'll get yours out this week.

Blog Entries

Well, I've decided to order some Anne Pliska creme and samples from Luscious Cargo. So in 7-10 days we'll know if I like this Lilac stuff. Geeze, it is like pulling teeth, isn't it?

Blog Entries

Kalli was kind enough to send me her sample of Pacifica- French Lilac. It's so realistic and reasonable, on the website, only $22! I might not even wait for my other samples. You can never have too many good lilacs.

Blog Entries

Yay! Trying my Lilla Serenella ​sample now. So far it's really light and 'open' if that makes sense. I suppose you could call this a white lilac. I'm really liking it. As long as it doesn't fade away into nothing, it's a winner.

Later, it's drying mellow and sweet. A keeper.
    Last edited by kumquat; 15th January 2014 at 07:16 PM.

Blog Entries

The Lilla went through a flat, soapy stage but now it is back, sweet again!

Blog Entries

I'm back with an update. My Lilla is not as powerfully lilac as I'd hoped. I plan to add to the effect with a shot of French Lilac by Pacifica. which is on their website for only $17.50 now! I really like it although it's a TINY bit sweet. So the two together should be perfect. Fingers crossed!

Blog Entries

Pacifica French Lilac has arrived. I've also added the lotion. This is perfect with Lila. I'm finally happy.

Oh, very nice Kumquat, glad to hear!

I did try that Guerlainaide, thanks again so much Xscent, I got a very nice, white lilac. A good lilac scent it is indeed.