Code of Conduct

Default How to decant from a broken 120ml creed bottle?

A while ago, a 120ml creed bottle of mine fell from its shelf and the sprayer broke off. Basically I am wanting help with how to go about getting the scent out of the bottle and into another one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: How to decant from a broken 120ml creed bottle?

Do you have any pipettes or syringes. sdmilne?

Funnel with a Syringe and transfer it to a decant!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

This
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Funnel with a Syringe and transfer it to a decant!

Yeah I have a pipette. The problem is how to actually get in to the bottle to use it. The way the sprayer broke off has left a bit of the atomoser sticking out from the top of the bottle and everything seems so firmly in place that im not sure how to actually access the contents of the bottle with out resorting to smashing it!

Basenotes Plus

Is there a Creed outlet near you - it may be worth asking if they can help?

Use Travalo decant container if u have enough of stem protruding

Blog Entries

Is the part that's still sticking up the straw part of the sprayer?

If so, this technique may work for you:

Wonderful - thanks 30 Roses for posting that! Will come in handy, I'm sure...

Thanks for that video. I don't think that's going to work here though. The plastic part that is sticking out of the top of the bottle seems totally solid. There's nowhere for a syringe to go.

Blog Entries

That's strange...how can it be solid? There has to be some opening that the fragrance would have passed through on its way out the sprayer.
    Just out of curiosity, can you post a closeup photo of the way it looks (looking down on it)?

Perhaps by now you've succeeded in getting all the fragrance out of your Creed, but if not, here's a thought. Hold on, because it going to sound crazy. (Yes, I am making some assumptions here.)

Using a good set of needle-nose pliers, pop off the silvery cap that usually fits over the metal (thick aluminum?) that, in turn, holds the atomizer in place. Once you have access to that glob of metal, you can see more of the atomizer. Perhaps you can nab the top lip of the atomizer, if it's visible; holding the bottle tight, you can pry it from the bottle and then reveal a narrow opening to the fragrance, right through the metal.

If not, then--hang on--you can repeatedly use the pliers to compress that glob of metal, to deform that glob of metal, until it no longer has a hold on the bottle's neck and comes right off. During filling, Creed crimped that metal just once, uniformly, in order to make it stay in place. Now you're going to crimp (compress) it multiple times so that it loses its shape. The trick is to hold the bottle very tight and NOT to pull up or twist while you're squeezing the metal. The idea is to break down the composition of the metal, a little at a time, by squeezing the pliers from different angles on the compass.

It's not unlike breaking, say, a rod of metal by bending it first this way and then that way repeatedly until the rod comes apart. The difference with the bottle is that it's the pliers that's doing the work of bending.

Perhaps this sounds crazy, but I've done it dozens of times while decanting entire bottles for friends. Never broke a bottle, never lost any juice. But I'll admit that the first several times, I was sweating pretty hard. Good luck.

Hopefully this will be of some help. As can be seen I have been left with what appears to be solid plastic

How do I get past this and into the scent?

Yeah that plastic "cap" is standard for every bottle. You can still decant by following the video because the hole in the plastic runs right down the stem into the bottle.
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Same thing happened to my bottle of Green Valley. The syringe didn't fit in mine either. If there isn't a metal ring holding it in place you may need to break the bottle in a ziplock bag or a bowl and then use the syringe to transfer the juice to an atomizer. Ball peen hammer works well.

Did you have any luck with this? Im in a similar situation :/

I always do it this way - easy and works just fine:

just carefully pierce through the thin metal round the small tube with a little knive or screwdriver - et voilà!

DSCF1101c.jpg
    DSCF1102c.jpg