Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How to speed up the blending/curing process of a fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by knaqsim View Post
    Defunitely i have been trying heating until 30 degrees, magnetic stirrer, exposing to uv light, constantly agitation no result without somehow damaging the smell in diffusion projection or longevity. So people please calm down and wait. there are no shortcuts. Just try pre-fix ing alcohol. It may help a little.
    I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this as I'd imagine that ones body temperature on the wrist is, at least, in a room temperature or warm outdoors environment, somewhere near to or over 30 celcius

certainly one's chest under a shirt and jacket are and many people apply fragrance there - to no detriment ?

Quote Originally Posted by oilsand View Post
    I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this as I'd imagine that ones body temperature on the wrist is, at least, in a room temperature or warm outdoors environment, somewhere near to or over 30 celcius

certainly one's chest under a shirt and jacket are and many people apply fragrance there - to no detriment ?
    Because when you spray a fragrance onto your warm body it starts evaporating at once. After a few hours ( depending on the fragrance) it's all gone. Spraying on your body, and trying to speed up the blending process are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    Because when you spray a fragrance onto your warm body it starts evaporating at once. After a few hours ( depending on the fragrance) it's all gone. Spraying on your body, and trying to speed up the blending process are two different things.
    possibly, but I'm (very respectfully!) still not convinced.

I can think of many times I've carried the same spray vial in a breast pocket of jackets for instance, on a 2 week business trip - and fair enough, while the jackets were hung up the sample was back down to room temperature - but it did spend a good 10 hours a day at jacket lining temperature which I would imagine floats between 30-36c. 2 weeks later thats 100 hours @ the temperature in question.

again to no detriment?

doesn't meant to say I don't believe that certain temperatures may become ruinous to fragrances but my guess is that it's not under 40c for the periods of time we're talking about (ie: I'm sure knaqsim wasn't keeping his samples heated for 4 years) 4 years in an attic over 30c I'd give no guarantees of course, but we are talking a matter of weeks at most for the purposes of a rapid maturation technique

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
    I probably should have been a bit clearer about how I do this. As an example I’m currently doing an ambergris tincture, which needs to be kept at about 37 Centigrade with constant agitation: I’m using a heater / stirrer to achieve this and the tincture is in a large Simax bottle: these are strong but to avoid problems I nevertheless ensure the pressure is as even as possible by releasing the lid for a while as it gets up to temperature and then sealing it firmly after that (to avoid the alcohol evaporating away).
    Any thoughts/suggestions on heater/stirrers? Makes, models, quality?
    Nez en d'ętre - Student artisan perfumer
    Quintescential
    Parfum