Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: One spray? Where?

Chest. Two sprays of certain frags and my gf acts like she runs into a force field when she gives me a hug. I've filled the cabin of my vehicle with two sprays to where picking up friends elicited polite but immediate comments. The scent was even complimented, but it was clearly stated that there was a lot of it. People who tout their own opinion as fact, fail to see the subjectivity in the comments of others, see everything as an insult, and shout down any opinion differing from theirs probably don't have many opportunities to get close enough to anyone for one spray of a strong fragrance to do its job. 80% of my rotation gets three-four sprays, but there are definitely one and two spray scents.

"Some fragrances require only on spray" Onerous lie told by an insecure fool.
    "No fragrances require only one spray" Gospel truth that can never be questioned and must be accepted by all.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbrut72 View Post
    Read the final paragraph of my last post again. I stated a wish for this thread to continue in a friendly lighthearted manner. It's a shame that you don't share that wish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Firstly fire a shot -
    "...............when their 1st post on this was to question the validity of my initial question and every post since has more or less stated that they know better than me what I meant by what I said."
    pretending I've been putting words in your mouth, rather than exactly quoting what you wrote.

Then fire another shot -
    "When others start putting me down however, I certainly won't stand back without defending myself."
    playing the victim game.

Then a heartfelt call for peace. Very touching.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Wow, from where I'm sitting a new member came here, asked a legitimate question, received a few earnest answers, and then got pounced upon and insulted by another member and a few cheerleaders. WTF, guys?
    I don't think there was just a question. There were also some comments made by the "new member" that could be considered to be abrasive.

@oldbrut72: With respect, you are fairly new here and frankly, I hope you stick around and become a valued member of the community.
    It's fine to be opinionated (we all are on this site), but my advice is to be a little cautious before you make general "statements of fact".
    Many Basenoters will call you out when you make such statements.
    In this case, it was Renato who called you out... but in my opinion, his response was not a personal attack and you chose to challenge him.
    Not surprisingly, a Basenotes warhorse like Renato accepted your challenge and stood his ground.
    Renato is a veteran of many Basenotes battles, including the great "wear any fragrance you like" gender battles... and in fairness, I don't recall him making personal attacks.

I was rightly "spanked" a few times by more knowledgeable Basenoters when I joined this site.
    When reflecting on those experiences, I realised that my posts sometimes deserved the given response.
    Stick around and you will get a feel for this site and I'm sure you will enjoy the Basenotes comradery.
    This really is a very friendly and educational place when you adopt the attitude that there is much to learn from other Basenoters (as I have done).

My 2 cents

Even if my fragrance is strong I usually use 2 sprays with one being on exposed skin usually on the neck and the other under my shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Firstly fire a shot -
    "...............when their 1st post on this was to question the validity of my initial question and every post since has more or less stated that they know better than me what I meant by what I said."
    pretending I've been putting words in your mouth, rather than exactly quoting what you wrote.

Then fire another shot -
    "When others start putting me down however, I certainly won't stand back without defending myself."
    playing the victim game.

Then a heartfelt call for peace. Very touching.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Well surprise, surprise. Look who wants to continue the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I don't think there was just a question. There were also some comments made by the "new member" that could be considered to be abrasive.
    What about the abrasive comments in my direction? That's ok is it?

Basenotes Plus

As there was a request (post #89) to continue posting without the fighting - which is being ignored by some here, this thread is being closed.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    As there was a request (post #89) to continue posting without the fighting - which is being ignored by some here, this thread is being closed.
    I didn't want to continue fighting. Others saw to that.

Neck, making sure to get some on my shirt collar.

Edit: just snuck in there!
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Oops, sorry - forgot to close it - please carry on for now...
    (next fighty post will be the last)

Edit:

Default One spray? Where?

For me most of it is 1 spray at chest, due to my environment. Each to its own style and likes.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Chest

What I have noticed is that one spray (or more) on the sternum provides a nice scent stream throughout the day if the top button is left undone. Haven't noticed it when wearing t-shirts but maybe didn't spray there.
    It also means you don't look suspicious sniffing your hand every 5 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    What I have noticed is that one spray (or more) on the sternum provides a nice scent stream throughout the day if the top button is left undone. Haven't noticed it when wearing t-shirts but maybe didn't spray there.
    It also means you don't look suspicious sniffing your hand every 5 minutes!
    +1... I find the same. Using one shot to the chest I smell it throughout the day. Nose never gets fatigued.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin