Code of Conduct

Default Davidoff The Game 'intense' version

Anyone tried this yet? It's quite new in the stores.

I sampled it very briefly today and was pleasantly surprised - a rich, sweet, fuzzy enveloping thing in a very nice bottle. It stood out. I'm going back for another try soon as I haven't made my mind up.

Any other impressions here...?
    Last edited by Spoombung; 6th January 2014 at 11:40 PM.

Default Re: Davidoff The Game 'intense' version

I've had my eye on this and the original version. Would like to hear from others also! And curious what you thought of the lasting power and projection, was it good enough to be called "intense"?!

I have the original which I like, but have yet to see the Intense version out in stores or available yet for purchase in my area.

(2730)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't think the original did well in the U.S.
    It might just be an overseas release

My first post, been looking through the forum over the last few weeks though trying to find some new fragrances to sample, I own both the original & the intense, I'm not keen on the intense version but I really like the original.

Very nice fragrance. On my wishlist
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Quote Originally Posted by del8oy78 View Post
    My first post, been looking through the forum over the last few weeks though trying to find some new fragrances to sample, I own both the original & the intense, I'm not keen on the intense version but I really like the original.
    Any reason for that?

Just my taste I guess, the original game to me smells fresh & I don't have another fragrance that smells like it.

First time hearing about the intense version. Is this being sold in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Hasn't made an appearance across the Atlantic yet, at least I haven't seen it in the usual places that carry Davidoff scents.

(2749)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    I am sure it will be at the discounters if it does come here.

One can hope!

(2751)

Hmm got to try it again today. Very nice but still not convinced, there a generic sweetness to it, it's spicier on first spray but longevity isn't great. I will be going back for another test soon.

This is how you should do it, all you blind buyers out there. Listen to an old pro: test thoroughly before ANY purchase! :-)

Not rushing to try this. Davidoff, Kinder Surprise toy bottle...

The Game Intense is one of the most wonderful surprises of 2013. An opulent strong fragrance with echo of the classics. I smell something leathery inside, a mix of burnt woods (quite oud-y), a big amount of patchouli and leather. The atmospere of the fragrance reminds of TF Tuscan Leather (they are not similar, but share the same mood) and everything from the oud genre. This one has a niche quality, so I highly recommend at least to try it.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 8th January 2014 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    The Game Intense is one of the most wonderful surprises of 2013. An opulent strong fragrance with echo of the classics. I smell something leathery inside, a mix of burnt woods, a big amount of patchouli and leather. The atmospere of the fragrance reminds of TF Tuscan Leather (they are not similar, but share the same mood). This one has a niche quality, so I highly recommend at least to try it.
    Thanks for sharing your observations on this Anton.Sounds nice.

(2759)

The Game Intense is one of the most wonderful surprises of 2013. An opulent strong fragrance with echo of the classics. I smell something leathery inside, a mix of burnt woods, a big amount of patchouli and leather. The atmospere of the fragrance reminds of TF Tuscan Leather (they are not similar, but share the same mood). This one has a niche quality, so I highly recommend at least to try it.
    Yes, thank you very much for the insight!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

It sounds better than nice..
    What was the price tag if you recall AntonPan?

Never tried the original. This sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    I am sure it will be at the discounters if it does come here.
    There is no plan to extend the Davidoff line in the United States it will show up in discount stores in the internet

Tried it for the third time. First blast is gorgeous, full and enveloping...then within 5 minutes it acquires a drier, spicier aroma like red berries. Reminds me slightly of Spicebomb without all that ghastly cinnamon. It's pleasantly non-powdery. NOT impressed with the longevity though - around two hours.

Still not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Tried it for the third time. First blast is gorgeous, full and enveloping...then within 5 minutes it acquires a drier, spicier aroma like red berries. Reminds me slightly of Spicebomb without all that ghastly cinnamon. It's pleasantly non-powdery. NOT impressed with the longevity though - around two hours.

Still not sure.
    Comparably priced to the original? Got the original at Duty free in July of last year.

(2798)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Comparably priced to the original? Got the original at Duty free in July of last year.

(2798)
    Not sure. Hmmm, I think it was £31 for a 40ml and £55 for a 100ml. Something like that. It didn't strike me as particularly expensive.

It reminds me of something else. It's driving me nuts. Just can't think of it at the moment...

...and I don't mean the original!

Not sure. Hmmm, I think it was £31 for a 40ml and £55 for a 100ml. Something like that. It didn't strike me as particularly expensive.
    Thanks. Sounds about right.

(2800)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Champion and Hot Water Night did terrible in sales in the U.S.
    I am sure this played a part in the their decision.

Hot Water Night came out in the US??? I've been waiting/looking for that fragrance for MONTHS! Where can it be had?? Perhaps you meant the original "Hot Water", and not the flanker...
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    Hot Water Night came out in the US??? I've been waiting/looking for that fragrance for MONTHS! Where can it be had?? Perhaps you meant the original "Hot Water", and not the flanker...
    Never saw Hot Water Night available by any discount online retailer in the US. I did see it overseas in Duty Free though.

(2803)

It reminds me of something else. It's driving me nuts. Just can't think of it at the moment...
    Good or bad reminder ?
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    Good or bad reminder ?
    It's like one of those 'Black' fragrances - y'know Black XS, Black, as in heavy and sweet. That sort of thing. Neither a good nor bad reminder. Just slight indifference.

By the way I must admit this one would be loved for those who admire the oud genre. The woody note reminds here of oud, at whole the fragrance is oud-y and patchoulish. I bought it for 50$ for 40 ml, the price is 10% higher than for the regular version.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 8th January 2014 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    I saw a 2.5 oz Hot Water Night at my local TJ Maxx. But, when I went back for it the next day it was gone. It was only 19.99.. I am still pretty bummed out about it.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I saw a 2.5 oz Hot Water Night at my local TJ Maxx. But, when I went back for it the next day it was gone. It was only 19.99.. I am still pretty bummed out about it.
    Now that's very surprising. I'll be making the local rounds now to see if this shows itself near me. Thanks for the info.

(2813)
    Last edited by hednic; 8th January 2014 at 09:48 PM.

By the way I must admit this one would be loved for those who admire the oud genre. The woody note reminds here of oud, at whole the fragrance is oud-y and patchoulish. I bought it for 50$ for 40 ml, the price is 10% higher than for the regular version.
    Yep, I'd agree with that, it will appeal to oud and patchouli fans.

Debenhams have it half price at the moment, so I got a bottle.

Debenhams have it half price at the moment, so I got a bottle.
    Congrats at getting it at a great price! Still looking for it in my area.