Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 105
  1. #31
    Dependent magnus611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,332

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    One huge spray to the pectorals should do no harm!!!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

  2. #32

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    How can the person wearing the scent enjoy it if it's only sprayed once to the back of the neck? That would seem only for others enjoyment.

  3. #33

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    How can the person wearing the scent enjoy it if it's only sprayed once to the back of the neck? That would seem only for others enjoyment.
    Some people are just too good to be true I guess.

  4. #34
    Super Member Mish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Salvador
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Between neck and chest work good for me.

  5. #35
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,795

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbrut72 View Post
    Some of us don't want to have our scent walking in 5 minutes before we do. Subtlety is the key.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    You'll be pleased to know that unless you walk at only several centimeters per second (perhaps from crawling along the ground using stomach muscles) what you describe defies the known laws of physics (specifically Brownian motion) and it never happens.

    Subtlety is the key to sending out the very powerful message of "I'm not here" and its corollary "Please forgive me if you noticed me, and are thus mightily offended".
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 11th January 2014 at 02:26 AM.

  6. #36
    Basenotes Junkie Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    964

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    One spray to the left wrist would be my minimum.
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

  7. #37

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    You'll be pleased to know that unless you walk at only several centimeters per second (perhaps from crawling along the ground using stomach muscles) what you describe defies the known laws of physics (specifically Brownian motion) and it never happens.

    Subtlety is the key to sending out the very powerful message of "I'm not here" and its corollary "Please forgive me if you noticed me, and are thus mightily offended".
    Regards,
    Renato
    So you've never encountered the guy who's cologne you can smell from across the office? Or the teenage boy who evacuates the room with too much Lynx/Axe? If you need to use scent to show the world you're here then there's something lacking in your life. Only women should smell strongly of fragrance.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  8. #38

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    One spray to the left wrist would be my minimum.
    Why not your right wrist? Lol

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  9. #39

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    When I read this I think of the original Balenciaga.

    Out of my whole collection, that's the only one. One spray intoxicating. Two sprays simply too much.

    So only one spray, on my chest, before getting dressed, from afar.
    Last edited by Balthazar; 11th January 2014 at 06:08 AM.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    302
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    throat.

  11. #41

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Something like Interlude Man or Oud Ispahian I would do 1 spray to the upper chest under the shirt.

    But I don't have that many 1 spray scents. Or maybe I do, but opt for > 1!
    Same with me..

  12. #42

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbrut72 View Post
    Only women should smell strongly of fragrance.
    ..............?..............

    One is none, but chacun à son goût!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  13. #43

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Whilst I have a few fragrances where 1 spray is enough (Eau Sauvage Parfum, for one), I think this is an odd hobby for people afraid of their fragrance being detected by others.
    He boiled for our sins

  14. #44

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbrut72 View Post
    Only women should smell strongly of fragrance.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    What's this?

  15. #45

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    ..............?..............

    One is none, but chacun à son goût!
    ..........
    .?.........

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  16. #46

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    What's this?
    My opinion.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  17. #47

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    In case some of you are missing my point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6Q...e_gdata_player

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  18. #48
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    980

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    I have never (and would probably never) apply only one spray of a fragrance. Just don't see the point. Why would I spend upwards of £300 on a bottle and not be able to smell it myself?
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Polo Crest
    2) Chypre Palatin
    3) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Kouros (Vintage)
    6) Mamluk
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) Interlude Man
    9) More than Words
    10) Ungaro II (Vintage)

  19. #49

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Where's Tim for his....."DIrectly in the eyes" answer LMAO!

  20. #50
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,380

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Re the video - Is that still a common problem?
    I recall an Aramis issue years ago, considerably worse when collectively worn.
    Last edited by lpp; 11th January 2014 at 09:28 AM.

  21. #51

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Scentinel View Post
    I have never (and would probably never) apply only one spray of a fragrance. Just don't see the point. Why would I spend upwards of £300 on a bottle and not be able to smell it myself?
    It's nice to be able to smell your own fragrance. It's also nice not to offend other people with too much of it.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  22. #52

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Where's Tim for his....."DIrectly in the eyes" answer LMAO!
    LOL

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  23. #53
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    980

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbrut72 View Post
    It's nice to be able to smell your own fragrance. It's also nice not to offend other people with too much of it.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Two completely different things.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Polo Crest
    2) Chypre Palatin
    3) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Kouros (Vintage)
    6) Mamluk
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) Interlude Man
    9) More than Words
    10) Ungaro II (Vintage)

  24. #54

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbrut72 View Post
    My opinion.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    There is a difference between stating that women can wear more sprays then men and then stating a youtube video about overspraying, just my opinion.

  25. #55

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Chest would be my choice. Persistent yet discreet, with just enough longevity and projection throughout the day even in the case of stronger scents.
    Currently wearing: Citrus & Wood by Yardley

  26. #56
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,795

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldbrut72 View Post
    So you've never encountered the guy who's cologne you can smell from across the office? Or the teenage boy who evacuates the room with too much Lynx/Axe? If you need to use scent to show the world you're here then there's something lacking in your life. Only women should smell strongly of fragrance.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Good attempt to divert from your original statement that the fragrance can be smelled five minutes before one arrives. Clearly that statement had no basis in reality.

    If you want to spend big bucks on scent, and then apply one spray so that you emit less scent than the guy next to you who put on some Brut or Old Spice deodorant that morning, or smell less than the other guy who put on some Gillette aftershave balm that morning, that is your prerogative. Your 100ml spray bottle should last you just over 3 years. Very economical.

    If you feel like saying something is lacking in my life, and that only women should wear scents strongly - well feel free to keep making unsupported speculative assertions based on your perception of reality.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 11th January 2014 at 05:49 PM.

  27. #57

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,438

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Good attempt to divert from your original statement that the fragrance can be smelled five minutes before one arrives. Clearly that statement had no basis in reality.
    He may have been exaggerating with a whole five minutes, but it's not an outlandish statement. I've worked in two offices where colleagues (both women) could be smelled well before they actually appeared.

    At one of those offices, I remember reading the newspaper on my lunch break - it was one of those "life & style" inserts, with an article about fragrance that said "Your perfume should announce you before you enter a room." I remember thinking "bollocks."

  28. #58

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I think this is an odd hobby for people afraid of their fragrance being detected by others.
    What?! I don't think ANYONE is talking about being afraid of their fragrance being detected by others. We're talking about how to wear fragrances so unbelievably strong that you'd only wear one spray so you don't choke yourself or others out. The only one I've encountered so far is Interlude Man. I'm normally a 4 spray guy (3 to 4 depending on the strength and the sprayer), but if I wore four sprays of Interlude, I'd be unable to breathe. I love the stuff, but even with its very weak sprayer, wow, it's nuclear.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  29. #59

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    I think one spray is not enough for the majority of fragrances.

    I think that one shouldn't overspray.

    I think that there cannot be gender discrimination: women should not be allowed to wear more sprays then men and vice versa.

    TLS

  30. #60

    Default Re: One spray? Where?

    Don't think one spray is enough but if a scent is strong and hurts my nose a little then my choice is the abdomen.
    Last edited by Rüssel; 11th January 2014 at 07:47 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18th May 2015, 04:16 PM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 20th July 2012, 07:45 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16th March 2012, 07:55 PM
  4. To spray or not to spray for work
    By NitaD in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 4th March 2010, 12:44 AM
  5. Job Interview in an hour! To spray or not to spray...
    By Hey Its Mike in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 25th June 2008, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000