Code of Conduct

Default mystery perfume help needed

Hello all.

I bought a mystery bottle of unboxed perfume last year and I cannot find a thing about it so I could use some help.

kodak pix 08Jan14 216.jpg

kodak pix 08Jan14 215.jpg

kodak pix 08Jan14 214.jpg

It is a feminine perfume, possibly from the 1970s, and has nothing on the bottle to indicate a brand or name or house except the unfamiliar reversed out square logo.

The little text that there is on the bottle front reads:

PARIS
    25g/mL
    0,85 Fl.Oz.
    PARFUM
    DE TOILETTE
    EMB 13071

The numbers printed/stamped on the bottle reverse read:
    07 3(unclear last digit, possibly 0)

It is a long shot but does anyone recognise it at all?

All thoughts welcome (and it is my first attempt at attaching photos so I apologise if they aren't good;-)

Default Re: mystery perfume help needed

Hednic, someone needs your help man. We know you gotta have a stash of this somewhere in the vault.

It looks more 1980's to me, but I've never seen one before - hopefully someone has!

The logo looks to me like Andre Courreges. How can we see the front bigger (and better) -- that line does not help much. Sorry, I am not a visual.

Twolf nailed the logo. images.jpeg
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

Possibly the original Courreges fragrance released in 1977.

Perfume Intelligences describes it as a floral woody. What does it smell like to you?

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Possibly the original Courreges fragrance released in 1977.

Perfume Intelligences describes it as a floral woody. What does it smell like to you?
    Thank you all for suggesting ideas.

It smells like old Chanel No. 5 or Coty L'Aimant to me, even from a sniff of the nozzle, and the perfume emerges with a cold blast from whatever propellant has been used.

I've taken a photo to show that logo more clearly: I wonder if it was imitating the Correges one because it doesn't look the same.

(Unfortunately I can't get it to appear here - my upload keeps failing but I don't know why! The image is 2.16Mb so maybe it is too big?)

I think this perfume is from the 70s in part due to the precise measurement label style "g/mL", with a capital L for litre.

Advice, especially about loading the new photo, would be appreciated again.

Many thanks:-)

Hi!

Pictures under 1mb load o.k., or uploading via Photobox, etc., works.

resized09Jan14.jpg

Thank you "lpp"; I've resized the new photo so this should work!

The logo is reversed out of the black square, as I hope this photo shows clearly, unlike the Courreges' logo of black letters on a white background. That last letter looks to me like a lowercase d or maybe a j or ... something other than a c!

Please keep your suggestions coming - thanks for your input.

I'm pretty sure that is a Courreges logo. They used different fonts and designs over the years and there are a number of different variations. This one is a highly stylized "ac".

Thanks, noggs - I wonder why this bottle is so different from the usual Courreges bottle, especially the lid?

Intriguing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is a Courreges logo. They used different fonts and designs over the years and there are a number of different variations. This one is a highly stylized "ac".
    lt certainly looks like it to me, but l agree the different bottle shape is confusing. Could it be some sort of copy?

l do hope you find the answer kitsch, l feel like you may be getting warm!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I've never seen a Courreges bottle like that, either. I own some discontinued older ones like Amerique and Empreinte, and they are all in the cylindrical format. But there are some, like Homme, Niagara, and In Blue that are in different shaped bottles.

You can see by the attached photo that the logo can get pretty strange. It is also a very different bottle shape than the typical one.

If that is indeed a Courreges I also think it is pretty old, '70s or '80s.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by noggs; 9th January 2014 at 05:14 PM.

image.jpg

Here's another one with an odd logo.

It's fascinating to see the other bottles; thanks for sharing them, noggs.

I'm crossing my fingers that someone here will have the exact same perfume as me, so we can learn its name and how old it is.

cheerio, and thanks to everyone again for helping me out.

OT: Noggs, very nice to hear from you! I always read your informative and interesting posts.

I like this scent. It smells sort of "beachy" or tropical. Lasting power is pretty decent. Probably geared toward the 18-25 crowd but any age can wear it. Although, any perfume is suitable to be worn during any season, I think this is a great summer fragrance.

Good call, Twolf!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gexton71 View Post
    I like this scent. It smells sort of "beachy" or tropical. Lasting power is pretty decent. Probably geared toward the 18-25 crowd but any age can wear it. Although, any perfume is suitable to be worn during any season, I think this is a great summer fragrance.
    Are you sure you posted this in the right thread??
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

yes i am sure,, is there any problem?

You may be thinking of a different fragrance to the one being discussed in this thread, gexton71.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    You may be thinking of a different fragrance to the one being discussed in this thread, gexton71.
    Yes. lf not, please tell us what it's called, as that is the purpose of this thread.

Hi gexton71,

It would be fantastic if you knew which perfume this was; however, I really wouldn't describe this one as beachy or tropical. (I shared some with teardrop and it didn't seem beachy or tropical even as a dabbing sample rather than a spray.)

If you have some photos of your bottle, please share them here so we can see it too (especially if your bottle shows a name or other identifying details which are wholly lacking on mine!).

Thanks for your input.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kitsch View Post
    Hi gexton71,

It would be fantastic if you knew which perfume this was; however, I really wouldn't describe this one as beachy or tropical. (I shared some with teardrop and it didn't seem beachy or tropical even as a dabbing sample rather than a spray.)

If you have some photos of your bottle, please share them here so we can see it too (especially if your bottle shows a name or other identifying details which are wholly lacking on mine!).

Thanks for your input.
    Agreed! l would say this is about as far away from "beachy" as it's possible to get.

lt struck me as a very retro-style floral-woody-chypre, with bergamot in the opening, & perhaps some leather & incense.