Code of Conduct

Default Abercrombie and Fitch's Line of colognes

I've been very interested in there other stuff like Woods, A and F cologne and Hot. The star is obviously Fierce (which i will own one day instead of this knock off i got from walmart), and im talking about owning the original Vintage feirce with the red lettering on it, ive heard its more stronger then the reformulated version of now? What do you guys think of A and F's line up of colognes?
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Default Re: Abercrombie and Fitch's Line of colognes

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmarionneaux View Post
    What do you guys think of A and F's line up of colognes?
    Personally not a fan but they have their supporters here on Basenotes.

(2949)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Has anyone tried Hot?
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Banned
    Blog Entries

Only have Fierce which I never reach for

Fierce is the only thing A&F got right. It's the only thing I buy from there and I always buy it online so I don't have to go into that dark, dance club, shitty clothes store. Fierce is the only reason A&F is even still around today. Fierce does smell amazing, to me at least, and the compliments don't ever end. The scent lasts forever, especially if sprayed on clothing. Don't bother buying the vintage red lettering Fierce, for the price you're going to buy it at you could probably buy 2 of the newer versions. You won't be able to even pin point the differences, the smell is basically the exact same.

Only buy it from A&F directly, don't buy it online through Amazon, eBay, or any other site, there all fake! A&F only sells their colognes at A&F stores or A&F.com, no where else. Fierce smells like LC's (now EA) Curve for Men mixed with Chanel's PE. Fierce is the child of these two fragrances.

Another great fragrance they got right was their now closed store Ruehl No 925. The store it self was horrible, just like A&F is, but their signature fragrance was amazing. The Ruehl No. 925 Signature (which they sprayed in the entire store just like they do Fierce at A&F) is a much more mature, masculine scent compared to Fierce. They smell nothing a like. Ruehl is very musky, creamy, barbershop type fragrance. From what I've read and heard it smells identical to YSL Rive Gauche. It's a shame they discontinued this amazing fragrance.
    Last edited by zack morris; 22nd January 2014 at 10:11 PM.

Fierce is decent as long as you don't get it on your skin. If you let it morph into something past those top notes, its gets nasty imo.

Not that great, Fierce is annoying to me in particular.

Have no interest of anything but Fierce... versatile sent which as the OP mentioned A&F got right. BTW, no need to buy the one with the red letters. It's the ISO E Super that makes this one top shelf.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Just bought fierce from their store online (also bought purple label) and even though i wanted the one with the red lettering it was to much on ebay and the reformulated version almost smells identical. I came home wearing fierce after my trip to( A and F store) the mall and my gf is like "omg what are you wearing?!". Couldnt help but buy a bottle ;D lol.
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmarionneaux View Post
    Just bought fierce from their store online (also bought purple label) and even though i wanted the one with the red lettering it was to much on ebay and the reformulated version almost smells identical. I came home wearing fierce after my trip to( A and F store) the mall and my gf is like "omg what are you wearing?!". Couldnt help but buy a bottle ;D lol.
    Glad you like Fierce. It may get a bad rap on here since it's not Niche, and A&F is just a horrible brand, but chicks love the smell regardless. Same with Curve for Men, it may be cheap and synthetic, but it's one of the most complimented frags by babes on the market, even beating out high end designer frags.

The best part of Fierce is the dry down. It's the smell you get from the mall when you are 5 stores away from A&F. Does anyone know what note that is!?!?

I tried Abercrombie HOT and the other new one Crest, I wasn't blown away by either. You get more of an alcohol smell in the beginning, unlike you do with Fierce. HOT is a fresh clean aquatic and Crest is like so many others, citrus woody. I've tried so many fragrances, designer, niche, you name it, and Fierce is still in my top 5. That dry down!

Quote Originally Posted by metallisomething View Post
    I've tried so many fragrances, designer, niche, you name it, and Fierce is still in my top 5. That dry down!
    100% agree. Fierce is my signature scent. I have other niche colognes, but I keep coming back to Fierce, to me it just smells better. People say Chanel's PE is a more mature Fierce, but I'm not a huge fan of the scent and I don't really smell the comparison as strong as others are. Everyone's nose is different. I actually prefer the cheap-o Liz Claiborne's (now Elizabeth Arden) Original Curve for Men over Chanel's PE.

Basenotes Junkie

Old thread.. Not sure if the OP still cares, but I just wanted to say that AF Hot is awesome juice. It is also the same as Cologne 41 as far as I remember.

I cant wait to try Hot! Is it a smokey scent?
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL