Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Disaster strikes! You must vacate your home. What 10 scents go in your survival kit?

10 scents from your current collection you would grab in an emergency. The Survival Scents.

Caron- Tabac Blond
    Caron- French Can Can
    Guerlain- Mitsouko, parfum
    Ormonde Jayne- Woman, EDP
    Jean Patou- 1000, EDP
    Caron- Fleur de Rocailles, vintage parfum
    Serge Lutens- Iris Silver Mist
    Serge Lutens- Bois Oriental
    Yves St. Laurent- Rive Gauche, vintage EDP
    Chanel No.19- vintage EDP

Another 'Sophie's Choice' thread. Just for fun.

Default Re: Disaster strikes! You must vacate your home. What 10 scents go in your survival kit?

Would I be shot for grabbing some jewellery as well?

Homage, Ayoon Al Maha, J25 Extrait, Epic Woman, Caleche (all old/altered), Mazzolari Patchouly, Sova, Eva Kant, Iris Nazarena, Amouage Rose attar (for making kulfi to cheer us up).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Disaster strikes! You must vacate your home. What 10 scents go in your survival kit?

Also think, what if you suddenly had to leave your current roommate/spouse. Or maybe hit the road. (I've been watching lots of Perry Mason, lately. ) what would you hate to be without?

Neroli Portofino, 1 Million and all of my Creeds.

Basenotes Plus

1. Guerlain L'Heure Bleue parfum 1986
    2. Guerlain L'Heure Bleue parfum 1975
    3. SL Sarrasins
    4. Caron Acaciosa
    5. Cabanel Alahine parfum
    6. Cacharel LouLou edp (vintage)
    7. Amouage Gold edp
    8. Dior Dune
    9. Chanel Bois des Iles parfum
    10. SL Muscs Koublai Khan

Edited to switch D600 for Bois des Iles as reminded by HORNS regrets. I have to have BdI!
    Last edited by foxbins; 11th January 2014 at 03:11 AM. Reason: too many lovely scents to choose from...

All my Tom Ford and Majda Bekkali scents.

Blog Entries

This is fascinating. I'm already seeing so many things I've never heard of.

Clive Christian No.1 Pure Parfum Limited
    Clive Christian No.1 Imperial Jubilee Limited
    Clive Christian No 1 Imperial Coronation Limited
    Clive Christian X
    Gengis Khan
    Siecle
    Balafre
    Gatsby
    Formidable Homme
    Oud Pur Oriental

(2906)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Vol de Nuit parfum
    34 Boulevard St Germain
    Tam Dao EdT
    Portrait of a Lady
    Geranium Pour Monsieur
    Satori Iris Homme
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui
    Sycomore
    Tuscan Leather

DEFINITELY a Sophie's Choice (sorry Granville and Bois des Iles . . .)

As of this moment:

1) Bal a Versailles vintage parfum, EdC and EdT
    2) Guerlain vintage Mitsouko EdC
    3) Bond No 9 Chinatown
    4) Slumberhouse Vikt
    5) Slumberhouse Jeke
    6) Creed Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie (prereformulatiom)
    7) Frederick Malle Une Rose
    8) Frederck Malle en Passant
    9) House of Matriarch Blackbird
    10) Montale Jasmine Full
    Last edited by ScentFan; 11th January 2014 at 04:12 AM.

1. Sous le Vent
    2. Jicky
    3. Coromandel
    4. Cuir de Russie
    5. Champaca Absolute
    6. Eau Deulle
    7. Volutes
    8. Olene
    9. Lady Vengeance
    10. Creed Original Santal

Basenotes Junkie

Ambre sultan
    Chergui
    1989 guerlain vetiver EDC
    Dior leather oud
    Chanel 31 Rue Cambon
    Knize ten
    Chanel Eau de cologne
    M7
    M7 fresh
    My grandfathers stinky old aftershave I took from his med cabinet the day he passed away
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Assuming no shower due to the disaster for a few weeks :

Norma Kamali Incense
    Slumberhouse Vikt
    Slumberhouse Norne
    Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree
    vintage Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur
    Either Guerlain 180 ans du creations (yet to un_____ her) or vintage Guerlain Jicky extrait
    Interlude Man
    Tribute attar
    vintage Eau Sauvage (got to find a 67 oz size - preferably spray)
    vintage Bel Ami (love it, but will take this ahead of others only bcoz it took me almost 4.5 yrs to find a true vintage again & I shelled a big chunk to buy this).

Dear left behind beauties,
    Pardon me for I have sinned...
    Zahd - u are like the dream girl of every man & like real life, i don't think you will arrive before disaster strikes (maybe I'll take the 3 samples of you from your early yrs if Kumquat allows).
    All my dear Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's - i love you, but your packaging downright sucks & leaks; I can't even barter u for a piece of bread, u'r packaging's that bad.
    my Nasomatto's - your bottle cap weighs more than the bottle; your packing will not survive the hardships in a disaster.
    My expensive Mona di Orio's (oud & cuir) - exceptionally packed, but u r too goddamn heavy & u occupy 2 much space too....
    My other Slumberhouse's - heart says take only 10 of your creations, alas, I'm human & thy mind says get variety, will help in a disaster...
    The first parfum house to seduce me - Guerlain - I'm out of words to explain why I'm leaving behind so many from you except one; i know I'm crazy to do this...I will repent.
    All my recent oakmossy vintage finds - I promise I'll return, I searched too hard for you all to be away too long...
    All others - you know you are in my mind...Adios.

Damn it - I think I'm going into depression already

Blog Entries

Poor Badarun, I hope he's not too traumatized!

Quickly, quickly! There's no time! Zombies are approaching even now! (And they smell terrible!)

Oh nose,
    insensate after a mere few dozen sniffs,
    when on here await
    bliss lists.

Blog Entries

Yes, Scentfan, ​you may wonder why I used thumbs-up on my "disaster" thread. It's because these are meant to be the cream of the crop. Your most precious babies.

I love it that willyb chose a scent memory from his grandfather. That's such a testament to why we love fragrance. It's the heart and poetry of our lives that is so often over-looked and often makes life worthwhile for many of us.
    Last edited by kumquat; 11th January 2014 at 02:27 PM.

If zombies were headed my way, I would just probably grab a few random ones, whichever..avoiding Chanel maybe cause we all know there is plenty of Chanel out there. Perhaps I'd use the Chanel ones to spray in their eyes or at least on them so they would smell better..who knows, maybe they wouldn't wanna eat me after that..maybe they would want sniff stuff with me and take some decants.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

This actually happened to me. A tornado hit my house, I was a kid at the time. I only lost my Old Spice, Jovan Musk, and English Leather. My beloved beer can collection was decimated. My fragrances ended up somewhere east of Oz. I' m not kidding,this really happened to me in the late 1970's. When there is a tornado warning, take it seriously.

Whatever I can grab!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oproust View Post
    This actually happened to me. A tornado hit my house, I was a kid at the time. I only lost my Old Spice, Jovan Musk, and English Leather. My beloved beer can collection was decimated. My fragrances ended up somewhere east of Oz. I' m not kidding,this really happened to me in the late 1970's. When there is a tornado warning, take it seriously.
    A valuable lesson. I live in tornado country. Maybe I should have a stash of my favorites ready to go. Truthfully, of course, first I'd take the cat. I also need to get all of my photo negatives right where they can be reached in case I need to scamper away at a moment's notice. You know, like into the witness protection program or something!

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Whatever I can grab!
    My favorites are all in one middle size beautiful box under my bed. Just on case! So will be no mess with ifs and buts)
    But there all three Yohji Yamomoto ones, two from Valentino< Shalimar, Dune, Duponts, emeraude(coty), Habit Rouge
    Pretty boring and essential for me as part of my life, Im pretty loyal to the perfumes

Blog Entries

I have a tale of caution, slightly off topic.
    In our city, some years ago, there was a man who decided to try to remove stains from his clothes using gasoline. He was living in a posh neighborhood in an old part of town, nice house. So he was in his basement right next to his dryer, and a fire started. Instead of calling 911, he decided to WALK to the fire dept which was 3 blocks away. Needless to say, his house burned to the ground. As his house was paid for, he had decided to stop buying insurance. He thought it was a waste of money.

Interesting post! My top ten:

1.Tabac Blond
    2. Bellodgia
    3. Nuit de Noel
    4. L'Anarchiste
    5. Mitsouko
    6. Calandre
    7. Bandit
    8. Fleurissimo
    9. Y
    10. Iroaz

Blog Entries

I'm going to have to look some of these up. I don't know Bel Ami or Iroaz, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I'm going to have to look some of these up. I don't know Bel Ami or Iroaz, for instance.
    I try to give you a clue of IROAZ:

This scent will carry you to a wild beach in Bretagne, where it is not overly hot.
    You will smell the slightly salty breeze from the Atlantic blended with the unexpected
    perfume of a wild rose blooming somewhere in the vicinity.

This scent has a moderate sillage, but its longevity is tremendous on my skin -
    it lasts for the whole day! It is also done in a very French way due to a peppery note
    that emerges with the rose. I use it when I feel all my other fragrances are too perfumy.

Blog Entries

Thanks- Puma! It's always interesting to learn about something new. Your description sounds delightful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who would use gas to take out stains? What about good 'ol Shout? Silly.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Oh nose,
    insensate after a mere few dozen sniffs,
    when on here await
    bliss lists.
    Lovely!

since I live in earthquake country I'll just take the bottles that haven't broken. Hopefully that will include
    Vallee Des Rois by Mira Takla
    The Guerlains
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Thanks- Puma! It's always interesting to learn about something new. Your description sounds delightful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are welcome, kumquat.

I am just enjoying your blog. Beautiful pictures!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    You are welcome, kumquat.

I am just enjoying your blog. Beautiful pictures!
    Thanks so much. You might like to see my collection of antique perfume bottles, too. Under bottle collecting- 'My Collection so far, Portrait of a Lady'. I'm really glad people stumble onto my stuff now and again.

Creed Aventus
    Creed Spice & Wood
    Creed Jardin d'Amalfi
    Creed Royal Scottish Lavender
    Creed Royal English Leather
    Armani Prive Royal Oud
    Dior Vetiver
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    by Kilian Incense Oud
    by Kilian Straight to Heaven

(And my small remaining amount of Bruckner Aoud 1!)

"We all know there is plenty of Chanel out there"

Not Chanel No. 5 Voile - although Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere smells very similar and lasts longer.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Blog Entries

This actually happened to me a couple of years ago. The building next door burned down and I had to quickly evacuate. Having given this no thought ahead of time, I grabbed Clive Christian X For Men. Somehow I know it was by "only bottle available" go-to. And it was the perfect choice.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Banned
    Blog Entries

Virgin Island Water
    Ambre 114
    Amber Absolute
    Bermuda Tonic
    Pure Malt
    Issey Miyake
    Couvoisier
    Pure Coffee
    Taste of Fragrance
    Gucci PH