Code of Conduct

Default L'instand de guerlain extreme (LIDGE) opinion/thoughts The usual haha

I was interested with this fragrance because I had seen it a long time ago in macys (2007ish) and never payed any mind to it. On youtube people raved about it somewhat and I was interested about it. I still have some juice left from a 4ml decant I got on ebay for 12 dollars. It reminds me a lot of obsession but a more gourmand and less spicy obsession. Projection, sileage, and longevity seem pretty spotty on me. It eithers lasts forever and projects fantastic or it is just average as well as lasting on my skin. I have said before that I have dry skin and don't have too much lasting power on my skin which is why I usually spray on my shirts to make the frag last longer but then again you don't get that change in scent on your skin over time. My friend had smelt me tonight and said it reminds him of something and was trying to guess. He said it smells like a combination of le male and obsession and I completely agree (our opinions). First few times I had tried this it lasted on my skin for a good 13 hours (wrists) I cant really smell my neck haha. Im probably going to be adding this to my collection sometime in the future since this is really hard to find atleast where im located (new York). This ebay seller seems legit and have spoken to him and he has sold a lot of bottles of this stuff. So for anyone that is looking for this, seems like a good source. I have watched this item since it has said 43 sold now up to 70. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-and-Seal...item2a2ac026c6

Default Re: L'instand de guerlain extreme (LIDGE) opinion/thoughts The usual haha

I'm wearing it today as my SOTD. I think it's a ten out ten fragrance and a joy to wear especially in the Winter.

Default Re: L'instand de guerlain extreme (LIDGE) opinion/thoughts The usual haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I'm wearing it today as my SOTD. I think it's a ten out ten fragrance and a joy to wear especially in the Winter.
    I agree 100%. I wore it yesterday and 3 sprays lasted all day with perfect range and power. It's stellar in cold weather. My wife complimented me on it in the am and again at bedtime. Much better than original.

My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

The best place to buy would be from Guerlain in Toronto.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I cant get to Canada and the website doesn't have it available

can I call them and make an order?

Great fragrance. One of my favorites.

It's... ok. At least to my nose, the cocoa is a bit overpowering. While it does smell good and unique (which is why I ended up buying a bottle for some reason), I just don't think it's all that. Guerlain has much, much better frags (Heritage, Habit Rouge EdP.)

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    can I call them and make an order?
    Yes! I did just that about a year ago. I don't have their number but it should be easy to find if you google it. Cost was in the $70 range when I bought it and shipping was free. Asked for and got a couple of samples too.Edit.I HOPE it is ok to post this. Just found their number.416-929-6114.
    Last edited by Akahina; 10th January 2014 at 05:07 PM.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Yes! I did just that about a year ago. I don't have their number but it should be easy to find if you google it. Cost was in the $70 range when I bought it and shipping was free. Asked for and got a couple of samples too.Edit.I HOPE it is ok to post this. Just found their number.416-929-6114.
    Yeah, $113 from that ebay listing seems a little high for this one. I recall several people getting it from the Toronto boutique you referenced, and I have seen it show up in sales threads here for under $80 a few times as well. I think I got mine from Strawberrynet for under $70 as well.

Wonderful fragrance for sure. Never saw this at a Macys in the States as the OP mentioned even back in 2007. Actually never saw this available in the States from any retailer.

(2893)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    I cant get to Canada and the website doesn't have it available
    Google is your friend
    l'instant extreme guerlain buy

It will become a classic if it isn't already. They should discontinue it so people could freak out though.

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    It's... ok. At least to my nose, the cocoa is a bit overpowering. While it does smell good and unique (which is why I ended up buying a bottle for some reason), I just don't think it's all that. Guerlain has much, much better frags (Heritage, Habit Rouge EdP.)

I agree with you re the cocoa being overpowering. It is an excellent smelling frag.

I'm wearing it today. It is a sensational fragrance. Beautiful. Long lasting. Just right projection. You just cannot go wrong with it. My only caveat is to not over do the sprays; 2-3 and you and those around you are enjoying a masterpiece!

LIDGE is awesome!!! I haven't tried to many niche scents yet, but this is easily my fav of the ones so far. It's my favorite cocoa scent also, better than DHI and Kokorico By Night for me.

Just buy LInstant edt OP.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

LIDGE is a nice fragrance I would purchase it but they don't sell it in my country.

Ordered from Toronto boutique about a month ago. $80.00 per bottle. To bad they did not send the samples of Derby and Double Vanille.
    Make sure you like dry cocoa and strong patchouli if you go the extreme version.
    If your not crazy about patchouli then maybe consider the EDT.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Somebody was selling it in the Market Place last week

great scent!

I have been testing LIDG and LIDGE for the past couple weeks. They are very similar and well made, but I prefer the LIDGE.If you're looking to please people around you, good luck. Of the handful of people I asked after drydown, nobody enjoyed it (ages in the 20's-30's). And the person I spend the most time with said it smelled like an old, old man. I think it's a bit dated smelling. Overall, not purchase worthy for me.

And...if you think it's going to smell like chocolate in any way...no. The average person probably won't think chocolate or yummy when they smell this stuff.

For some reason, this fragrance reminds me (in a positive and pleasant way) of the scent of Christmas sweets.

I just got off the phone with a very friendly lady. It was 80 dollars even shipped. The funny thing is that when I told her that I wanted to see if I can make an order for a rare fragrance here in the states shipped she instantly said Linstant extreme? hahah. We went through the process and asked for some samples like double vanilla and she mentioned Tonka imperial? Its like she read my mind haha. She stated that they get calls for the lidge very often. She said she will throw in some more samples as well. Everything was said and done in about 6 minutes to be exact.

An excellent fragrance IMO but as the OP stated, longevity is spotty on my skin at times. It lasts forever on clothes though! It sounds like you have a contact already but if you would like I can PM you the information for the SA that I dealt with when I purchased my Guerlain fragrances.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    If you're looking to please people around you, good luck. Of the handful of people I asked after drydown, nobody enjoyed it (ages in the 20's-30's). And the person I spend the most time with said it smelled like an old, old man. I think it's a bit dated smelling. Overall, not purchase worthy for me.
    Interesting because I have recieved several compliments from women (in their 20s and 30s) while wearing LIDGE. Too be fair though, I had a coworker smell it and he said it smelled extremely mature and he is 25.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

Personally, I don't find L'instant de Guerlain Extreme dated at all and I'm in my mid-20s. Not only do I enjoy it, it's one of my most complimented fragrances from peers. I guess I just wear it well...

I've only sampled once and would like to again someday, but I'd give DHI a 10 and LIDGE about an 8.5 from what I remember. Although, I'm also not a huge fan of chocolate and orange candy so take that into consideration.

I recently bought a sample. I wanted to like it but both my wife and I think it smells "old lady-ish." My wife didn't dislike it though but I'm going to spend my money on scents I love.

I actually prefer LIDG over LIDGE. Smells more interesting with that bright citrus opening to me.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

As do I, however, I find the longevity of LIDG is a little spotty...I get about 5-6 hours from it and typically my skin does really well with most scents.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    I actually prefer LIDG over LIDGE. Smells more interesting with that bright citrus opening to me.

Classic! Lasts forever on your skin and forever and a year on clothes.

deleted post
    Last edited by PonyBoy; 30th January 2014 at 05:31 AM.