Code of Conduct

Default Best unscented deodorant?

Hey there,

I currently use some cheap drugstore deodorant and sometimes it clashes with my fragrances. I am wondering what you guys think the best kind of unscented deodorant is. Thanks!

Default Re: Best unscented deodorant?

Most will say Mitchum power gel, but it leaves my armpits smelling funky at the end of the day. I prefer scented deodorant because they mask any B.O. but aren't strong enough to overpower anything else you're wearing.

I just use Arrid unscented. Not the best by far, but it works and is readily accessible.

(2744)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post
    Hey there,

I currently use some cheap drugstore deodorant and sometimes it clashes with my fragrances. I am wondering what you guys think the best kind of unscented deodorant is. Thanks!
    If you use the generic stuff- anything would be an upgrade

Speed Stick unscented makes my armpits break out in rashes. I use Old Spice Playmaker. It's one of their less scented deodorants.

4 oz Thai deodorant sticks from Amazon...all natural alum crystal and great as a non scented odor causing bacteria killer...cheap and a stick lasts for a long time unless you drop and break it

Another great all natural deo which almost fully unscented (very light smell of wheat to my nose) is Primal Pit Paste in their small glass tubs...full of natural goodies and good enough to eat :-) also available from Amazon or their website direct

Both are great for taking care of BO but also great for using frags

No bad smelling pits after using these :-)

Tried the Lush Charcoal deo powder also but on my skin it started smelling like skunk had fa**ted! Had to go and scrub it off in the mall bathroom

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by blackheart2925; 7th January 2014 at 05:55 PM.

I use Old Spice. Last all day and doesn't make my arm pits break out.

Would also add two popular and moderately priced German brands of unscented deodorants: Bekra Mineral and Hydrofugal.

Had extremely good experience especially with Bekra Mineral so far. Their unscented male range had very good results and, apart from not interfering with my fragrance, lasted an impressive number of hours during temperatures of 30 deg. Celsius and beyond.

Basenotes Plus

Strong enough for a man but made for a woman.
    Secret is the best out there.
    And I'm a man

Aramis Lab Series stick is the best and most expensive. Clinque stick is good and a bit cheaper.

Mitchum roll-on and spray are very good (just remember to shake the can).

In fact - they're all good - just check the women's section for unscented local brands, the aluminium salt ingedients are very similar.

But if you shower before going to bed, just apply any scented 24 hour or 48 hour antiperspirant, and the scent will be long gone by the time you get up, but the antiperspirant will keep working nicely.

Oh - and those natural crystal deodorants which are basically alum blocks work fine for 10 or so hours, though the Potassium Alum ones are better in that more of the salts come off with one swipe, whereas the Ammonium Alum needs several swipes to get the same effect.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 29th January 2014 at 10:39 PM.

Timely question. My deodorant recently became ineffective and I need to change it up. I'm not really stinking, but my sweating has increased.

Basenotes Plus

I've been using a deodorant from Men Science that I found over the New Year in NY and it works well. A bit expensive at $19 and so far has lasted me 4-5 weeks. Otherwise, I was recommended, by a friend in the UK, something called PitRok. Haven't tried it, though. Both are 'fragranceless'/odorless.

Brands that I like in unscented are arrid, sure, mitchum. All are cheap and work well.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I use Old Spice Pure Sport deodorant. Its not unscented but it works fine. No antipersants from me.... that stuff is horrible on the skin

I've had the same dilemma, for some time now. Here are my findings:

- All Natural Aluminum Body Stick - worked great for the first day, now every time I open it, it smells like B.O. I asked my girl what she thought of the deodorant? She replied by saying "What deodorant?"

- Mitchum Uncented Roll-On Deodorant - long ago this used to be a main workhorse, for me. However, a couple years ago I believe they went through a reformulation; because, now it leaves my armpits all sticky and stains my white undershirts.

- Right Guard Total Defense Power Gel - This stuff is the bomb! I'm wearing it now, just worked for nine hours, and still can't smell any B.O. It doesn't stain my shirts: and, it is a truly unscented deodorant. It can be hard to find. Amazon has a six pack for $24.

I use 'Salt of the Earth' Spray.

Reading off the bottle: No Aluminium Chlorohydrate, no fragrance, no alcohol and no Parabens and no fragrance.

It is made from mineral salts, Aloe Vera and Honeysuckle extract.

Here in Britain there is a chain health store called Holland & Barrett and this is where I found it about five years ago.

I think that it is a very good product indeed and cannot imagine anything better, maybe there is, perhaps someone will say.
    Last edited by kinghamhouse; 27th February 2014 at 07:29 PM.