Code of Conduct

Default Al-Rehab and Rose Accord Question (particularly Declaration D'Un Soir or Stella McCartney)

Hi all,
    I tried searching but couldn't find any threads specifically dealing with this. I also wasn't sure in which section this would be most appropriate to be posted.
    I've recently come across Al-Rehab perfume oils. The only one I've purchased so far is Khaliji, which I enjoy a lot.
    Many of them either have rose in the name, or reviewers list rose in their impressions, which was the case of Khaliji. However, I'm trying to find a scent which is predominantly that kind of "bright," citrusy rose of D'Un Soir, Stella McCartney or Eau de Pamplemousse Rose, rather than the rose water smell of Tea Rose (which I adore, but I already have a large bottle of it).
    I smell it slightly in Khaliji, especially if any is still on me when I shower, but it's really hidden behind the other notes. Rather, I'm looking for something which is more of a rose based scent, like the ones I mentioned (especially the D'un Soir)

Can anyone give me recommendations? It'd be most appreciated.

Thank you!
    Last edited by jeremyn; 12th January 2014 at 11:58 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Al-Rehab and Roses Question (particularly Declaration D'Un Soir or Stella McCartney)

Hi & welcome, jeremyn!

We'll move the thread to Male Fragrance as that may be a more suitable place.

Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Al-Rehab and Roses Question (particularly Declaration D'Un Soir or Stella McCartney)

There's some info on loads of rosy stuff here in the meantime, jeremyn.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-nomine-Part-2

Awesome, thanks!
    I'm still trying to learn about the different roses. I remember being really surprised when I discovered that D'un Soir and some other fragrances were rose based, as it smelled very different that the type of roses which I was accustomed to (namely rose water, ie the Tea Rose)

Basenotes Plus

Good luck - it's a very popular theme so there's plenty around and there do seem to be far more interesting & bolder treatments these days.
    The Malle line has a few, Lutens, Tauer, so many to choose from.

Default Re: Al-Rehab and Rose Accord Question (particularly Declaration D'Un Soir or Stella McCartney)

I edited the title so I can ask another question.
    What kind of rose is present in the fragrances like D'Un Soir, Stella and ones like that? I can't find anything specific through the searches. I just see "rose," but I don't really know what that means. Are they Bulgarian rose accords? They don't smell anything like the Tea Rose or rose water. Knowing the distinction would make blind buys a lot easier, whether they're just cheap oils or more expensive fragrances.

Default Re: Al-Rehab and Rose Accord Question (particularly Declaration D'Un Soir or Stella McCartney)

Like Ipp mentioned, the house of Frederic Malle has some excellent Rose scents right up your alley. Its not easy finding a good rose these days without any Oud in it. But Malle has 2 of my favorites. Portrait of a Lady and Une Rose.

Khaliji is actually a pretty decent perfume. It smells similar to Rose 31. That is before Rose 31 turns into a Vetiver and Musk bomb.

Welcome to Basenotes!