Code of Conduct

Default A week late New Years Resolution...Use the "scent of the day" feature.

I have already resolved to not buy as much. But I have decided as a second step to use the "scent of the day" feature here to determine what I actually wear the most. After a good period of time I will pare down my collection to those scents I actually use and sell the rest. Why keep the unused scents when somebody else would enjoy them? Then I can use the cash to buy some of those things I really want but have neglected because of cost. Seems resonable to me...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default Re: A week late New Years Resolution...Use the "scent of the day" feature.

Sounds like a plan. Good luck!

(2773)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: A week late New Years Resolution...Use the "scent of the day" feature.

LOL. Yes, I know. I have been tempted already and did not push the "buy" button. So hard not to buy. But I need to look at and pay attention to my list of wants, not the impulse to buy at a discount just because I like something and would like it. But if Fragrancenet has another sale on Amouage...all bets are off!!!
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Good for you

I also started using the Scent of the Day tally feature, starting last week of December.
    Not sure what its going to tell though, as I am still heavily in try and sample mode.

I started to use it religously just before the site moved back to this platform. Sad that all that data is now lost and may never return. I am in "winter mode" now and not using a lot of my lighter warm weather scents. It will be interesting to find out what gets use throughout the year. More should use the feature IMHO.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

To OP: I like it! I may do the same.

Good plan. Yeah, I agree with you on tha Amouage on Fragrancenet sale. You have to be crazy not to jump on that one

It would be interesting to see the results if more members used the SOTD feature

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    It would be interesting to see the results if more members used the SOTD feature
    It is a very useful feature, and yes, it is too bad more members don't utilize it. lpp, do you think the old data from hudler will ever come back?
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

i use it all the time, it never misses a wearing, even when i wear two scents per day.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I also try and use it as much as possible, but I do think it was a little more user friendly on the previous platform.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    i use it all the time, it never misses a wearing, even when i wear two scents per day.
    Me too.

I think some member(s) take it to another level, however, and are tallying up their number of sprays instead of wears ... I'm sure I'm not the only one noting the soaring popularity of Arran Vet, Bang, Yardley and perhaps others. Now for all I know, that member might be testing out some of the programming. But whatever the motivation, I'm calling shenanigans on that misleading info. IMO, fix it or don't show it.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Yes, I have noticed that too, and people marking a dozen or more scents for one day. The feature is rather useless to find what is most popular with the group because of this, but I use it for my own information so when I look at my wardrobe I can see what I have worn.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Yes I have also decided to do this so i can keep track of what I'm wearing and it will be interesting to look back in year or so and see what I've worn mostly as that will be a great way for me to quantify what I would consider my 'top 10' as even though I like a lot of smells, I've always found it a bit strange that I could like one smell 8/10 and another 10/10...... where's the missing 2/10 and why isn't it as nice? I know what I'm getting at and looking back and seeing what I decided to go for most days will enable me to fully know what I really prefer.

Unlike you though I will be looking to add to my collection of 7.

I really enjoy the feature and use it daily to see what I wear the most. I was OCD enough to tally in my wears from the Huddler transfer so I was guilty one day (12/30) of slamming up to 10 wears for a single frag, but am back to normal now.

There is only one or two people jacking up wearings in the 100's, but they may have good reason for it. I am calling shenanigans too, though.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I use this feature every day. Without it basenotes would only have a fraction of it's value for me.

Good luck, as well as lots of fragrant enjoyment, also regarding your future sales and purchases. In my opinion, this feature and its statistic function is indeed great, since it offers a very complete, comprehensive and recapitulative info on the fragrance habits, preferences and wearings of the BN community.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Yes, I have noticed that too, and people marking a dozen or more scents for one day. The feature is rather useless to find what is most popular with the group because of this, but I use it for my own information so when I look at my wardrobe I can see what I have worn.
    I think when you see multiple listings for a user in a row (say 3 or more), they are catching up on lost scents worn. For example, did not post over a weekend or out of town for a week, something like that. That is always what I have felt, and I do the same sometimes - entering for more than just one day.