Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a super day & best wishes to those having rotten weather - hope it goes away soon.

Slumberhouse 'Ore'.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014.

Hello people. Hope you're keeping warm/dry/sane/fragrant.

My hand alighted on vintage Jicky PdT today, which is pushing all the right buttons, even if some of the citrus is misbehaving (it's an age thing ).

Mike welcome back! I’m on the hunt for vintage BaV parfum and Bois de Îles parfum is beautiful too. Look forward to hearing about your holidays.

ExtremeK we have a common love! UFdC is glorious. You have me all curious about the PG line too.

Twolf Japan how wonderful! Will you be there for the Cherry Blossom Festival?

Holiday countdown begins for me! I’m off to Bali on Monday. Readdressing my work life balance rather than whinging about it. My plan is to laze about read, eat, nap and order drinks with those dinky little umbrellas. Might rouse myself once in a while for spa treatment, check BN and swim. Looking forward to ten whole days of solitude.

Vintage Guerlain day for me too, the urge was strong so why resist?

Splash of Jicky EdC for the morning pilgrimage Jacobs ladder, ran the 290 plus steps to the top and then back down again six times and at which point my legs turned into jelly.

Mitsouko vintage extrait and EdT for the work day and Shalimar vintage extrait this evening.

ErinK finished hauling the perfumes out of the cellar while it’s being refitted to hold more wine . So here’s a pic of the coneheads for you m’dear most are from my Aunt Mins (bless her Guerlain loving heart) and all very happy post fondle.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Last edited by Xscent; 8th January 2014 at 10:10 AM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Oooh, Japan, Twolf? How neat!

Pleasures Jasmine Splash, Estee Lauder
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

have been making decants all morning.. so sotd is a bombay mix that doesnt make much sense
    Have a great day, all

Good Morning,

I'm quite green with envy over Wolfie's planned japanese jaunt. What fun !
    Antaeus for me today.

Best to everyone for the hump day.

It seems to be a Jicky kind of day. Lots of Extrait today.
    Best to all

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 8 January, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Le Parfum de Therese.
    Enjoy your day.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

hello all,

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling CB I Hate Perfume Eternal Return this damp and chilly morning.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hello all.

Maria Candida Gentile Exultat, today.

"Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Good Morning, good smelling ones

Reglisse Noire today. So very lovely. Dabbed rather than sprayed - I prefer sprayed for sure with this but aargh the bottle with the little puff thing makes me crazy, and my purse spray seems to have died so it is dabbed. So I don't get the cloud of transparent wonderfulness, exactly, but it's close.

ETA, those are some awesome sounding holidays, Bali and Japan. Wow.

Hello all. Parfums DelRae Mythique.
    DONNA

Ambre Russe

Hello all! I'm driving the remaining distance from Amarillo to Tucson today. Long day. I'll be wearing the Mitsouko I picked up for a song yesterday in Dallas.

Good morning, everyone -

We depart for Melbourne early tomorrow, so I'm in Rossy de Palma for my last day of ballet (and barre!) until February.

Y'all have a great day!

Hi there, mike - welcome home!

Wolfie - how exciting! I'm sure I've mentioned it several times, but Japan is one of my *favorite* destinations on earth! When are y'all going, and where? I'm sure Tokyo is on your itinerary, but I spent a year as a teaching assistant just outside of Kyoto, so let me know if you're headed to Keihanshin (Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe). That was back in the 90s, but our 2012 Japan/China visit (remember when I made gumbo for our hosts?) proved that not too much had changed, so I might still be good for a few dusty pearls of wisdom.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Twolf - Japan! You lucky, lucky thing! What an experience that will be.

Xscent - That's a lovely family portrait. Thank you for sharing.

Good Morning! Dior Homme Eau

(2785)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Ah, Hednic, there it is. I am looking forward to your thoughts in the thread over on the Men's side. The original is a big favorite of mine, but I have been lax in sniffing the flankers. I should fix that soon.

Bucking the cold weather scents today with sprays of Chanel No. 18. I have not worn this before except in spring and summer, so this should be fun. I always forget about some of these lighter fragrances in winter, and need to experiment more often.

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Happy trails to all our intrepid travellers; Japan, Bali, Australia... it all sounds wonderful! And Jon, have a safe trip home.

l'm wearing Cinema for a day of pottering, & then a visit to the dentist for a check-up shortly.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello All,
    I am facing the day in Amouage Gold Woman. I feel like I should be wearing satin with this scent. I do not own any satin so maybe I'll find something shiny to wear in my clothing wardrobe.

Wow! Bali, Japan, Australia, what wonderful adventures! I hope that you will bring us back some good stories. That's my favourite holiday gift.

Danieq, have a safe and enjoyable drive. Amarillo to Tuscon sounds great to me.

Those of you with continuing terrible weather conditions please stay safe and warm, and dry.

BTW where is mike?? Was he here? Hi mike. *smooch*.

Yardley Citrus and Woods today. A cheap date. But iodine has given me the notion for Exultat later.

queen of the universe

Fabergé Flambeau. Vintage drugstore classic that could pass for niche.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Praying for a good day today, yesterday was way too stressful. I had my credit card information stolen somehow. I tried to use my credit card at a store yesterday (not Target) and they said they couldn't read it, so I paid cash. Tried it again later and they said it was declined. Called my husband because he's the primary card holder and he called the company. Someone yesterday started using my name and card numbers, about 15 times, thankfully the company denied all the charges because they thought it looked suspicious. They are mailing me a new card. Also, had a doctor appointment and a Dexa scan. First time with the new doctor, I'd had the same rheumatologist for 19 years and he retired last summer. Not sure what I think of the new one, guess I'll have to get used to them.

Wow, there is sure a lot of travel going on! Wishing a safe trip to all who are driving or flying.

Wearing Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au the Rouge today. Thanks again Kalli for sending me a large sample of this last year.

Wishing everyone a great day! xoxo

Goodness, K, that stinks. I've had that happen with the credit card, sorry you had to deal with that.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Bon voyage to all the travelers! Xscent, I look forward to hearing about Bali!

Kiliwia--ugh! I am sorry.

In honor of David Bowie's b-day, I am in M by Puredistance today.

Twolf, Japan sounds wonderful! Hooray! When are you planning to go?

Xscent, yes, UFdC is utterly fabulous. One of my late winter/early spring favorites. I love PG (:cough: understatement! :cough: ), but it is definitely a collection of mostly sweet gourmands, so right up my particular alley I'm not sure which I'm more envious of: Bali or ten days off!

The fabulous skank of yesterday won me over for today, so I'm twinned with Chicagoista in the swooningly lovely leather skank of Puredistance M.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 8th January 2014 at 04:43 PM.

Mauboussin to warm me up.

ExtremeK--hooray!
    I absolutely adore M. I may never be able to afford a FB, but it is at the top of the wish list!

I'm a longtime Bowie fan, but I don't understand the connection with Puredistance M. But, then again, it is sherry o'clock

Basenotes Plus

Wow, there are some exotic sounding holiday destinations in the pipeline. Don't forget the cameras, folks.

We make our way back to the grey gloom of the UK later today, landing Saturday morning. I'll give a brief wave to our US contingent when we arrive in Los Angeles. What a pity we are only there in transit as NZ offers relatively little sniffing opportunities and LA would have been a nice addition to the itinerary.

Travel scent will be Green Valley.

Kiliwia, how dreadfully inconvenient. Good to hear that they were vigilant enough to nip it in the bud and sort things in a reasonably efficient manner.

Safe travels Mrs E - looking forward hearing about your adventures.

Twolf, i went to Tokyo in November , there is good sniffing opportunitys, for sure. Really want to get back there, a totally different world have fun!

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Etro Etra for me.

Safe travels to our trip takers departing as well as returning and best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Twolf, how exciting! My mother had once travelled to Japan and she had a wonderful time there!
    ( And I still have the two nice kimonos she brought me from that trip!). Have fun!

Xscent, you described my dream vacations! Have a great time!

Jon, happy belated birthday!

Yet another stressful day here. After a long day, I spent more than two hours in the bus (while my daughter was waiting for me in the street, to take her home after her evening lessons), because they had shut down most streets in the centre of Athens for the ceremony for the farse of Greece's presidency of the farse of the European Union.

Sotd is Angelique Encens.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    I'm a longtime Bowie fan, but I don't understand the connection with Puredistance M. But, then again, it is sherry o'clock
    Saminlondon--it really has to do more with the fact that M is the most expensive decant I own, so a bit of a "cheers!" there. That, and the fact that M makes me a little intoxicated, as does DB!

Basenotes Plus

Thanks *dora*
    Nice to see you back

Thank you for all the lovely holiday wishes.

Damn! How’s a girl supposed to concentrate with all that sheet twisting M wafting around? Have mercy ladies.

Okay I give up, joining you in the fabulous M after this morning run. It should be renamed Mmmmmmmmm as that is all I’m capable of uttering in its presence. Now to actually pick myself up out of this leather stupor and go to work.

Have a lovely evening everyone (I know ExtremeK and Chicagonista will).
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hello again -

I probably won't get another chance to check in before we leave tomorrow morning, so thanks for the send-off and the sweet pms - I sure do appreciate it! xoxo

I'm in L'Arte di Gucci, vintage edp.

Y'all take care, be happy, and stay fragrant ...bye!

(((Jon))) - thanks again, sweetie. You have a safe trip home!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 8th January 2014 at 09:46 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Have a great time, Evangeline!

Thank you *dora* - I absolutely will!

It's *so* nice to see you around here again, but I sure wish you were having an easier time these days. Big hopeful hugs to you -

Have a good time, E!

WOW, all these wonderful trips! Evangeline, go get 'em and have a fabulous time!

XScent and Twolf, since your excursions are just a bit further off, savor the anticipation, and please make sure as Jon says, to bring cameras - and remember to snap a few pics for your BN friends and family!

Speaking of Jon, you may be home by now (or flying over my house near Boston [:waves "up" frantically and hops up and down:]) but if by any chance you get delayed in LA, make the airline send you over to Luckyscent's Scent Bar for a couple of hours. I've yet to visit in person, but that's probably a good thing, as they'd likely never get me to leave. Also, happy belated birthday!!! Sorry to have missed the actual big day, but it sounds like you've been celebrating properly.

And welcome back, Mike!!! Glad to see your posts again, scent brother mine.

Also Dora! Glad you were able to check in...

Oh, and just to clarify, while my husband and I do cook like mad for our New Year's Day open house, many of our guests also enjoy contributing to the festivities with (vegetarian) food and (boozy and non) drinks, so we get a lovely variety over the course of the day. Which does nothing for being on one's feet for 12 hours, but is still quite wonderful.

Right - SOTD. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Absolutely perfect for the stupidly frigid weather. I just keep wanting to snuggle in to myself. Mmmm.

Or perhaps I should just grab a sample of M and put on some David Bowie. Now *that* would be warming indeed.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 9th January 2014 at 01:06 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Calvin Klein Eternity for Men tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Guerlain Nahema for me today. Lovely fresh roses, with a sweet retro vibe.

We are going at the end of May -- early June, about same dates as in Morocco back in 2012.