Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsors

Default OMG!, Chanel Platinum egoiste is majestic

After going through the reviews for platinum egoiste I decided to go to the mall and test this frag, wow it was fantastic smells really clean. Something i would definitely wear, however, at this time its out of my budget. Can you guys help with any suggested frags that you could say have a similar smell, notes or feel to it. Is this a winter frag,or all season. What do you think of bogart pour homme is that a frag i could blind buy.

Default Re: OMG!, Chanel Platinum egoiste is majestic

Quote Originally Posted by blastro6745 View Post
    Is this a winter frag,or all season.
    IMO it's an all season fragrance.

(2905)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I've heard it said that A&F Fierce (I think) smells a lot like Platinum Egoiste.

thanks shiny, not too sure if like the a&f fierce bottle little bit embarrassing.lol

thanks shiny, not too sure if like the a&f fierce bottle little bit embarrassing.lol
    It is what it is. As for bottle design, you could probably do worse, besides, you're not gonna wear the bottle around your neck or anything like that right?

Basenotes Plus

Something i would definitely wear, however, at this time its out of my budget. Can you guys help with any suggested frags that you could say have a similar smell, notes or feel to it.
    If a certain fragrance is at OMG level for you, I suggest you save up and get the real-deal.

I recently acquired platinum and as yet it has not opened up to me. I've worn it 5 or 6 times and I'm really unable to smell a whole lot. I had the same issue with Cartier declaration, had to wear it several times before I could finally smell it. Eventually I began to smell it and now I can smell it on myself the whole day. It's one of the few fragrances I have that I can do this with. Hopefully platinum will be the same after a few more wears.
    From what I can smell of platinum it seems a little similar to Mont Blanc legend. But as a previous reader noted if u like it that much dont compromise.

sold my bottle of platinum egoiste and used the money to buy fierce and something else. They smell incredibly similar.

Enjoyed from the first testing. Tending to confirm that it is appropriate for all seasons. At any rate, to my nose, this fragrance is rich, spicy and while being quite modern and appropriate for casual settings/outfits, also very elegant.

You could try something like Paco rabanne XS, available very cheaply in most places. More similar to Himalaya than Platinum Egoiste but in that ball park.

Thanks martinijo, is that the paco rabbane white?

Fierce or Very Sexy Platinum
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Thanks martinijo, is that the paco rabbane white?
    Yes I suppose so.
    It's the original XS, nothing to do with that nasty Black XS strawberry thing.

Blog Entries

I always found the old YSL Jazz to be a lot like Platinum Egoiste - and the price is good. I paid even less - something like $15 or $20 at Filene's Basement.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/jazz-col...mf/en_US/01290

Great fragrance. Don't except any imitations. Save up and get the one you really like. You can buy something similar, but it just won't be the one you admired.

I think both PE and Fierce are FBW, but I do not think they are similar. Glad to have both in my collection. One can fix that Fierce bottle problem by simply peeling off the tacky sticker, as I have done with mine.

Regards,

TC
    Last edited by The Colognnoisseur; 12th January 2014 at 01:01 PM.
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

platinum plain great!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

After going through the reviews for platinum egoiste I decided to go to the mall and test this frag, wow it was fantastic smells really clean. Something i would definitely wear, however, at this time its out of my budget. Can you guys help with any suggested frags that you could say have a similar smell, notes or feel to it. Is this a winter frag,or all season. What do you think of bogart pour homme is that a frag i could blind buy.
    A small bottle of Platinum Egoiste would last you a long time unless it's the only thing you're wearing, and even then, months, so at the cost per day, it 's not too bad. With the bigger bottle (100 ml), the economics are even better.

Platinum Egoiste vs Paco Rabbane XS: The same type of scent, perhaps, but the smell is very different, and there's no risk of mistaking one for the other. XS is loud and edgy, and develops in an interesting way and has good moments. Platinum Egoiste, to my nose, is quite different and much, much better.

Platinum Egoiste vs A&F Fierce: I do think these smell alike. I've never worn Fierce, but it smells good to me in the mall.

I'm bouncing around threads, and there are many on this topic, going back years, and one that I liked was the guy who said he used to love PE like a favorite, but has moved onto regular Egoiste and YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP. My journey was in the opposite direction. I knew those scents from earlier, and Opium was one of the first bottles I purchased, but to my nose, at this point, Platinum Egoiste towers over this and most of my other scents. I smile for the first half hour when I'm wearing it thinking about how good it smells, but the love for it is far from universal; which means you should smell more unique.

As far as compliments or reception from other people, Platinum Egoiste seems to a hit with everyone around me. My wife actually described it as light the first time I wore it this summer! From her, that's a big compliment, because it's not light, it's loud, especially at first, but that's her way of saying that it smells good, and people at work seem to really respect it. One girls wants to wear it for herself.

Basenotes Institution N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar

I recommend trying Chanel Allure Edition Blanche. It is a nice creamy lemon scent, really nice stuff.

Platinum Egoiste is a staple in my work fragrance arsenal. A winner in my book.

Platinum Egoiste is an Excellent Fragrance without a doubt... One of my favorite from Chanel...

i was cleaning my father's bathroom yesterday and found an old bottle under the sink. he's had a lot of people living there so it must be a past boarder. it does smell exactly like "rich person" and "charisma"

I know storing in the bathroom is bad because of temperature fluctuations. Don't ask to buy it off me the actual juice is likely ruined and there's maybe 45% left anyway, but maybe i could make the bathroom smell rich with it. Imagine!

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Quote Originally Posted by 601red View Post
    If a certain fragrance is at OMG level for you, I suggest you save up and get the real-deal.
    Wise words indeed. Why settle for anything less?

I like Chanels very much but Platinum, although I have it, I am not so sure about it. A&F is much dearer where I live ... so I think Montblanc Legend to be a good variation on the theme and it can be cheaper tha the Chanel. But I also agree that if it's all you want you should stick to it, for nothing else usually does the trick once you have fallen for it.

Horrible imo -- save your money

I don't recommend blind buying normally -- but Bogart Pour Homme is great value and very nice

Egoiste Platinum is one of the first scents I fell in love with. IMHO there is no other.