Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dior Fahrenheit Pure Parfum

Does anyone knows something about this launch? I saw info about it here, but couldn't find anything else, like dates, size or how much will it cost:

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...m_2013_ne.html

Default Re: Dior Fahrenheit Pure Parfum

I would buy this if it resembles the old Fahrenheit, the current version is terrible.

Top : pink peppercorn, lemon, and lavender
    Middle: violet leaves
    Base: amber, benzoin, guaiac wood, birch, cedar wood, patchouli, vanilla and vetiver

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect it won't resemble the old one, since Dior cannot use what gave the distinct Fahrenheit smell anymore due to IFRA/UE restrictictions on some allergenics. Tough, i still think that the last Fahrenheit version i tried was nice, just much more light then the first version (a little bit more common maybe, but still pleasant).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I suspect it won't resemble the old one, since Dior cannot use what gave the distinct Fahrenheit smell anymore due to IFRA/UE restrictictions on some allergenics. Tough, i still think that the last Fahrenheit version i tried was nice, just much more light then the first version (a little bit more common maybe, but still pleasant).
    I agree. I'd have more faith in this version (assuming it even exists) if Maurice Roger + Jean-Louis Sieuzac were brought in to execute it. Still though, I'll definitely try it if/when it ever gets released.

Post Thanks / Like

It was first mentioned on the Fahrenheit flanker thread here on BN. I couldn't find any info what so ever on it so thought it was just a rumour until I saw someone post on a fragrance group on Facebook an actual bottle of this and commenting on it.

What's weird is if this is actually true, then why weren't there any ad campaigns or news announced on any websites for it? I'd imagine Dior be advertising the hell out of it.

From the very few comments on this, it seems like the original petroleum, gasoline vibe is gone and an added vanilla note is put in. I'm really intrigued by this, but I'm hoping that it still is Fahrenheit and just amped up with some more depth (maybe leaning toward the older formulations?).

I guess time will tell on this one and if it actually goes into mass production.

Original notes :

Top notes are lavender, mandarin orange, hawthorn, nutmeg flower, cedar, bergamot, chamomile and lemon;
    middle notes are nutmeg, honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and cedar;
    base notes are leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiv

I cannot see it as been as good as the current version. All I can see happening is just a over amplification of what we have already which may be just too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    From the very few comments on this, it seems like the original petroleum, gasoline vibe is gone and an added vanilla note is put in. I'm really intrigued by this, but I'm hoping that it still is Fahrenheit and just amped up with some more depth (maybe leaning toward the older formulations?).
    Hmmm...vanilla isn't a note that comes to mind when I think of Fahrenheit...

Post Thanks / Like

From what I am reading, it just looks like this is a woman's version of Fahrenheit.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like most flankers, even variations in concentration (in name, mostly) i guess the new Fahrenheit should be tested on its own merit.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Like most flankers, even variations in concentration (in name, mostly) i guess the new Fahrenheit should be tested on its own merit.
    What the gentleman said! ;-)
    Apropos, there is no "Fahrenheit Perfume" on the official Dior site...
    Last edited by easyfish; 12th January 2014 at 06:58 PM.

This is one I would definitely be interested in trying.

(2964)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    What the gentleman said! ;-)
    Apropos, there is no "Fahrenheit Perfume" on the official Dior site...
    That's what i found odd, because even in the french website you don't find it. Sometimes i look there for things that have disappeared elsewhere or things that they haven't done any press about it (like,in the past, the parfum concentrations of Hypnotic Poison and Poison).

I just hope that these news was an early announcement, because i love parfum concentrations and a richer fahrenheit, more intense and complex would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    From what I am reading, it just looks like this is a woman's version of Fahrenheit.
    It's hard to say just based on the notes, we'll have to see until someone tries it.

I dont think its for Women at all, the release just says it has more unisex appeal, obviously its meant for men. Its the trend now in the fragrance industry to make parfum or extraits now for men. Also the notes are still very masculine , I can never imagine a woman rocking this unless she is GI Jane or something.

Post Thanks / Like

We are missing the honeysuckle as well as some other plant/floral extracts that really defined the original. Gone is that warm lush balminess of the vintage versions. The recent formulations , in all fairness, are just too emaciated and vacous in comparison. Glad I have my old bottle from before. I will keep and cherish it forever.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants. - LT

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say just based on the notes, we'll have to see until someone tries it.
    No, it clearly says this is marketed towards women. But ya, whether or not it smells feminine or not remains to be smelled.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Post Thanks / Like

"it could be seen as a move to tap more indiscriminately into a cross-gender audience."
    Not marketed toward women, just an opinion of the blogger.

Maybe the blogger just made up the whole thing. But why?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

"Like for Terre d'Herms, which like Fahrenheit offers an unisex appeal, and started the more recent trend of proposing masculine extraits, it could be seen as a move to tap more indiscriminately into a cross-gender audience."

What are they talking about?? Because they are being offered in "parfum" strength that means they are trying to get women to wear them???
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    What are they talking about?? Because they are being offered in "parfum" strength that means they are trying to get women to wear them???
    They're saying ignorant things because they don't know better. They probably also think Cologne means for men and Perfume means for women.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I would love to try it, but my bottle is satisfactory on longevity.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Well the fragrance is definitely real. A guy on facebook from Belgium just bought a bottle.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Post Thanks / Like

From FB-

"It's nothing like the original EDT. The petroleum is not there anymore. What I mainly get is vanilla, leather and violet leaf. And the opening is spicy due to the pink pepper. That's why it kinda reminds me about Opium although that's more anise than pepper it does share the same roots...oriental spicy. It lasts really well at about 10 to 12 hours easy on my dry skin. Projection is good as you expect from a Dior fragrance!
    This is quality right here guys.
    I can see a confident women pull this off but it's definitely more a masculine fragrance (to my nose)."
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Post Thanks / Like

heperd, I read that also on the Facebook group, pretty intriguing to say the least.

This isn't marketed towards women, I really don't know where the blogger got that info from. 'Tap into a cross-gender audience'... really?

Maybe someone in the U.S can call a Dior boutique and see if there is some sort of info on this?

Pretty intriguing indeed! I hope this makes its way to the states, because I'd love to get my nose on it. I can't say I love everything Dior makes, but I'm almost always impressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Like for Terre d'Herms, which like Fahrenheit offers an unisex appeal, and started the more recent trend of proposing masculine extraits, it could be seen as a move to tap more indiscriminately into a cross-gender audience."

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    They're saying ignorant things because they don't know better. They probably also think Cologne means for men and Perfume means for women.
    From FB-

"It's nothing like the original EDT. The petroleum is not there anymore. What I mainly get is vanilla, leather and violet leaf. And the opening is spicy due to the pink pepper. That's why it kinda reminds me about Opium although that's more anise than pepper it does share the same roots...oriental spicy. It lasts really well at about 10 to 12 hours easy on my dry skin. Projection is good as you expect from a Dior fragrance!
    I can see a confident women pull this off but it's definitely more a masculine fragrance (to my nose)."
    heperd, I read that also on the Facebook group, pretty intriguing to say the least.

This isn't marketed towards women, I really don't know where the blogger got that info from. 'Tap into a cross-gender audience'... really?

Maybe someone in the U.S can call a Dior boutique and see if there is some sort of info on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Pretty intriguing indeed! I hope this makes its way to the states, because I'd love to get my nose on it. I can't say I love everything Dior makes, but I'm almost always impressed.
    Chantal-Hlne Wagner (Scented Salamander) is one of my favorite fragrance bloggers. A lot of her stuff is cut-and-paste press release, but I respect her interjected opinion, even if it's more than occasionally dubious in its phrasing. She has a good long-view of things, IMO.

I've heard of women poaching Fahrenheit, and recently, when wearing it, I've been trying to contemplate the feminine side of it. Apart from the bits that smell like a 1960's gas station garage, there is quite a bit there for ladies to love. And it's a real attention-getter. That always works for me when there's something interesting after my attention has been gotten!

I can see even the regular version working on a woman - particularly since men's scents have been moving so far away from the style. What they've left behind is pretty much an old-school oriental.

Thanks for that early report, heperd! This is going to be a real wallet temptation for me. MUST. RESIST. BUYING...... okayigiveupsorryboutthatmmmgood

Post Thanks / Like

Rather than accuse the blogger of making up things or being ignorant, I think it would be wiser to examine her post more carefully.

First off, the title of the post indicates a "Men's cologne", so clearly this does not seem to be marketed towards women by Dior.

Second, note Wagner's writing (emphases mine):

1. "Dior have released a new version of their classic men's fragrance Fahrenheit offered this time in parfum or extrait form, a concentration reserved in principle for feminine perfumes."

She comments that the parfum concentration is typically for feminine perfumes, and the fact that she comments on this indicates that this new offering is really for men, and is unusual.

2. "Like for Terre d'Herms [parfum], which like Fahrenheit offers an unisex appeal, and started the more recent trend of proposing masculine extraits, it could be seen as a move to tap more indiscriminately into a cross-gender audience."

Terre d'Herms Parfum was indeed the forerunner of masculine extraits. Wagner comments it (and Fahrenheit) has unisex appeal. This means that both TdH and Fahrenheit already appeals to both men and women, but offering it in extrait form may appeal even more to women (hence, 'to tap more indiscriminately'). Note that in typical modern perfumery, extraits are not just more concentrated EdTs/EdPs, but are modified in structure to emphasis certain notes.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Just like I said. She is making stuff up based on nothing.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever heard of any female wearing TdH? No. Were females attracted to wearing TdH when it was released in a "Pure Parfum"? No.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Women show periodic interest in TdH, but it's very low-key. I was hit up for samples by at least a couple of ladies when I first came here in 2008. And there have been several threads on the topic. I recall one that almost woke up the mods, back in the DustB days. A couple of guys said no way, and the usual suspects called in the DOJ for discrimination. I said that I thought TdH would be sexy on a woman, like borrowing one's flannel lumberjack shirt and leaving all the buttons open, and nobody knew what to do with that bit of weirdness.

I agree that the release of TdH parfum didn't seem to evoke a greater interest in TdH on the part of women - at least not that I noted. I think she's speculating that men's parfums might do that, but honestly, that does not seem to have been the case.

I think that part of the reason that extrait and extreme releases don't seem to "call in the gals", is that more concentrated versions of men's scents tend to come later rather than earlier, and most of the potential cross-gender interest usually happens near the initial release of a scent, when unisex character is an open question. But in almost every case within memory, the release of an extreme or a parfum has been a scent with stronger "men's" notes (smoke, wood, etc.). So unless there starts to be some move to make these brofumes tend toward unisex as a rule, then I don't see why women would bother taking notice.

Post Thanks / Like

will try to sample...

Post Thanks / Like

I see I misread it. When I saw this "a concentration reserved in principle for feminine perfumes." I misunderstood and thought they were just saying that this fragrance was a feminine perfume.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Just like I said. She is making stuff up based on nothing.
    To speculate or to offer an opinion is not making up stuff. Then any comment we made is also making up stuff.

Have you ever heard of any female wearing TdH? No. Were females attracted to wearing TdH when it was released in a "Pure Parfum"? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Women show periodic interest in TdH, but it's very low-key. I was hit up for samples by at least a couple of ladies when I first came here in 2008. And there have been several threads on the topic. I recall one that almost woke up the mods, back in the DustB days. A couple of guys said no way, and the usual suspects called in the DOJ for discrimination. I said that I thought TdH would be sexy on a woman, like borrowing one's flannel lumberjack shirt and leaving all the buttons open, and nobody knew what to do with that bit of weirdness.

I agree that the release of TdH parfum didn't seem to evoke a greater interest in TdH on the part of women - at least not that I noted. I think she's speculating that men's parfums might do that, but honestly, that does not seem to have been the case.

I think that part of the reason that extrait and extreme releases don't seem to "call in the gals", is that more concentrated versions of men's scents tend to come later rather than earlier, and most of the potential cross-gender interest usually happens near the initial release of a scent, when unisex character is an open question. But in almost every case within memory, the release of an extreme or a parfum has been a scent with stronger "men's" notes (smoke, wood, etc.). So unless there starts to be some move to make these brofumes tend toward unisex as a rule, then I don't see why women would bother taking notice.
    I would disagree.

Wagner seems to imply that women do like Terre d'Herms a lot (as mentioned in her other posts), and that she may be privy to some information (not just anecdotal) that we do not see. Moreover, perfume markets are quite segmented in terms of preferences. Just because the women around you do not seem to be crazy about TdH (or Fahrenheit) does not mean that women in other countries (say, France) are the same.

Second, I am not sure that masculine extraits are always significantly stronger with masculine notes. TdH Parfum is to me (and many others) softer and rounder than the EdT. And what about Eau Sauvage Parfum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    To speculate or to offer an opinion is not making up stuff. Then any comment we made is also making up stuff.

I would disagree.

Wagner seems to imply that women do like Terre d'Herms a lot (as mentioned in her other posts), and that she may be privy to some information (not just anecdotal) that we do not see. Moreover, perfume markets are quite segmented in terms of preferences. Just because the women around you do not seem to be crazy about TdH (or Fahrenheit) does not mean that women in other countries (say, France) are the same.
    True. She may well have data - she has a heck of a lot closer and wider industry ties than anybody around here does - even people in the industry. Her attributions are often fairly impressive. She is very often able to get data in her posts that goes beyond the press release. But she typically identifies who she talked to, if it's a specific fact. Here, it's a bit of a generalization, so who knows?

I did see data a while back on percentages of men's fragrances bought by different groups, and the numbers for men's fragrances bought by women for themselves blew me away. But I don't recall offhand what the number was, but it surprised me.

Second, I am not sure that masculine extraits are always significantly stronger with masculine notes. TdH Parfum is to me (and many others) softer and rounder than the EdT. And what about Eau Sauvage Parfum?
    Unless I see a lot of people commenting that a new concentration of a fragrance seems "more unisex", "more feminine", etc., I'd be hesitant to use my own senses definitively, but I do have to say that Eau Sauvage Parfum is - to MY nose - very unisex. But I've never really thought of Eau Sauvage as terribly masculine, either.

I'd love to see her elaborate. I may try to drop a comment on there later, if I can. Gotta crash now. TTYL!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just amazed that the discussion went towards it being or not oriented to woman lol Well, i guess that i'm not the right person to judge since i love seing people wearing fragrances that they usually wouldn't wear, but really i don't think that Fahrenheit could be so hard for a woman to wear. Maybe judging from the current trends of fruity florals or clean florals or sugary scents, but i see that Fahrenheit could fit for a Lady that likes more vintage leathery scents and that also enjoy something more dry and also likes violets.

I just hope it pops up soon everywhere, i want a bottle of it!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Wifey has worn Fahrenheit since 1990
    2. I doubt "Fahrenheit Pure Perfume" has been released yet, but Im very curious about it....;-)

From FB-

what facebook page is this ? link please

Post Thanks / Like

This website announcing the advent of parfum version of Fahrenheit looks shady!!! I wish it was true that a men's version in parfum would exist but I'm more then satisfied with Edt version as it does all i wanted to...A classic so please don't mess with the formula!!!
    Last edited by magnus611; 13th January 2014 at 05:21 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents"

The formula is already messed up and the site is legit, Mimifrou is a very reliable blog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    The formula is already messed up and the site is legit, Mimifrou is a very reliable blog.
    Kool, Thx....without that specific Petroleum/Gasoline note ..the violet leaf...etc will extinguish peculiarly of the Classic original.....not worth it IMO !
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it'll be interesting to try, whether it'll remain interesting later on is yet to be seen.

Second, I am not sure that masculine extraits are always significantly stronger with masculine notes. TdH Parfum is to me (and many others) softer and rounder than the EdT.
    This is my experience as well. I know that many here on basenotes prefer an EdP over an EdT because it'll be a stronger concentration, but when given an option of a perfume that comes in both concentrations, sometimes the EdT will project more and have a more airy feel, whereas the EdP may sit closer to the skin, which probably accounts for the "softer / rounder" feel you mentioned.

And what about Eau Sauvage Parfum?
    Eau Sauvage Parfum is poorly named in my opinion. It isn't an EdP concentration of Eau Sauvage. It's a very different perfume entirely. I'm surprised Dior didn't give it more of a typical flanker type of name such as Eau Sauvage de Vet (for vetiver, obviously), or Eau Sauvage Noir.

I have to guess that, like Eau Sauvage Parfum which is NOT just a parfum concentration of Eau Sauvage, a Fahrenheit Parfum would be a very different composition rather than just being an EdP concentration of Fahrenheit. Like I said, I'm really interested!

So beyond finding one person who owns it in Europe, and having a single blog posting about it, has there been any word on this being available anywhere yet? I'm very keen to try this, and was wondering if word had leaked of where/when it will be available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    what facebook page is this ? link please
    "Fragrance Guru Nation"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Not sure if the link will work if you arent in the group.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Rick, thank you for the post.

Where is the leather??
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks like this is officially confirmed as people in the U.K see it for sale in certain stores and have taken pictures as evidence.

Still strange though that there has been nothing announced from Dior, at least, it doesn't seem like it.

I'm really excited/eager to try this.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Now Smell This posted about it today, with photos:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2014/01/16...ew-fragrances/

"Fahrenheit Parfum, the new intensity. A harmony of opposites to combine strength and elegance. The fragrance dons a vibrant and sensual accord, featuring violet and leather accents enhanced with Bourbon vanilla absolute. The irresistible appeal of a unique fragrance heightened by precious ingredients." In 75 ml.
    According to the article it is available for sale in the UK (Debenhams) now.

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Ya, I started a thread, there's another edp of Hypnotic Poison too.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Tested it. You guys will be really disappointed. It's not even recognizable as Fahrenheit. It's some of totally castrated ghost of the original - transparent citrus and not even a hint of petrol. Absolute rubbish!
    Last edited by Spoombung; 17th January 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Out tomorrow in the UK officially. Wipe away your tears.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Tested it. You guys will hate it. It's not even recognizable as Fahrenheit. It's some of totally castrated ghost if the original - transparent citrus and not even a hint of petrol. Absolute rubbish!
    That's disappointing. Do you think if you smelled it blindly without knowing it was Fahrenheit PP that you'd find it to be equally as bad?

Post Thanks / Like

So now i also have a new concentration of HP to desire too. Love the EDT and Pure Parfum concentration.

Well, i'm still interested in fahrenheit pure parfum, hope it pops outside uk soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    That's disappointing. Do you think if you smelled it blindly without knowing it was Fahrenheit PP that you'd find it to be equally as bad?
    I wouldn't have given it a moment's notice. It's anonymous. It's very, very bland and actually not that strong for a parfum - there's nothing that needs 'amplifying' in the composition as essentially it's just a bit of bergamot and vanilla. The main problem is it's virtually characterless - it has no heart and soul. It's closer to Fahrenheit absolute than anything else but FA has masses of character compared to this. Honestly I could list 200 perfumes better than this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    I wouldn't have given it a moment's notice. It's anonymous. It's very, very bland and actually not that strong for a parfum - there's nothing that needs 'amplifying' in the composition as essentially it's just a bit of bergamot and vanilla. The main problem is it's virtually characterless - it has no heart and soul. It's closer to Fahrenheit absolute than anything else but FA has masses of character compared to this. Honestly I could list 200 perfumes better than this.
    Thanks for the feedback. Doesn't sound promising but I'll still try to sniff it if/when it makes it to the States.

Sounds like a let down.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't get over how weak this is. It's barely detectable.

Why? I ask myself.....

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, as LVMH representative told me Fahrenheit Parfum replaces Fahrenheit Absolute that will be discontinued in 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    By the way, as LVMH representative told me Fahrenheit Parfum replaces Fahrenheit Absolute that will be discontinued in 2014.
    Really? Good grief, I'd stock up on your FA now if that's the case. Some replacement....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Have a hard time believing that, I think the rep was using a scare tactic to buy FA. It's a member of the mainstream lineup and is still fairly new (a little over 4 years I believe?)

If it were in fact discontinued, well then I would be so mad at Dior as it's a great fragrance and I'd stock up, and if Fahrenheit parfum isn't as good, then, all hope is lost.

Post Thanks / Like

and if Fahrenheit parfum isn't as good, then, all hope is lost.
    Believe me, it's not even close...