Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma. Colonial or Essenza

Spring around the corner. I debate these two in my mind. Pros for Colonial are the next cer rose and the freshness feeling. essenza seems to last longer and is more floral. I think the lilly of the valley is nice but somertimes I don't feel the whiteness factor but Essenza seems more business

Which say you

And if you know of any great deals on say 180 ml of Colonia or 100 ml of Essenzas pm me

Default Re: Acqua di Parma. Colonial or Essenza

I'll just chime in because I adore the AdP Colonia Intensa Oud Concentree. Just learned it won Fragrance of the Year in the men's lux category of the 2013 Fifi Awards: http://www.osmoz.com/inspiration/osm...13-the-winners. If you mean regular Colonia, its nice, but I call the concentree my guy's "master of the universe" scent.

Of the two, I prefer Colonia.

ETA: Like ScentFan, my absolute favorite of the Colonia line is Intensa Oud but I find it to be more of a Fall, Winter or evening scent.

Sound Scents

Either one would be an excellent choice, IMO. I have a slight preference for Colonia but it is a near toss-up.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

IMO, from the Colonia line are:

1) Essenza di Colonia
    2) Colonia Intensia
    3) Colonia
    4) Colonia Assolutia

The Oud is very interesting. Not something I wear often, and I didn't list it, since it is a whole different creature - despite the amazing resemblance to it's siblings.

Genuinely loving colonia.

Another one for Colonia.

I just ordered a sample of Colonia Intensa today.

Colonia

(2938)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Next to the Dior Homme line, the Colonias are probably my very favorite.

Impossible to go wrong, but if the 2 from OP's question, Essenza then Colonia. It's like choosing a favorite kid for me though. The Oud is also a favorite, but much more serious, and kind of in a different category.

Essenza for me.

Colonia Essenza without a doubt. Its an absolute for me in the spring and summer! I can't be without it!

I have owned Essenza for quite some time. I think the Aqua Di Parma line is exceedingly well made. I sampled most...the Oud was not out at the time...and obviously choose Essenza. It just had that little something extra for me. In my opinion a beautiful scent that you will find yourself catching whiffs of through the day. During its final stage it seems to darken just a hair which keeps it from becoming too floral. Bottom line is I don't believe you can wrong with either. Close call depending on your taste. Like most everyone else I would like to sample the Oud.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Basenotes Plus

I recommend trying Assoluta if you haven't. Great citrus up front and then goes into an awesome fougere-like progression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Colonia is a classic lemon, herb, and rose eau de cologne right out of the XVIIIth Century.

I still feel that the original Colonia is fantastic and the epitome of classy. Men's citrus-rose-oakmoss done right.
    Colonia Assoluta is also a wonderful modern interpretation of the original. Essenza doesn't pull my chain quite so much, but really
    I have never smelled a bad fragrance in the whole Acqua di Parma and Blu Mediterraneo line.

As you mentioned the season, I will chime in and just say that I've used Colonia original for the summer months in the past and Essenza during the colder months. I suppose one some spring days it could go either way. Late spring or early autumn would mean Colonia for me any day. As for Essenza, the spices in this make it a winter scent for me. Either way, both are very good scents and would do well for an office fragrance. I think I've smelt Essenza before in the office on another chap.

That said, the whole brand is worth visiting, as others have suggested. It's a great line of scents.

Basenotes Member

+ 1 on Colonia Intensa, and also on the wonderful Colonia Intensa Oud. (It also comes now in the leather-wrapped travel atomizer... so nice. )

Basenotes Member

Essenza gets my vote. Fabulous Italian barbershop vibe. Wears very well to the office any time of the year. The original Colonia is also great; very versatile and a good all arounder during summer. I wear Intensa to the office once in a while in the winter months.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Essenza