Code of Conduct

Default Best shoes for a casual date?

I'm looking for shoes for casual dates (jeans, chinos, buttons ups, tees, etc). Anyone have anything that looks good, doesn't cost a fortune and gets compliments from the ladies?

Links appreciated...
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best shoes for a casual date?

I don't know if they get compliments from the ladies, but for warm weather I like things like these Clarks
    http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product..._roll/26063453

Also, at Nordstrom rack I've often seen some nice Bruno Magli black, not too formal shoes on discount (which, for the brand, means $150). In general, if one is interested in a $100-150 price range, I think that Nordstrom rack often has nice stuff.

cacio

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kenneth Cole

Post Thanks / Like

Timberland makes a wide variety of casual styles at what I'd consider a reasonable price. Nordstrom has them and some are likely available at the Rack, as cacio suggested.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=...erland+for+men
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Suede wingtip works nicely.

The Bruno Magli that pop up from time to time at Nordstrom Rack at a discount that cacio mentioned above are indeed very nice - snazzy and at the same time casual.

(3317)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out my nickname haha for a Casual look you can never ever go wrong with a classic pair of tennis shoes. The one I'd recommend the most would be a white pair of Adidas Superstar 2 with either black or navy blue stripes. They retail for around $70, but they'll last you over a year and are very comfortable for walking. They're more crease resistant than Nikes. I would also recommend a pair of Adidas Orion, or Gazelles with suede. (Adidas are difficlut to find discounted)

For Nike I would recommend some classic Air Force 1's, also very very comfortable, they have a concealed air bubble in the midsole. Only con to AF1s is that they crease immediately but you should be able to find some for around $80, you can also look into getting some AirWalk 90's. They're meant for running but you can easily wear them with jeans and a plain T or button up; it's acceptable to wear them casually. (Nikes are difficult to find discounted)

For Puma I would recommend some Roma's, they're usually $60+ but you can find them for $30 if you look online. For Reebok I would recommend some Club C's. You can usually find reeboks heavily discounted online for about $40. They aren't as stylish as the other ones so I placed them last in the sneaker category. As long as you don't get a color that clashes with your outfit. Trust me, you're GOLDEN.

Now since everybody else recommended business shoes, so did I. I recommend these Stacy Adams. They have the crease line across the toe box and it has a genuine leather upper as well as a genuine leather outsole. These shoes are classy, The price on these stacy adams are about $38 with free shipping (heavily discounted) http://www.6pm.com/stacy-adams-luxury-black. I listed the pictures of the other shoes in order. I think that if you click on the pictures they get bigger. Unless you want to go to night club or a fancy restaurant, I still say to go with a pair of classic sneakers.

ADIDAS_SUPERSTAR_II_WHITE_BLACK_2.jpg G65634_01.jpg adidas-originals-gazelle-two-3.jpg66423-nike-airforce-mashead.jpgwhite-euro-champs-nike-air-max-90-1.jpg1976936-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg2024142-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg2583372-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
    Last edited by CASUAL; 26th January 2014 at 05:28 AM. Reason: added hyperlink

Post Thanks / Like

Aldo tends to have great casual/dress type of shoes/boots. I would go with them, it usually ranges from 80 to 120.

Post Thanks / Like

Austen Heller, great shoes for around $200.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.zappos.com/ecco-turn-gtx-boot-cocoa-brown

Do you know about Zappos? They're a great place to shop. You have a year to try your shoes before returning them.

Some casual boots (Clarks Wallabees or Clarks Desert Boots) or brown leather wingtips would look nice with anything that's not a t-shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

Me personally, seems like each time I go on a casual date "white sneakers" are a home run. White sneakers, nice denim jeans, button-up shirt (short sleeve or long sleeve), a ralph lauren casual jacket, clean finger nails, fresh breath, fresh shave, and 2-3sprays of cologne.

Avoid sunglasses unless you feel comfortable wearing them on top of your head; Sometimes sunglasses can hide ones' image. Women love gazing at a man's eye color.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You can never go wrong with a nice pair of loafers or boat shoes. If you invest in a pair of Sperry, Cole Haan, Sebago or something along those lines, you will be set. They run about $90 or less if you can find them cheaper. Sounds expensive, but these shoes are ridiculously comfortable. You might think you are paying for the brand name but trust me, you are paying for absolute quality. These shoes are sturdy, comfortable and very fashionable. They can be worn with jeans and a T shirt, Khakis and a button up, chino shorts and a polo or any combination of those 3. You can't go wrong with a quality loafer or boat shoe.

What do you think of this ?it is very cheap,$15.99
    you can find them at ebuy24hours if you don't mind wait a bit long.
    2d5f9b0b-1ea5-40db-bc3b-63d45f97ae65.jpg