Code of Conduct

Default Bergamotto Marino....virtually vanished off the face of the earth?!

Finally decided to pull the trigger on this(at least I thought)hidden and inexpensive gem. It used to be on ebay and amazon for dirt cheap just a couple months ago when I was first looking.(under $20 for 1.7oz-$40 for jumbo 6oz.) Both places don't have any? And fragranceX and FragranceNet are both out of stock also. And the couple of places I tracked down that do have it, are WAY over priced. WTH happened?! Is this stuff all of a sudden in super high demand or went out of production?! (

Default Re: Bergamotto Marino....virtually vanished off the face of the earth?!

Really? I bought mine on eBay a couple of months ago at a good price (a 3.4oz too). Great for hot days. I guess its just out of stock. The waiting game begins... Chin up, though. Its not discontinued until its discontinued. Check back every so often and I'm sure it will pop up.

I know, I couldn't believe that just in a couple months the supply completely dried up on ebay and other places. Oh well, hopefully by the time summer rolls around it will be back widely available...I'm just glad to hear it wasn't discontinued!

I got the 6.7oz a couple years ago from fragrancex for around $40. I noticed a few months ago that the price had gone up, now I see the same size on Amazon for $160! Crazy.

Yeah amazon had one USED bottle that was over $130 bucks...I wonder what happened?! Damn you CoachRob!!!lol

It's like what happened to Royal Nobile by Alexander da Costa.

Sh*t - this means that the already inflated reputation will achieve legendary status for this sub-par juice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    I know, I couldn't believe that just in a couple months the supply completely dried up on ebay and other places. Oh well, hopefully by the time summer rolls around it will be back widely available...I'm just glad to hear it wasn't discontinued!
    I don't think thehighend's post was meant to say it definitely wasn't discontinued, only that he hasn't heard of a discontinuation.
    I can't imagine any discontinuation from Ferre would require a huge announcement. It could very well be gone.

No big loss.

I blind bought a cheap bottle in a discount bin in Italy a few months back. I didn't see it anyhwere else there. That doesn't auger well. I was pleasantly surprised with it.
    Renato

Once a fragrance is hyped, people eat it up like hotcakes. In this case I can see why. Bergamatto Marino is a nice summer scent. More than likely, it will be out fresh closer to the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    I don't think thehighend's post was meant to say it definitely wasn't discontinued, only that he hasn't heard of a discontinuation. I can't imagine any discontinuation from Ferre would require a huge announcement. It could very well be gone.
    Correct, sir. I just meant we simply just don't know for sure, hence there's no reason to give up hope. Now, if its gone up to $160... Ouch. I am officially accepting offers for my bottle ; )
    Last edited by thehighend; 14th January 2014 at 04:32 AM.

There's a dealer (have no experience with this one) offering the large size for $55. I would imagine one would have to call and find out for sure if they actually have it available.

http://www.jewelryandperfumes.com/19...tm_content=pla

(2946)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    There's a dealer (have no experience with this one) offering the large size for $55. I would imagine one would have to call and find out for sure if they actually have it available.

http://www.jewelryandperfumes.com/19...tm_content=pla

(2946)

Thanks hednic for the link, that seems MUCH more reasonable!

Let the rip off begin. Still a couple on Ebay UK.

Personally I didn't care for it, so will not miss it much.

Banned
    Blog Entries

That's a shock

won't be missed!

Im just more concerned that it was in the $20-30 range and now its gone!!!! Im pretty sure that all the stock wasn't used up. It was all over Ebay.

Where I live, most of the regular stores as well as online retailers (even the ones specialized on reasonably diverse designer and niche, occasionally even vintage/limited edition fragrance ranges) seem to be mostly under-supplied with this particular fragrance.

Willing to sell mine if anyone want it, I just don't wear it like I thought I would.