Code of Conduct

Default Picked up Joop Homme and Cool Water today, maybe versace eros in the future

Today at Marshall's I picked up cool water and joop homme at something like $15 a piece. Now first keep in mind neither are the eau de toilette versions but rather the weaker variety. Both of them seem strong enough that I don't find that as a problem after trying these blind buys. For the joop pour homme... wow is it strong, I wouldn't think you would go over 2 sprays and this seems more of a winter scent to me. Very sweet opening, very floral as well through the beginning and middle. Very sugary, sweet and flowery. This gives way for a very warm cinnamon dry down which I find very pleasant and totally different than the opening. Cool water seems like a mossy floral, reminds me of a dewy spring morning by a river but a little synthetic and linear.

Ehh for the price good scents but nothing that really does much for me. For an aquatic I much prefer bvlgari marine over cool water. Joop seems a little too strong for my taste but is certainly different. As far as a future purchase I have a sample spray card of versace eros I received a few days ago I really like. Why all the negatively toward that scent? It doesn't seem ground breaking but a very pleasant and modern scent. Am I missing something?

Default Re: Picked up Joop Homme and Cool Water today, maybe versace eros in the future

Quote Originally Posted by h20123 View Post
    As far as a future purchase I have a sample spray card of versace eros I received a few days ago I really like. Why all the negatively toward that scent? It doesn't seem ground breaking but a very pleasant and modern scent. Am I missing something?
    If you truly enjoy the fragrance, get it! I own a bottle of Eros and I really like it. I know a lot of people complain about performance issues from it but I get great longevity from just a few sprays. I use basenotes to help me narrow down what I will sample, but I never let the opinion of people, especially random people, have the final say in MY fragrance purchases! I hope that didn't sound cocky in any way. I just feel like if I truly like a fragrance then I will most likely purchase it, regardless if other people on here truly despise it.
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Default Re: Picked up Joop Homme and Cool Water today, maybe versace eros in the future

That's generally my opinion as well. I think it can partly be because I have a nose brand new to fragrances so scents that I find different and unique might come of as bland, or more of the same to a more experienced nose. This could be what's going on with versace eros

If you are happy with what you have purchased, that's all that matters IMO.

(2783)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by expressway View Post
    If you truly enjoy the fragrance, get it! I own a bottle of Eros and I really like it. I know a lot of people complain about performance issues from it but I get great longevity from just a few sprays. I use basenotes to help me narrow down what I will sample, but I never let the opinion of people, especially random people, have the final say in MY fragrance purchases! I hope that didn't sound cocky in any way. I just feel like if I truly like a fragrance then I will most likely purchase it, regardless if other people on here truly despise it.
    Good advice. I'm not personally a big fan of Eros myself, but I've heard it gets great projection/longevity and women seem to like it a lot... so it has that going for it

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you are happy with what you have purchased, that's all that matters IMO.

(2783)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Eros is not original and yet another sweet scent..
    That is reason enough for many Basenoters not to like it..
    Personally I am thinking about purchasing it..

As far as Joop!-it has been out for decades and most guys overapply it and it is very cloying and sybthetic..
    If you do wear it make sure you go light..

You said you did not get the edt versions..
    Is it the aftershave's you bought?

Well both boxes say 'mild deoderant natural spray' on them rather than edt. I looked and these versions can be found online at places like fragrancex for slightly cheaper. Just less concentrated I would imagine, but especially for the joop I don't think I would want a more concentrated juice anyway.

CologneFan85

Eros reminds me of Curve Kicks...besides that I like eros