Code of Conduct

Default Looking to add a Creed - which one?

I have Aventus, GIT and OS.. Also wear TDH and TV. I'm 34, work in sales and wear a suit. I live in Orange County where it's always warm. What would be a good addition? Longevity and silage are important to me as scents seem to not last long on my skin. Would love to hear your suggestions. I've had BDC, YSL.'s, Pure Malt, and didn't care for any of them really. I'm sticking to creed and TDH moving forward and would like to add one to the stable. Thanks in advance for your reply's..

Default Re: Looking to add a Creed - which one?

Spice and Wood is awesome!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Pure White Cologne is the best Creed I've experienced. It's fantastic for the hot weather and has very good longevity. Super expensive but a split is always a good option.

Original Vetiver, Royal Oud, or Millesime 1849 have good lasting power. Although as for Millesime 1849 its only exclusive to the Creed Boutique in NY. As for the others mentioned you can acquire them for reasonable cost for a 2.5oz or 4oz for around $125-$160 if you search in the right areas.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarRoomHeroes View Post
    Longevity and silage are important to me as scents seem to not last long on my skin.
    If that's the case, you may want to look into another house. Creeds are notorious for having poor longevity.

If you insist on Creed, Royal Oud smells great and has decent longevity. Original Santal has very good longevity, but I don't care for the smell.

I think Neroli Sauvage is great in the heat. Some complain of lack of longevity and sillage but on me it performs well, so maybe try to test first.

Millesime Imperial...get about 4-6 hours longevity, and is the best smell in the biz. Works best in warmer weather so it should fit the bill in OC. Also, non offensive so it should be a good fit for sales job.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Royal Oud IMO.

(3002)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

+1 Pure White Cologne.

Great longevity and great for warmer weather.

Selection Verte is also great for warm temperatures.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Himalaya is nice in warm weather.

For days when you're wearing a suit in hot weather, I'm going to have to agree with Hednic and suggest Royal Oud. It's classy, dresses up really well, and it lasts long for a Creed.

Royal Oud ...the only Creed which seems to have lasting power on my skin in hot/humid conditions (around 8 hrs and i can still smell a waft now and then as i move around, though it does take 5 sprays or more)

Original Vetiver which has a killer opening...reminds me of lush and wet greenery just after a rain and then a very calm and balanced mid / base notes (can smell it around 4 hrs or so, not sure if its there after that as i cant smell it any longer)

mind you, these are from the samples i procured and used for a while

Virgin Island Water should work wonders in that climate. Might be strictly for weekends though as it has a very laid-back, fun, tropical vibe. Longevity is adequate on my skin.
    Last edited by thehighend; 14th January 2014 at 04:10 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Navyy8 View Post
    Millesime Imperial...get about 4-6 hours longevity, and is the best smell in the biz. Works best in warmer weather so it should fit the bill in OC. Also, non offensive so it should be a good fit for sales job.
    This. Except I get 6-8 hours of longevity. I got very lucky receiving this batch.

+1 Original Vetiver

Your collection is missing the best Creed - Millesime Imperial. If it's warm weather you have, this is your holy grail.
    Current UK sales: Diptyque Philosykos EdP

Basenotes Plus

Suit? You need pure white cologne

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Your collection is missing the best Creed - Millesime Imperial. If it's warm weather you have, this is your holy grail.
    Can't agree more!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    What rum said

MI or Royal Oud shall do fine ...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Bois de Portugal, Royal Oud...

Virgin Island Water or Millesime Imperial should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    +++1

Millesime Imperial, Himilaya

Suit? Tabarome Millesime. Elegance and sophistication. One of the best!

Basenotes Member

Silver Mountain Water if you like tea.4-6 hours on my skin, which is pretty good given my skin type.