Code of Conduct

Thread: Bois d'Argent

Default Bois d'Argent

I've worn this 3 days in a row and each day I've completely forgotten that I'm wearing it after 15 minutes.

5 or 6 sprays.

Hmmph.
    Paris*L.A. is an excellent new gourmand from A Lab On Fire. If you're looking for a fun, new fragrance for this winter, check it out!

Default Re: Bois d'Argent

I hope it's the fragrance and not amnesia!

I struggle with Bois d'Argent too. It wears so lightly on me. I think it smells marvelous, but I can't imagine buying a bottle when my sample runs out.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    i hope it's the fragrance and not amnesia!

lol!
    Paris*L.A. is an excellent new gourmand from A Lab On Fire. If you're looking for a fun, new fragrance for this winter, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I hope it's the fragrance and not amnesia!
    That's funny!
    On my skin I get OK longevity, but I love the smell.

(2767)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I struggle with Bois d'Argent too. It wears so lightly on me. I think it smells marvelous, but I can't imagine buying a bottle when my sample runs out.
    Yeah, I love the way it smells too. I think I'm going to have to play around with it a little because there are plenty of reviews that rave about its longevity and "magical" projection (if I hear the word "cloud" one more time I'm gonna puke), so maybe this one require a little more focus on how to apply it or something.

What's strange is that if I wear no fragrance at all, I know it, and I'm aware of it all day. But when I wear this I'm not aware of not smelling anything, but I don't really catch myself smelling anything either. I'm hoping it's because something's there and it's just so comfortable it becomes part of the scene.

That could be a good thing.

Time will tell.

Could be olfactory fatigue? I don't know but its a monster on my skin. This is one of the few fragrances people have smelled from a distance and complimented several hours after application.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Could be olfactory fatigue? I don't know but its a monster on my skin. This is one of the few fragrances people have smelled from a distance and complimented several hours after application.

It could, over the weekend I sniffed over 70 tester strips multiple times, all with different frags sprayed two or three times on each strip (long story).

Can olfactory fatigue last several days?

I thought it was only me that felt it was a non existent fragrance. Mind boggling about people talking of hours of longevity and projection with this one. I say max 30 mins of the presence of fragrance .

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Yeah, I love the way it smells too. I think I'm going to have to play around with it a little because there are plenty of reviews that rave about its longevity and "magical" projection (if I hear the word "cloud" one more time I'm gonna puke), so maybe this one require a little more focus on how to apply it or something.
    Yeah, I wonder about that too. I mean, geez, I get 14 hours from 3 sprays of Gucci Pour Homme II, and if I wear 4 sprays, it projects like crazy! I get well over 10 hours from 4 sprays of Varvatos Vintage. Happy For Men: I get at least 8 hours! I'm used to being the one who gets great longevity and projection from scents others complain about, which is why Bois d'Argent floored me. People rave... but I got nothing.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Banned
    Blog Entries

8 hours from Happy?
    More like 8 mins..
    Ambre Nuit only gets a couple hours for me..
    This makes me not want to try others from the Privee line..

Fragrances usually die on me VERY quickly. Bois d'Argent, however, lasted 14-15 hours on my skin -- I got about 4 hours of decent projection before it became a skin scent for the next ~10 hours

I've just acquired a bottle of Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef and Arpels. It smells identical to BdA, but has a more legs.

Bda and mid night in Paris edp are the only two fragrances with little to any presence even with 5-6 sprays

This one from Dior was extremely weak on me. I haven't sampled it in a long time but from what I remember it was a pleasant smell.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Best root beer barrel candy smell ive ever smelled, for an hour or so.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Fortunately this lasts forever on me, I love this juice.

Bois D'Argent lasts all day on me and projects pretty well too.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I've just acquired a bottle of Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef and Arpels. It smells identical to BdA, but has a more legs.
    Oh man I love that stuff!
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

Usually the Dior exclusives are great with sillage and longevity. Leather Oud with even outlast a shower on me.

I think Dior Homme Intense might be worth a try, or layering the Bois d'Argent with a silicone-based lotion like Aveeno unscented.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

completely agree with you in the winter when my skin is dry BDA's longevity is nothing compaired to the summer when the humidity is high. Grease up, stink longer! But seriously BDA is pretty awesome, I even have a candle of it.

This is my go to scent for when I have a headache. Really soothes me.

Bois d'Argent is very nice but lacks projection. Gone in an hour.

for swap/sale:

I put leather oud on one hand,
    Bois D Argent on the other
    Results:
    30 minutes later, No bois d argent
    20 hours later, leather oud is still there

I get average of 4 hours I can smell BDA on myself before it becomes a skin scent for a few hours, then disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by LiteEmUpGood View Post
    Fortunately this lasts forever on me, I love this juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    Bois D'Argent lasts all day on me and projects pretty well too.
    Same here. I get a good 10+ hours with Bois d'Argent. I really do love the smell of this stuff.

When I first got BDA I had been sample sniffing all weekend. I sprayed it...and couldnt smell it on me at all. Very close to the skin to my nose. I had heard of its great sillage and projection and longevity too...but didnt notice it. Its such a gentle scent in the first place.

However, I continued wearing it...I even sprayed on a sweater of mine...and on my skin. Wore it to work. Couldnt smell it on myself at all. Left my coat in my office on my chair. I left for a while...and could not smell anything on myself at all. I returned to my desk and instantly could smell it...it was such a soft scent...yet very noticable..strong. I thought..hmm...thats weird.

When I got home that evening my girl said she smelled it on me. I couldnt smell it though. To me...its like I had nothing on at all, but others smelled me. I put my sweater in my closet...and 3 days later I could still smell it on my sweater. Again...a subtle/gentle scent. Creamy and airy...very soft frag....by soft I dont mean weak...I mean...gentle. Its a noticable smell...just a gentle subtle one.

I usually put on like 5 sprays though just because I feel it doesnt get out there much. Hope Im not offending others around me.

It's really hard to gauge longevity of fragrances. You hear all kinds of different numbers from people, but everyone is different in how they judge it.

Me personally, if I have to dig my nose into my skin, that doesn't count.

I only factor in longevity when the perfume is still projecting enough that at LEAST I can smell my self easily.

I get about five hours of good longevity. I love Bois d'Argent. If I want more punch, I can wear Dior Homme Intense.

Overall, the Dior exclusives are very good.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

This stuff is not good at openning but in Mid and Base easy 5-6hrs and smell good resin plus little of Iris and some powdery Thumb up!