Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 14 January, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

Iris Nazarena - Aedes

Blog Entries

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 14 January, 2014.

Morning all!

Feel better soon, jujy.

l'm wearing Ghost today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all,

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Jujy, hope your sniffing gear is fully functioning and ready for olfactory action again.

SotD is Opium PH EDP.

Happy Birthday Leesee

Hi Everyone!

Temperatures are mild in Philly but it is overcast and rain is expected.

Wearing Escada by Margaretha Ley (the original)

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 14 January, 2014.

NICOLAÏ POUR HOMME
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone! I did my nails last night, which is a feat in and of itself because I have a hard time sitting still long enough for them to dry properly, and usually end up messing one up (which I did, but I am not starting over this AM!). So I am feeling rather prim and proper today, so Chanel 31 rue Cambon it is.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Trussardi Fresh Uomo this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Cello, you need Quick Dry nail polish, LOL. That is what I let the little kids use; it really does dry fast!

Good morning, good smelling people. It is stormy here and the sky was so awesomely beautiful this morning, sort of purple and gray and all moving.

Neil Morris Prowl for today.

Usually wake up at 5 to walk the dog and then run, because it's the only time I can pretty much count on not having to do anything else...Today I was going to sleep in (well, till 6:30) instead but the dog had other ideas, he came and got me up. I guess he is my workout partner.

Hello all. Huitieme Art Myrrhiad.
    DONNA

Wood and Spices by Montale from a sample

queen of the universe

Thanks for the get-well-and-get-smelling wishes, dears teardrop and Jon. Jon, the photo is splendid!

Sick but after I drop son off I am able to stay home with hot tea and the telly. About all I can smell is Amarige, so Amarige it is.

Pleasant day to all.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! A little snow and some freezing rain is happening right now.

(((ExtremeK))), I was so sorry to hear about your friend, my thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

Kalli, oh no, not you too! We're thinking our card problem may have come from Neiman Marcus, should know sometime soon.

I hope you feel better soon, jujy.

Happy Birthday, Leesee!

Wearing Rose Ikebana this morning.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 14th January 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Antibiotic/antiviral vibes for you, Jujy.
    I owe my favorite J.R. a PM once I'm back at the computer.
    I'm only pecking on the Kindle this a.m. before heading out to Home Depot, Menards, Goodwill, Kohl's, and Woodman's.
    I'll see if there's anything worth sampling at Kohl's, but I expect I'll prefer the lumber fragrance at Home Depot to the mostly celebri-scents offered at Kohl's. However, I've got a 30% off mailer from Kohl's, so I at least have to shop for new bras. Most of mine are underwired under only one boob anymore. Some of you gals know what I'm talking about--the steel band fractures and pokes into you, so you pull it out. What's weird is that it's not always just the left or right. [Insert cockeyed smiley from your imagination here.]
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy birthday to Leesee!!!

Healing vibes and good tea to [b]jujy/b], and Quarry, On extending the 'life' of errant underwires (mine don't break so much as cut through the lining and migrate up under my arm -ouch!) I usually push the pesky wire back in and close off the hole it's worn in the bra lining with electrical tape, as I've absolutely no skill or patience with sewing.

Chose Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin today, from a sample. Very, very nice, though I think I can survive on samples or dec*nts for the nonce. The *other* Lutens Fille (en Aiguilles), however, I'm pretty sure will be a bottle purchase for me once I work through my current (hearty) dec*nt. Could just be the weather, though, as my first thought upon apply LFdB this morning was, "Ooooooo, it's too chilly and grey for this luscious rose today..."

La Fille de Berlin notes: Rose, violet, pink and black pepper, musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Fendi. Lost my bottle of it sometime back (how? not sure), then found a full one online. Ahhhh...

You guys are so funny.

Kai perfume oil.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Leesee!

Love, Chloe for me today.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wearing Magie Noire today. It was my signature scent back in the day. It's nice to enjoy an old favorite. Have a good day everyone!

jujy, I hope you feel better soon. It's so lousy being that stuffed up. You could make a DIY Tubereuse Criminelle by adding some Vicks Vapo-Rub to that Amarige

LOL, Quarry! No way I wear anything with just one underwire. Oh, the humanity! No, I keep stuffing that pesky wire back in until there's no escaping the stabs to the armpit, and into the trash it goes. Some new, frothy unmentionables sound quite lovely, now that you mention it....

I'm note-twinned with Kiliwia and ComDiva in my new favorite rose, VC&A Rose Velours. This does for rose what VC&A Bois d'Iris does for iris. And with violet, honey, and cedar, this was a no-brainer for me. Swoon-worthy.

In a nod to my friend Paige, I'm planning to have my sister up for a weekend of bonding and spa treatments.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 14th January 2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Trouble with plurals

Jujy45 hope you get your nose back soon!

Quarry, if the bra is worth salvaging; you can buy new underwires and stuff them in. I once had a bleeding wound from an underwire which broke in the middle of the day.

My SotD is Balmain de Balmain, perfume. Divine. A spicy chypre.

BALMAIN_DE_BALMAIN_W.jpg
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    jujy, I hope you feel better soon. It's so lousy being that stuffed up. You could make a DIY Tubereuse Criminelle by adding some Vicks Vapo-Rub to that Amarige

LOL, Quarry! No way I wear anything with just one underwire. Oh, the humanity! No, I keep stuffing that pesky wire back in until there's no escaping the stabs to the armpit, and into the trash it goes. Some new, frothy unmentionables sound quite lovely, now that you mention it....
    By George you are right, ExtremeK! Quarry, that reminds me—my bras are older than my car! Maybe I should go shopping...
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Blog Entries

Sadly, I have to get the underwires or my bras ride up under my chin. You'd think if they can construct a decent bridge, they could invent a successful, comfortable bra!

Christopher Bond Bridge- Kansas City
    Last edited by kumquat; 14th January 2014 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Good morning all !. Jujy, hope your sniffing gear is fully functioning and ready for olfactory action again.

SotD is Opium PH EDP.

Happy Birthday Leesee
    This photo just brings me such joy Jon! TFS

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Sadly, I have to get the underwires or my bras ride up under my chin. You'd think if they can construct a decent bridge, they could invent a successful, comfortable bra!

Christopher Bond Bridge- Kansas City
    Seriously, how is this so difficult. My issue usually tends towards the fact that they always fall off my shoulders and so few offer a racer option. I know this is common so I often wonder why is it so difficult to simply sew the straps closer in to the spine???

I'm still sporting last nights BaV but I'm off to the showers so that'll change soon.

Blog Entries

Mona di Orio's -
    Nuit Noir
    although proclaimed a "civit fart" by Luca Turin,
    this potion does not contain one drop of civit.
    It is actually a smooth, warm leather that glows as
    it warms on the wearer's skin.

A quick check in the Women's SOTD thread is always rewarded with something extra-interesting.

I've heard much from MrsStPaul on these same issues. The Natori brand has been a huge success (and relief) in this matter.

All righty then! Sampling ELdO's Divin'enfant today. Have a good day/evening, all.
    Last edited by DaveStPaul; 14th January 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Now, there's a coincidence . Looks like I'm not alone in my decision to go all leathery and equestrian this evening (kumquat )

Royal Delight here.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 14th January 2014 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Excellent post, Jon! ​How did you find my picture from last summer?

Basenotes Institution

L'Air du Temps vintage EdT by Nina Ricci

One of the best carnations in my wardrobe. Crisp, sturdy - very dandy-esque and easily unisex.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

CK Truth.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 14 January, 2014.

LEESEE

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Influenza One.

Blog Entries

l hear ya on those pesky underwire problems, sisters. Been stabbed by them a few times myself. Ah, the joys of being female.

Wearing vintage Shalimar EDT this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Wore Eccentric Molecules Molecule 01, not loving it. It's OK, glad I bought just a little travel bottle.

Tonight I'm going for a real civet bomb; TDC Rose Poivree (original, dark colored jus).

LT & TS didn't like any of Mono di Orio's scents. I was with her at Aedes when the book came out. She was pure grace, we talked for nearly an hour. Miss her!

Happy Birthday, Leesee! Hope your day was fabuloso!

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Etro Ambra today. It is amber that is soft and snuggly ... so nice!

A patient at my hospital received flowers today that were so Spring-like: daffodils, tulips, hyacinth ... makes me hopeful that Spring will be here soon!

Get well wishes to jujy and anyone else needing them and hugs to all!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Twolf, are you serious about having influenza one? I sure hope you don't have it.

RHM, I think Turin and Sanchez were off the mark with their reviews of Mona's perfumes. I think she was a great talent. So glad you got a chance to meet and visit with her, that's very special.

Wearing Kenzo Amour Indian Holi this evening.

Twolf, yes, were you serious? A good friend of mine got the H1N1, she is ok but got very sick and it developed into pneumonia. There is serious stuff going around for sure.

I need to try more Mona scents.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Lupines, lumpines bring me more lumpines!

I hope no one else gets this dreadful flu. So far the flu shot has worked for me (knock on wood).

I guess the perfume business is like most; it's not what you know, it's who you know and who likes you. One of Mona's other great scents is Chamarré. A very unusual take on lavender done with aldehydes. I usually don't respond to lavender but this one is deep and dark with the contrast of frothy aldehydes. Hard to explain, unforgettable.