Code of Conduct

Thread: MFK oud moods

Default MFK oud moods

Which is your favorite? I love rose, so mine is Silk Mood. Please it gets me in the mood if you know what I mean. I know these are expensive, and the top notes burn off too quickly. I think each has a limited amount of components. But I love them and own all expect for Velvet which I can't handled. It's too warm. Also, what do you think of the textile marketing? Perfumes do have a texture. Which texture does your favorites have?

Default Re: MFK oud moods

Silk Mood for me, but they're all nice. Plan to get a bottle in the near future.

(2770)
    Last edited by hednic; 8th January 2014 at 03:12 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Not a lot of responses.

Don't like them at all. Too dry and acrid for me. I prefer his original Oud fragrance. MFK is a master of delicate florals, but I don't like his take on Oud.

I've only tried Silk and Cashmere. I didn't care much for Cashmere, but the Silk is fantastic, even though I don't really like rose scents in general. The blending is so good it didn't even register as rose to me. Considering a bottle despite the high price.

I never think of fragrances as having a texture, only a color. Silk Mood is a pale pink; Cashmere Mood is a dirty mustard yellow.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

MFK Cashmere Oud. It's an acquired taste, however it's depth and complexity are just beautiful. Try layering MFK Cashmere Oud with Puredistance Black, the deep resinous notes of Cashmere Oud interplay beautifully with the sweetness of Black.

Michael

^ I'll give Cashmere another try, but if that's the case he should have put the Puredistance Black in, himself; that's what I'm paying him for.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    ^ I'll give Cashmere another try, but if that's the case he should have put the Puredistance Black in, himself; that's what I'm paying him for.
    It's an acquired taste, sort of like the first time I tried avocado or beer I only had a 2ml card sample, it's powerful stuff so it lasted quite a while. Hopefully the split with Palmbeach will close shortly and I'll be able to try layering it with other fragrances to bring further depth and complexity.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joev View Post
    Not a lot of responses.
    Not a cheap fragrance house

I have samples of all three, but I haven't worn them in a while - But I know that Oud Silk Mood was my favorite of the three, and found all three to be pretty good. The Silk Mood had a Portrait of a Lady / Heeley Agarwoud type of vibe. Wife wasn't a fan of that one though - she said it smelled like (gulp) an "old lady"

They are all exceptional fragrances to my nose. I have a hard time picking a favourite, I think Cashmere and Velvet are both great woody oud fragrances and I enjoy them both quite a bit more than his original Oud release. Silk is a beautiful rose and I would rank it among the best roses available.

I bought all 3. I love the first 3 hours of silk, but it gets a bit boring and one dimensional after that.

Cashmere is almost intolerable for the first hour. It smells like gear oil! But once it calms down, there's something sort of buttery that comes through. Still, it's a very dry and bitter perfume.

Velvet mood is the only one here that you could say is deserving of its name. It's super smooth, and velvety. The it's got a bit of that similar gear oil oud, but it's smoothed out and sweetened ever so slightly. My favorite from the mood line.

The original Oud is still my favorite by far.

I love Silk Mood because it's a beautiful rose oud that avoids being heavy and cloying like many other rose ouds. It's very sheer. I also really like Cashmere Mood, although I find the first few minutes of it quite bitter and unsettled. It improves a lot after about 20 or 30 minutes.

Perfumes don't normally have a texture to me, but Silk Mood does remind me of a silk scarf, or stockings - sheer and dry to the touch, with a kind of weightlessness. Funny because Cashmere Mood doesn't remind me of cashmere, it reminds me of leather. I don't know Velvet Mood well enough to comment.

I know only Velvet, but on my skin is too medicinal. The smell is very pungent, nothing velvety about it. Too much for my nose.
    On the other hand, Oud, is quite a nice scent and I wear it from time to time.

Tried Silk and Cashmere recently. Silk was a very nice oud/rose combo, though a touch feminine for my tastes. The opening is pretty amazing but I agree with Jive in that it does become acrid over time. Cashmere seemed to be all about the oud and I didn't get much else. I don't get along with straight up oud frags so I wasn't a fan. For what it's worth, my gf took a whiff and said it was "disgusting" lol. But she liked Silk.

I got large samples of all three around the time they were released. Silk Oud is the most likeable in the group. Although, a familiar combo of rose/oud, it's well balanced with just the right amount of sweetness. But I find just the faintest spray is the best way to wear it or it gets too nauseating.

As for Velvet & Cashmere. Both are quite challenging. The series was released late Spring/early Summer of last year which I found odd considering they're probably best worn in the cooler months. Both Velvet & Cashmere are dark, concentrated with very little room to breathe. And both turned icky on my skin in the heat.

When I revisited them in the Winter....I found them better but not sure if I enjoyed wearing them. Velvet is borderline weird and industrial smelling (tar, gasoline...), something out of the synthetic series by CdG. I've gotten everything from a positive compliment from a male friend and his girlfriend to a friend asking me if something was burning on the stove in my house.

Velvet & Cashmere and very similar and kind of fall in the same family. Where Velvet verges into funky territory...Cashmere goes down a much smoother route...taking on a much sweeter turn with vanilla and amber versus the resins in Velvet.

For me...Cashmere and Silk take the tie for me, depending on what you're looking for with Velvet falling into last place, but none of them excite me enough to warrant a purchase. As mentioned, his original Oud creation is his best oud.