Code of Conduct

Default Balenciaga pour Homme and Versace Eros dating/concerns?

Hi, a package just arrived with two Balenciaga Pour Homme and one Versace Eros.

1. One BpH has a noticeable batch code or something on the bottom of the bottle (1F06?), while the other doesn't?
    2. I sprayed some BpH on my arm and it was noticeably darker colored (yellow-orange-ish?) - is that normal?

I haven't had it on long, but I've been smelling it with my arm being distant. It was *almost* overwhelming the strength, but maybe it's calmed down however much, heh.

Any idea of the dates for the Balenciaga frags? Did the packaging change at all during the almost(?) decade it was in production/out for?

If anyone who has BpH 100 ml size could compare to the pics and post, please.

Versace Eros; why does the box have two stripes/strips on it?

Also, the code is KW1326, which comes out as 2011-11-22 with CheckFresh. So, perhaps I have one of, if not the first run of the frag?

(Formerly Jouho)

Default Re: Balenciaga pour Homme and Versace Eros dating/concerns?

I'm expecting a bottle of Balenciaga pour Homme in the next week or so. From the research I have done I believe they never reformulated this one but opted to discontinue it instead. Probably accounts for the powerhouse strength which was indicative of that 80's early nineties era.

Also the bottle and box you have is the same as it was back in the nineties and they usually change that with reformulation. Nice pic's by the way.

It could just be me, but that Versace box doesn't look right at all...I don't remember mine having those two "stripes". I can check my bottle when I get home in a few hours and see if those at least match up.
    Last edited by bigbz; 8th January 2014 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I'm expecting a bottle of Balenciaga pour Homme in the next week or so. From the research I have done I believe they never reformulated this one but opted to discontinue it instead. Probably accounts for the powerhouse strength which was indicative of that 80's early nineties era.

Also the bottle and box you have is the same as it was back in the nineties and they usually change that with reformulation. Nice pic's by the way.
    Thank you, I'm not good at picking out notes yet, but it may seem to be a similar smell but also not similar.. like.. it's own take on an 'idea' of a common theme or something. Does that make sense? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    It could just be me, but that Versace box doesn't look right at all...I don't remember mine having those two "stripes". I can check my bottle when I get home in a few hours and see if those at least match up.
    Thanks in advance. Also, they may just be tape/adhesive strips that were put on, but there is printing OVER them (as well?) to try to match up with the box probably. I dunno if a counterfeiter would want to go through perhaps additional work for that, heh.

Note the color of the circular area of the atomizer (head) is black or so.

Back of box

Bottom of box

Inside cap
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 8th January 2014 at 12:36 AM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

I don't have the box, but my 100ml Balenciaga Pour Homme which I got when it first came out looks like what you have pictured and I recall the same box. I'm not aware that the packaging of this fragrance or the fragrance itself has ever changed, but I am not certain.

(2776)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I don't have the box, but my 100ml Balenciaga Pour Homme which I got when it first came out looks like what you have pictured and I recall the same box. I'm not aware that the packaging of this fragrance or the fragrance itself has ever changed, but I am not certain.

(2776)
    Thank you, hednic! It's kind of like you could be used as a reference encyclopedia for different queries, haha. .
    (Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Thank you, hednic! It's kind of like you could be used as a reference encyclopedia for different queries, haha. .
    You're quite welcome.

(2777)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Well I checked and the good news is even though that box looks super sketchy, everything about your bottle matches up perfectly with mine!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Well I checked and the good news is even though that box looks super sketchy, everything about your bottle matches up perfectly with mine!
    Thanks for the update, bigbz. Is there anything in particular about the box that may seem sketchy to you, besides involving the strips/stripes, if applicable?
    (Formerly Jouho)

That Versace box does look sketchy, but the bottle looks real. The only pics I can find of similar boxes are all on eBay... my guess is that maybe (hopefully) these were just factory rejects for a printing mistake (stripes), thus ending up at discounters.

They look legit to me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Versace Eros might be grey market..
    The box looks like it has Chinese and Arabic words..
    I could be wrong..

Putting Balenciaga pour Homme and Versace EROS together is a study of contrasts. One is so brilliant and the other well.....
    That EROS box is dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Thanks for the update, bigbz. Is there anything in particular about the box that may seem sketchy to you, besides involving the strips/stripes, if applicable?
    Your welcome. Yeah basically just the stripes....and that it looks like they didn't even try to line them up or anything, which is more along the lines of stuff you see on fakes. But the bottle looks 100% legit....I think Tony is probably on to something about it perhaps being grey market and hence the strange packaging.

I ordered from FragranceShop; first time ordering from there. (Did another order recently for 1 Million, that might arrive this week or next week. There is 1 Million in the house already, so comparison could come in handy.)
    (Formerly Jouho)

I put in to ask (a) question(s) regarding the strips/stripes/lines to at least two different eBay sellers (I didn't purchase via eBay).

Think any of you could elaborate/be more specific about decoding? Are the lines common amongst all Eros packages *intended* to be sold in particular countries or something? or?
    (Formerly Jouho)