Code of Conduct

Default Mont St Michel Colognes - The Whole Range

With the Winter sales in full swing I stumbled upon gift sets of Mont St Michel cologne, which included a soap and 25ml decant sprayer, as well as the 250ml bottle of cologne. The 50% price reduction made me more curious than I would otherwise have been about an "average" eau de cologne.
    It turns out that Mont St Michel is much better than average and there is quite a large range of differing colognes.....

Naturelle Classique
    L'Original
    Fraicheur Intense
    Ambree Authentique
    Fraicheur Criste Marine (the newest edition)

My personal clear favourite is L'Original. To me this really comes close in both high quality ingredients and formula to Guerlain's Eau du Coq, which was always my favourite from Guerlain's offerings. MSM's blending is wonderful and I detect what appears to be very high grade orange blossom in the formula.

The Naturelle Classique is my least favourite. It's still very good, but veers into the lemon, rosemary category which I personally find less apealing.

Fraicheur Intense is as the title implies quite a bit more intense and has much more of the old fashioned masculine barbershop vibe. I think the formula on this one contains more herbs, but still attains an orangy sweetness.

Ambree Authentique is from what I see MSM's best seller by far. It is a very well done light powdery amber - not the dreadful cloying/ stomach churning amber that a lot of companies have recently brought out, such as Prada.

Fraicheur Criste Marine is at the moment my second favourite from the range. The marine note is very well done and gives it a fresh angle without sharpness.

I bought these this afternoon, so it's early days and I can't yet comment on longevity. I will report back, but would suggest that interested cologne fans should check out the reviews on basenotes....they're generally very good.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Mont St Michel Colognes - The Whole Range

Thanks for the info on these David. Wasn't aware of how many there were. They all seem to be very reasonably priced.

(2858)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Mont St Michel Colognes - The Whole Range

I've been trying all the range since I purchased them and I do now find the Fraicheur Intense to be the best. From the composition point of view I prefer L'Original, but the longevity is not good, ( I know - it is after all a cologne....) but even so Fraicheur Intense attains a much stronger and longer lasting fragrance without losing it's refined elegance. To my nose F.I. comes across as a beautiful niche quality barbershop cologne. One of the finest classic eau de colognes I have ever tried, which is incredible considering the price !
    By contrast I find the Naturelle Classique from the range much simpler in construction and very weak.
    I discovered two more from the range, Lavender and Rose, but I haven't yet bought them.
    Last edited by david; 11th January 2014 at 07:21 PM.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...