Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default strawberrynet.com -100% trustworthy?

I have bought som bottles from this company several times, but lately I have received som stuff that I can see the cellofan has been opened.. is this company 100% trustworthy?

Default Re: strawberrynet.com -100% trustworthy?

I've only used them a few times. No problems so far.

I attempted to use them once. It was a complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Could you please elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Could you please elaborate?
    Yes, what happened?

No problems for me with multiple orders.

Also never experienced order problems with them.

(2665)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I tried to buy a GPH2 from them since the "sale" price was much cheaper than anyone at the time. I placed the order and got a confirmation for an "aftershave". I looked back at the site, and i definitely was looking at the EDT. I tried to call them and none of their phone #'s worked, and they were international. No 800 #'s. I didn't even realize they were in another country before i ordered.

So i took to emailing. I basically told them that their site has an error, and if they can't send me an EDT, i want a refund. They told me it is indeed an error, and they cannot cancel my order. I then got into a huge blow out argument with them. This all happened within maybe 1 hour of me placing my order, so theres no way that they already started the shipping process.
    After hours of back and forth, they cancelled my order. 2 weeks later, i received a refund.

Had i known that this company is located in China, i never would have bothered to begin with.

I have used them multiple times with no problem. Once the sent the wrong product, a Creed. I sent them a picture and they sent the right one. They have also reimbursed me twice for customs charges.

I'm so loyal I get the 10% discount each order.

Never had an issue in over 20 purchases.
    Renato

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ordered twice with no issues

I'd rather use fragrance net and get 20% off each time
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

I have used them many times and found them to be the best site for fragrance and other products that I purchased online. Sometimes other sites may be a bit cheaper, but reliability and customer service has always been great in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    I'd rather use fragrance net and get 20% off each time
    Yeah, but FragranceNet doesn't have Byredo, L'Occitane (expensive in Oz - $52 a bottle for you, but $70 a bottle for us), Truefitt & Hill, Mens Penhaligons or Clive Christian, to name but a few.

StrawNet also has a great range of wetshaving products - I get my Acqua di Parma shaving cream through them when they have a special, as well as eShave, Caswell Massey (ok their shaving creams and soaps suck, but their aftershaves are good), and Jack Black.

They also offer far better shipping prices for those of us outside the US, and I regularly get 25% off their stock.

Some of their daily specials (they started them toward the back end of last year) are insanely good, too. I picked up 100mL of Hammam Bouquet for about $60 shipped.

Same good experience wih me.

Positive experience

I have used strawberrynet them several times and have always been happy.

USAfamm: How do you always get 20% off of fragrancenet?

Thanks.

Hi!
    Please note that this thread is being moved to the Shopping section.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    USAfamm: How do you always get 20% off of fragrancenet?

Thanks.
    There is always a 20% off code running at FragranceNet that can be obtained from the site itself.
    They use cookies on their site so it's only visible to new visitors to the site, or those that have cleared their cookies. Return visitors will only ever see the 15% off coupon.

Just jump on retailmenot.com and search for fragrancenet. It will provide the current 20% off code without having to clear your cookies.

They currently have a 21% off code running, which can be found at retailmenot.

Learn something new everday. Thanks for that info Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    There is always a 20% off code running at FragranceNet that can be obtained from the site itself.
    They use cookies on their site so it's only visible to new visitors to the site, or those that have cleared their cookies. Return visitors will only ever see the 15% off coupon.

Just jump on retailmenot.com and search for fragrancenet. It will provide the current 20% off code without having to clear your cookies.

Last edited by sjg3839; 6th January 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Have availed myself of that recently. Good deal. Now only if they would speed up their delivery times!

(2721)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you!

I ordered from them for the first time a couple of days ago and its a complete mess. I tried to purchase Chanel Egoiste and everything seemed to be good until they sent me an email this morning asking me to fax over a recent copy of a utility payment, hydro or whatever so that I can prove that I am the legitimate buyer of the product as they said it's a "security protocol". I called my credit card company and they directly sent me to the frauds and investigations unit and the person notified me that they detected a fraud with the purchase and that it seems the company is illegitimate and not to provide them with any more information. The person said to request to them to cancel the purchase and get my money back. Strawberry net hasn't processed my order yet and have another couple of days to do so until the credit card company freezes the account and they won't be able to carry out the transaction. If they carry out the order despite my request to cancel then an investigation will have to take place. They also said the fact that they are based in China isn't a good sign either. They said there may be the slight possibility that they are legitimate and are doing this because they may have gotten burned a few times from other people but that's sort of far fetched.

There goes my Egoiste and chance of ever using Stawberry net again.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    They also said the fact that they are based in China isn't a good sign either. They said there may be the slight possibility that they are legitimate and are doing this because they may have gotten burned a few times from other people but that's sort of far fetched.
    Why would that be far fetched? That's exactly what's happening here. They're a completely legitimate company.

Blog Entries

It sounds completely wacky to me. Since when do they ask for personal verification such as proof of residence (electric bill, etc.) on a simple credit card transaction? I smell a huge rat.

Sometimes banks do seriously stupid things - I had my a/c frozen once because they thought that my card had been stolen due to a debit for the London Congestion Charge, plus iTunes & another that they reckoned combined on one day were a stolen card signal.
    In this case, someone's reputation is being questioned.

Blog Entries

Maybe it's something they do if you try to ship to a post office box. I don't think they will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    It sounds completely wacky to me. Since when do they ask for personal verification such as proof of residence (electric bill, etc.) on a simple credit card transaction? I smell a huge rat.
    Strange that you're on Basenotes, because it seems your sense of smell is off. Credit card fraud is on the rise, small companies like this need to take measures to protect themselves, that's all. If you've already given them your CC information, then what's the harm in sending them a utility bill as well? What's the worst that can happen, they pay your utility bill for you?

Blog Entries

Who knows what they are up to. I keep getting more and more sales calls every time I use my credit card. I figure the less they know about me the better.

I'm not comfortable with giving away a utility bill for example, there's no reason they would need that, it's not like it's a huge purchase either. My company said they were going to call me regardless today because they detected something suspicious, they only notify me if they think it's serious.

I know many of you have had a good experience with Strawberry net and I hope this situation gets sorted out for me, but I'm just stating whats going on with my personal experience with this company to let others out there know.

Blog Entries

It seems as if they may know something we don't. Maybe it's easy to hack into utility bills and find social security numbers. Who knows?

Basenotes Plus

kumquat, I get phone calls or e-mails quite often from my credit card companies when purchasing overseas. I do not find it unusual for them to call me. Their transaction systems pick it up as unusual or suspicious activity. It is a safeguard for both them and myself. Many times I will call the credit card company in advance to let them know of an overseas purchase so they can notate it in thier systems to avoid the e-mail or phone call.

In regards to strawberry.net, ask the members in Asia or South Pacific what they feel about them, their service and validity. You will find they have a very positive following.

The reason they are asking for some sort of ID is the same reason the CC companies may flag an unusual purchase, to protect themselves.

Even in the US, you sometimes have to provide a utility bill to prove who you are and that you are indeed the person living at that address, so I do not find this unusual.

What I find unusual, is the CC company telling me they will freeze my account if I do not cancel what was a legitimate purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    What I find unusual, is the CC company telling me they will freeze my account if I do not cancel what was a legitimate purchase.
    Wow -that does sound a bit extreme.

(3036)

Blog Entries

Truly, the only time I've ever had to provide a utility bill was when I went to get my driver's license renewed. I have, however , had my CC number stolen. The CC co called and questioned us about a suspiciously large charge- out of state. I'm glad they did because it wasn't us and it was a state we've never set foot in. Maybe the CC co has some problem with this transaction and they need to freeze it for some reason.

Strawberry net ended up cancelling my order and so this whole thing is pretty much done with now. The CC was just being extra cautious I presume, but I still just find it weird that Strawberry net asked for a utility bill or if I wanted to then a picture of my passport or drivers license to show I'm the legitimate buyer would apparently be fine, which I think is absurd.

I don't doubt many of you had a good experience with them, and that's great but I'd rather be safe than sorry, especially since this was my first attempt from ordering with them, seemed fishy to me and so did my CC company. In the end, it's not a big deal really, it's not some grand purchase being made here where this was my only way of obtaining the product, I'll find Egoiste elsewhere. I was simply stating my first encounter with Stawberry net, seeing that this is a thread dedicated to the websites legitimacy, I thought I'd share some info and see what you all thought.

Thanks for the responses folks.

Blog Entries

That is certainly weird. It sounds like they are just going koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs over there. Sure, it's perfectly reasonable to fax them a picture of your passport picture....if you're adopting a child, maybe! Wow!

Utility bill would provide address verification, e.g. they are shipping the product to you and not someone else. Most companies have to eat any fraudulent charges and maybe Strawberrynet has been bitten a lot lately.

Blog Entries

It seems odd though, all my billing information and CC info is linked. If it is different because I'm sending a gift, maybe that's another issue. This verification, though doesn't really add up. It's the bank's problem, isn't it? And they put verification numbers on the cards for that reason.

It seems odd though, all my billing information and CC info is linked. If it is different because I'm sending a gift, maybe that's another issue. This verification, though doesn't really add up. It's the bank's problem, isn't it? And they put verification numbers on the cards for that reason.
    Evidently, it's not the bank's problem, as it seems they've been passing the buck to the retailer (in this case strawberrynet). They've just lost canuck21's business because of this, do you think they want to have to perform address verification? Their hand has been forced.

When a credit card is defrauded, all the info that is linked to the card goes along with it. That's why strawberrynet has to verify your address through another source i.e. a drivers license, utility bill etc.

If you owned a business that was constantly losing money to credit card fraud, wouldn't you want to put something in place to protect yourself from that? There's nothing koo-koo or unreasonable about it. It's actually very easy to understand why they do this.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 15th January 2014 at 03:57 AM.

Their prices in sterling are a joke. RRP is actually cheap compared to what they are charging for say Serge Lutens. Example ú100+ when I can buy it in my local House of Fraser for ú68!

I only ordered once way back and used the US version and it was make up which worked out cheaper. But on a few beauty boards people reported the MAC make up was fake. After that most stopped buying MAC from them.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Evidently, it's not the bank's problem, as it seems they've been passing the buck to the retailer (in this case strawberrynet). They've just lost canuck21's business because of this, do you think they want to have to perform address verification? Their hand has been forced.

When a credit card is defrauded, all the info that is linked to the card goes along with it. That's why strawberrynet has to verify your address through another source i.e. a drivers license, utility bill etc.

If you owned a business that was constantly losing money to credit card fraud, wouldn't you want to put something in place to protect yourself from that? There's nothing koo-koo or unreasonable about it. It's actually very easy to understand why they do this.
    I thought Credit Cards were supposed to be convenient forms of credit for the card holders. So what if I'm traveling? Now every time I want to use my card am I supposed to have a recent utility bill or a current passport to show? Access to a fax machine so I can charge on the Internet?

It seems unlikely that a Credit Card thief would buy an item and ship it to the Card holder's address. Naturally they would ship to a different address. Wouldn't that be a red flag?
    Last edited by kumquat; 15th January 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Jive, I see your point and understand that being a relatively small company results in taking measures that ensures a safe and legitimate transaction. But I do think having to provide something like a passport, driver's licence or utility bill is a bit absurd, regardless of what one thinks, it's personal information that is being given about my identity and or personal life. It's a purchase of a fragrance here folks. I don't hold blame the CC company here in this case, they were simply being cautious and I appreciate that as I thought that was strange when Strawberry net sent me that email. Strange though that no one else has seen a similar experience here.

Fair enough Canuck! I apologize for the tone of my previous comments. I hope you find a bottle of Egoiste elsewhere from a company you're comfortable dealing with. I actually got an authentic tester bottle on eBay a couple years back.

All good Jive you were just stating your case! I actually found a Canadian website selling Egoiste with free shipping so I think I'll give them a try. I was thinking Ebay also but maybe next time

Once again, love this site because I was just considering using Strawberry.net for a purchase. Will post results

Blog Entries

Revisiting this conversation, I have made some purchases elsewhere. I have always simply used my credit card without a hitch or Paypal. These are sites like; ​Lusciuos Cargo, LuckyScent, & Creed.

Revisiting this conversation, I have made some purchases elsewhere. I have always simply used my credit card without a hitch or Paypal. These are sites like; ​Lusciuos Cargo, LuckyScent, & Creed.
    What's important is that you feel comfortable
    with your credit transactions so it's good that you shop at places that put your mind at ease.

(3518)

For me it is 100% trustworthy, never had a problem. All my orders were original and in good packaging.
    I ordered a lot of times cosmetics and perfumes as well, and always was lovely experience.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koky View Post
    For me it is 100% trustworthy, never had a problem. All my orders were original and in good packaging.
    I ordered a lot of times cosmetics and perfumes as well, and always was lovely experience.
    And this just happens to be your first and only post? Pardon me while I do business elsewhere.

In 2004 I bought a few fragrances from str.net which did not create problems. Soon after, they stopped shipping to Germany. I blame this to some awkward stipulations in our import law concerning dangerous goods. So far, I can accept this. But whenever I want to visit their website, I get a message window "access denied".

From their ads I can, however, see the prices they take for the diverse perfumes. They strike me very often as ridiculously high. If I bought the scents with local retailers, they were cheaper.

So all in all I find them rather fishy.

And this just happens to be your first and only post? Pardon me while I do business elsewhere.
    Yes, It was my first because I am a new member here, but it will not be my only post dear.
    I just commented on the topic from my experiment and of course all are free to order from any other site.

I have found that their shipping time and method was a bit bizarre. The products which were sent out from Hong Kong were routed through Stockholm, Sweden prior to crossing the Atlantic to the US and stayed a few days there. I know this because I was following the tracking number given. When I inquired about this in an e-mail, I was told that they have a "hub center" there where certain products "transition" before continuing on their journey to the destination. Really had no idea what that meant. About 3 and a half weeks later, I got my product. I found it to be a hassle. My last purchase in early January was my final one from them.

Koky: your first post on basenotes must at least mention Creed Aventus. Please return when you're ready to talk about more pertinent issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Icy_Lips View Post
    I have never faced problems with them so far and I always recommend this company to my friends.
    Another new member quick to praise Strawberrynet.

Huh.

Blog Entries

And. 2/3 of the new posts are about 'Strawberry Net'!

What about all the veteran members who've vouched for the company in this thread? Do their testimonies not matter?

Maybe, in some countries, strawberry.net is a good choice (- no idea, possibly depends on the nature of the product purchased) but new members are sometimes intimidated by some of the discussion threads so it shouldn't be surprising if they feel that they'd like to initially post on a topic on which they're happy expressing an opinion.

In an ideal world, we'd try to make them feel welcome and hope that they become a part of the community.

Blog Entries

If a company wants to insure a good steady clientele, it is best they continue to perform at the top levels and meet customer's expectations. Competition is inherent in business. If people aren't satisfied, they'll try somewhere else.

I wasn't trying to put down any of the new members. I just find it strange that some create an account to quickly give good credit to a company thats been getting some negative press lately and then pretty much disappear and not become active on the boards. Not saying theres anything wrong with that, just strange.

Strawberrynet needs to get they're act together. It appears some get good service, others not, that's not how a company builds a strong reputation.

Yes, this does happen on quite a few forums. Complaints about the a site and suddenly all these newbies pop up and rave how fabulous said company is. Strangely they never post again.
    DONNA