Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 7 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a super day!

Gin & Lime - Pell Wall.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 7 January, 2014.

Good morning all!

Wearing Noa by Cacharel.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mark Birley Charles Street EDP

Blog Entries

Morning all!

l'm off into town today to run a couple of errands, hopefully dodging the hailstorms, & wearing Habanita.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Afternoon All,

Fumerie Turque today (with a smudge of Miller Harris' Fleurs de Sel on my arm for testing).

Best to everyone.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling PdE Eau Suave this cold SE Florida morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hello everyone.
    [SIZE=5]
    First things first.......a belated but no less sincere HIP HIP HURRAY Happy Birthday Jon. It sounds like you had a terrific day. Safe home now and we will see you back in blighty soon.

I'm house twins with 'im up there ^^^^^^ in Feuilles de Tabac.
    Last edited by Foustie; 7th January 2014 at 11:55 AM.

Good morning, good smelling people!

Nasomatto Narcotic Venus (from a sample of course). Nice.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

It's 8º out there at present (with the wind chill, below zero.) Wind was howling all night. On last night's news they said 2/3 of the country is having below zero weather.

Ambre Soie to stay cozy.

Hello everyone -

I'm in several splashes of L'Heure Bleue, 70s edc, on this unusually frigid and frosty morning.

Y'all have a good day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hello all. Etro Heliotrope(the original version).
    DONNA

Hello, everyone! Sorry for ducking out for so long... The end-of-December winter holidays were a real whirlwind here. New Year's Day in particular was lovely, but we had our annual Open House (150+ people over the course of the day - We cook like fiends and others also contribute so there is a steady stream of delicious food and drink (as well as contributions to some local food pantries), plus singing - and live music this year! )...Very wonderful, but exhausting. I'm only just now coming up for air.

Anyhow, I'm pleased to be posting almost immediately after Evangeline, because I thought of her today as I chose my SOTD:

Imaginary Authors L'Orchidee Terrible. I rather enjoy the conceit of the line (perfumes based on characters and story lines in made-up books), and L'Orchidee is, in my opinion, quite lovely although not ground-breaking.

I thought, Evangeline, that both you and the little ballerinas might enjoy it (PM me if you need a sample). It's sweet, super-aldehydic, but somehow manages not to be cloying. It doesn't have the heft of a classicly European aldehyde fragrance, but I'm quite pleased with it!

L'Orchidee Terrible notes: Orchid, Honey, Muguet, Aldehydes, White Musk & Satin.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Good morning, good smelling people!

Nasomatto Narcotic Venus (from a sample of course). Nice.
    Smelling very nice Robin.

Hi everyone

Une Fleur de Cassie worked it’s magic this on a wonderfully warm day. The Cassie, vanilla and sandalwood in the dry down is delicious.

Tonight some fun and games. Working on analysing the movements of age specific cohorts in high density urban developments (aka where are all the hip young people moving to?). For olfactory amusement staging a battle of the skanks vintage Bal a Versaille (thanks Danieq!) vs. ELDO’s Putain des Palaces and to complete the experience what else but La Traviata as the soundtrack.

Enjoying the honest to goodness fantastic cloud of floral, powdered skankiness. I revisited the review of BaV by le mouchoir de monsieur (it’s quite a read, possibly the best review I have read in a long time, maybe ever). First time I read it I was a little short of breath and needed several moments to collect myself. After reading it again tonight I once again have the most vivid carnal images seared into my brain.

ScentFan for you m’dear, Necks, Opera and BaV. His ‘Necks’ series is exquisite, makes me wonder what each of the necks would be scented with.

Have a lovely day!

Last edited by Xscent; 7th January 2014 at 01:46 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Good morning everyone,

Welcome back, ComDiva! Your open house sounds amazing! What a wonderful way to ring in the New Year!!

Nice to get to sit next to Xscent this morning! Now, if only I actually was sitting next to you - I have never sniffed Un Fleur de Cassie but it's on the sniff list.

I'm in Tokyo Milk Waltz No. 14 (linden, honeyed rose, wisteria, white musk) this morning. I bought this at a super funky boutique in Asheville, NC (one of my favorite places in the whole world) and wearing this always puts me in Asheville, walking down the happily crowded sunny streets where street musicians play on the corner, under a clear blue sky with fresh mountain air. (Although it's in the negative degrees there today, so I guess I will stay here where at least it's 12.)

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Hello, everyone! Sorry for ducking out for so long... The end-of-December winter holidays were a real whirlwind here. New Year's Day in particular was lovely, but we had our annual Open House (150+ people over the course of the day - We cook like fiends and others also contribute so there is a steady stream of delicious food and drink (as well as contributions to some local food pantries), plus singing - and live music this year! )...Very wonderful, but exhausting. I'm only just now coming up for air.

Anyhow, I'm pleased to be posting almost immediately after Evangeline, because I thought of her today as I chose my SOTD:

Imaginary Authors L'Orchidee Terrible. I rather enjoy the conceit of the line (perfumes based on characters and story lines in made-up books), and L'Orchidee is, in my opinion, quite lovely although not ground-breaking.

I thought, Evangeline, that both you and the little ballerinas might enjoy it (PM me if you need a sample). It's sweet, super-aldehydic, but somehow manages not to be cloying. It doesn't have the heft of a classicly European aldehyde fragrance, but I'm quite pleased with it!

L'Orchidee Terrible notes: Orchid, Honey, Muguet, Aldehydes, White Musk & Satin.
    Oh gosh, I'm so honored, ComDiva, and especially on behalf of my wee ballerinas! It does, indeed, seem like something they'd like ...and I might like it too. I don't come across many orchid perfumes out there. But you know, I have a set of Imaginary Authors samples around here and just haven't given them all a proper try, but I'll have to do that, and pay special attention to L'Orchidee Terrible at your lovely suggestion - thank you, and thank you for your gracious offer as well.

Your New Year's Open House sounds spectacular! That sure is a lot of cooking, and tons of work on top of that, but I have absolutely no doubt that your effort made the day of all 150+ attendees. Happy New Year! xo
    Last edited by Evangeline; 7th January 2014 at 01:02 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

E., I have deleted your duplicate, if it is all right?

Creed Fleurs de Gardenia. We are actually warming up here, if it is any consolation for the rest of the country.

Yes, of course - thank you, Wolfie.

Elixis des Merveilles

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Welcome back, ComDiva! Your open house sounds amazing! What a wonderful way to ring in the New Year!!

Nice to get to sit next to Xscent this morning! Now, if only I actually was sitting next to you - I have never sniffed Un Fleur de Cassie but it's on the sniff list.

I'm in Tokyo Milk Waltz No. 14 (linden, honeyed rose, wisteria, white musk) this morning. I bought this at a super funky boutique in Asheville, NC (one of my favorite places in the whole world) and wearing this always puts me in Asheville, walking down the happily crowded sunny streets where street musicians play on the corner, under a clear blue sky with fresh mountain air. (Although it's in the negative degrees there today, so I guess I will stay here where at least it's 12.)

Missed your lovely posts ErinK! Shuffling over and throwing you my bottle, spritz away!
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Sampling Lita by PK Perfumes.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

easyfish, I LOVE that picture!!! I could just curl up and read a book in that little hide away!

Chanel Bois des Iles again today, but while yesterday I wore just the EDT, today I will apply parfum only, which I sometimes forget to do since I just love to spray. Just dabs today.

Hello people

I'm joining Evangeline and fellow heliotrope-scented SOTDers in L'Heure Bleue, vintage extrait. I have one tiny flacon from the 1980s that's deliciously full of cinnamon.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 7 January, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello all,

I am wearing my wardrobe alphabetically so it's Eau Duelle by Diptyque today. It's one of my favorites so I am looking forward to it. I wish everyone in freezing weather safety and comfort,

Good Morning! La Treizieme Heure - Cartier

(2745)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Tabac Rouge by Phaedon

Jacomo Silences.

Hello all--Temps are now at F -8 ( -22 c ) from a deliciously frosty F -11 yesterday ( -24 c) here in Chicago. All the schools closed, etc. Haven't been out of the house in several days, so I'm a little nuts.

Have been on a sampling tear the past few days of much of the Bond No. 9 I Love NY series and a few others in the main line that I have, which number about twelve or so, from the Chicago BN event. Well, that made me very nuts, and I don't mean in a "nut accord" sort of way!

Fortunately there's a "soap and water accord."

Sampling The Vagabond Prince's The Enchanted Forest today.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Cacharel Loulou on this very cold day (although nowhere near as brutal as other parts of the US.)

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Mauboussin M Generation - having a hard time smelling this on my skin today, but on my clothes it is like church incense.

Blog Entries

Vintage Chanel No.19

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back ComDiva . What a diligent and welcoming hostess you are - your open house bash sounds amazing.

On the countdown to departure here in a couple of days. Been exploring the hills around Christchurch which offer spectacular panoramic views of the area.

G, managed close views of a Tui earlier (not too common around this area).

SotD is Roja Dove Enigma PH.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 7th January 2014 at 06:54 PM.

Evening,

What a great way to start off your 2014 list, Jon ! Enjoy the time you have remaining.
    Kumquat, you smell sensational
    Jicky PdT for me.

Best to all.

Nice to see you, ComDiva!! I'll echo the admiration of others -- what a generous thing to do! Sounds wonderful!

Speaking of wonderful, there are some FINE smelling folks out there today. Special tips of the hat to Dr. G in his honeyed smoke, Xscent in her "flower garden with dead bodies" -- best description of UFdC evah! --, and Roberto in those amazing stewed spices! I'll just sniff along happily in your wakes

More Parfumerie Generale lemming for me today, this time in Aomassai.

Hey y'all -

Still in vintage Guerlain for the afternoon, this time it's Parure extrait, just a few small spritzes from my decant courtesy of my mother's stunning bottle. I don't wear it often, but neither does she, so I know just where to go once this plummy, rosy, oh-so-mossy wonder runs out.

queen of the universe

Jon, specatacular photos of views close and far. Thank you.

Spent the day in biting—in the love bite sense—vintage Chamade EdC. Later I put a little Mollie Parnis on a scarf for my first venture into the cold in two days; it and Chamade made for a bittersweet duet, and they seem to bloom in the cold. This was news to me, as I generally have used galbanum scents in the warm weather. Now I know to add this note to my winter repertoire.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Hi Everyone,
    Tonight is Taste Of Fragrance, Mugler.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling PdE Equistrius tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

ComDiva - New Years at your house sounds awesome, I'm sure you & Mr. ComDiva were the perfect hosts. Nice to see you back, I've been away also.
    Xscent - I love that review of Bal a Versailles by BN member mdm also. How I miss him & his crazy posts. I never really warmed to BaV myself, but then again I haven't properly sampled vintage parfum. One of these days...
    cello - I'm jealous. I'd kill for some Bois de Iles parfum in this cold weather that we're having here in Miami. Enjoy!

My trip to Los Angeles & Palm Springs was super awesome - I will post more about it later on in the week...since I'm getting ready for bed now.

This morning it was:

Youth Dew Bath Oil by Estee Lauder

So much better than the fragrance, the oil (dabbed) is like a cocoon of amber/woods/powder. A sweater + this stuff = instant comfort.

Tonight (seems like I wasn't the only one) it is:

L'Heure Bleue (Parfum de Toilette) by Guerlain

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

We seem to have finalized our travel plans for 2014 -- Japan, here we come! A crafting soul in me wants to see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKG13KDqKj8

My PJs still smell of Cuir Amethyste even after they have been through the laundry, so my choice tonight is obvious.